Nap Time, Business Time

Hi Readers: I hope that you guys enjoyed the last chapter, as well as the name that the couple have chosen for their hypothetical daughter. And I promise, that someday we'll put that name into use (and practice). Want to know what I mean? You'll have to keep reading my story to find out what I mean. But for now, I am going to do something else. And that's re-write Chapter Seventy-Six. I didn't like how short the chapter was, and I wanted to re-write it to make it longer. Hope you enjoy the new version of the chapter.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When she woke up in bed after her afternoon nap, she woke up alone; which is most definitely not something that she enjoys, but that didn't mean that Gabby didn't already expect that was going to be the case. As much as her husband told her that he wasn't going to work on her birthday, she knew that he wouldn't be able to resist working for a bit; after all, her husband is very dedicated to the business that he's creating, and he's also very dedicated to his staff. And that's why he's working right now, to make sure that he shows his continued dedication to all of his staff, especially in a time of instability for the company. The reason that the company isn't as stable right now? That would be due to the fact that they are moving their operations from Hawaii to Los Angeles, which is something that Gabby is really happy about; but that didn't mean that it was going to be easy, especially for Matt and their corporate lawyers. Never could Matt have ever imagined that there would be so much paperwork, just to allow him to move his family to Los Angeles.

And that was something that Matt was in the midst of speaking to his legal team about, the location where their business is incorporated. "Is it too late to change this company from it's current state of incorporation, to the state of Delaware? I heard that if we do it there, then we can make things much easier on us. It means that we can move around the country much easier." That's when Gabby heard her husband's lawyer John Serhant (Corporate Affairs, Hawaii Office) speak to him this afternoon. "I can only assume that this means that you and your family have changed your mind when it comes to where you're going to be living?" Matt took a breath when he heard John ask him that, well aware of the fact that he's going to have to talk to all of his staff about the changes that he's going to be making when it comes to the business; along with also offering them the chance to move (with their jobs) to Los Angeles. At least some of them. Matt can't help but wonder whether he can still keep some of the jobs in Hawaii, as they may go there at times.

"Yes, me and my wife have decided to move to California; I mean, on a full-time basis. That doesn't mean that we aren't going to be visiting Hawaii at times, or that I'm not going to be working at our Hawaii office if required." Gabby smiled as she heard her husband say that, well aware of the fact that he's going to be working in Hawaii when they visit; and that's due to the fact that, as she just said, her husband is very dedicated to his work. "I hope that everything is okay, and that you aren't moving to California because you are having problems here in Hawaii? Is it the press again?" Hearing Hannah Ryan, the attorney for ELLA Apparel say that; Matt decided to shut that down. "Oh no, that's not it at all. We just like being here more, and we're happy over the fact that we're here in California. That, and we aren't going to be table to travel for a while based on the news that we've just received; news that I'm most definitely happy about." Hannah agreed with her boss when he said that, before speaking to him: "Am I allowed to ask what that news is?"

Mr. Serhant, Hannah Ryan's boss, just proceeded to shut that down for a moment. "Hannah, please keep this appropriate; this is a business conversation, not a personal conversation." Matt snickered as he heard John say that, not really caring about that. "It's okay. It's actually the reason we're going to be staying here for a while, and I really do thank you for allowing us to meet virtually." John agreed with his client when he said that, more than happy to meet virtually with the CEO. "Of course, Mr. Casey; we can always meet virtually if you need us, or you can go to my office in California." Matt agreed with John, his lawyer for Corporate Affairs; after which, he smiled at him. "And I know that very well. But there's actually a reason we're all on here, and that's because I need your help with the fact that we're moving to California; and that's because we need to figure out how we can move our operations here, and the legal procedures that come with that. Is there stuff that we're required to do so that you can move the company here?"