A Walk on the Beach with the Boys

Hi Readers: Don't you love it when I'm on a roll? I hope that you guys have been enjoying the chapters that I have written for you so far, and are ready for some more family-oriented chapters; so, what do you say? Let's get back to some family Chapters, starting with this one; here's Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Two.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The smiles on the parents' faces could never compared with the ones that were on their sons' faces, as the smiles that they were plastered on Matteo and Noah's little faces where adorable; and that was due to the fact that they were in the presence of their parents for the first time in a while. And that was all it took for Matteo and Noah to smile, for their parents to be with them; oh, and for them to give them a bunch of attention. And considering they were going out as a family, they were going to get a bunch of attention from their mommy and daddy; not that they aren't always the center of attention, because that's exactly what they are each and every day. You could call them magnets, because that's what they are; they're magnets for their (large) extended family, and they automatically get everybody's attention. And when they say everybody's attention, they mean everybody's attention; including strangers at times, which was going to be the case. And that was because they were babies, and everybody loves babies.

So much so, that they make the City of Angels stop in their tracks; and that's something that is very hard to do, because everybody is always very busy when they're out and about (not that the boys go out with their parents all that much). But when they do, it just makes them happy; especially since it also means that they get to explore this sprawling area known as the Greater Los Angeles metropolis, which was their new home. And so far, it's the only home that they've ever know. Sure, they lived in Honolulu for a while; but they were too young to really remember the time that they spent there, as they never got a chance to make any memories there. (Especially with the media attention that forced them to leave Hawaii). But still, that didn't mean that Los Angeles was the boys' only hometown; it was just the hometown that they've visited, and lived in. And that was due to the fact that they had another hometown, one that they've never been to yet: The Magnificent City of Chicago, the Windy City. That was always going to be one of their homes.

Because it was the city where their parents met, and where they fell in love, in the most unique of places, in a firehouse. More specifically, Firehouse 51; when their daddy was a handsome firefighter (with the rank of lieutenant), and their mommy was a paramedic. But they would never know that their daddy was (previously) engaged to a woman named Dr. Hallie Thomas, when their parents met; that part of their love story (the love story that could be called a rollercoaster), was a part that they don't need to know about. But still, Matt and Gabby would have it any other way; for the simple fact that they're both each other's best friends, and the loves of each other's lives. In fact, Matt likes to call Gabby both his miracle, and his one true love. But right now, Matt and Gabby aren't lovers; rather, they are parents to their lil' boys. And that meant that they needed to put their attention on them, as they took care of them; and at the same time, they got them ready to take their walk this morning, ahead of their little boys' nap.

The nap that they were going to take as soon as they get home from the walk, which was also going to include their favorite furry friend; their daddy's service dog, Andy (who was named after one of their daddy's late best friends). And they would learn all about him in time, especially Matteo; because Matteo's middle name was Andrew, in honor of said late best friend. And they would also be told about their mommy's late best friend, Elizabeth Shay; the women whom Gabby would've love to have made one of their godmothers, but she's okay with it now. She's been okay with not having Shay in her life now for the longest time, Shay being both her nickname; as well as Gabby's late best friend's last name. A best friend that Matt and Gabby believe is watching over them, even though she isn't here with them; but now, they're going to get out of here. They're going to go on a walk, as soon as their daddy comes outside; and that was because he was in the midst of getting some water bottles of him and their mommy, which they needed.