Chapter Twenty-Three

Hello Readers: What are you guys thinking of Matt and Gabby's vacation so far? Do you think that they made the good call to just get away? And what do you think of the new toy that they bought to get away? Well, I hope you're enjoying it, because you're going to be getting more of it later. But right now, I'm going to do something while the couple sleep in for a bit; and that's check in on their sons. So, let's get started. Here we go with Chapter Twenty-Three of our story, at the Casey Family Home.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Saturday, June 1st, 2019
Like father, like son. That was the only thing that the abuelo couldn't think, as he stood in the kitchen of his daughter's home while trying to clean off his shirt; the shirt that his son-in-law's namesake just threw up on while he was feeding him this morning, and later made him spill his coffee on. And here he was smiling at him, just because he thought that he did something cute; and he sure was cute, but that didn't mean that he liked what his nieto (grandson) did to him. And nor did his nieta (granddaughter) like the sight that was in front of her, as she walked into the kitchen to make herself some breakfast; the sight of her abuelo standing shirtless at the sink, revealing his hairy back. "Oh, I think I'm going to be sick." Turning to look at his nieta as she said that, Ramon Dawson shook his head because he was not impressed. Did she really have to say that. "Eva!" Eva just looked at her grandfather when he yelled her name, clearly able to see that she made him mad. "First of all, what are you doing awake this early my dear?" Eva sighed.

"I couldn't sleep. The damn dog that lives next door was yapping at 8 am this morning, and then I got hungry." The abuelo agreed with his nieta, before going ahead with putting his shirt back on; the nieta clearly able to see that it was wet. "Why are you in here? I thought that you fed Matteo and Noah in their nursery, because you like the chairs that Tia Gabby and Tio Matt have in there." The abuelo agreed with his nieta, before smiling at her. "Unfortunately, your cousin here had other ideas; he apparently didn't like the shirt that I was wearing today." The abuelo said, doing up his shirt before making sure that his collar was well place. That's when Eva decided to help him, her abuelo clearly quite tired. "Let me guess, you're tired abuelo?" The grandfather agreed with his nieta, chuckling a bit as she asked him whether he was tired right now. "I haven't woken up this early, or that many times in the middle of the night in almost 15 years mi amor." Eva was confused when her grandfather said fifteen years, as her Tia Gabby was much older.

"Fifteen? But Tia Gabriela is..." Ramon then realized why his nieta was confused, as she didn't recall that he did help her parents at times when they were out; or when they were out trying to have his other nieto, and her brother Diego. "Eva, you do realize that I did the same for you right? When you were a baby, me and your abuela did watch you and Diego at times, which meant that we had to feed you, change you, and get spit up on by you. And now, we get to do it all over again." Eva agreed with her abuelo when he told her that, finally realizing that as she walked over to the fridge to see jut what she can make herself for breakfast. "I can only assume that you're thinking of what you can make for breakfast?" Eva sighed. "Normally my papa makes breakfast on the weekends, but he said that I'm on my own today; he had to wake up late last night to help with Noah, as he was a bit fussy." That's when the father heard his eldest child walk into the kitchen this morning. "Doesn't help that I chose the room that was right next to their room to sleep in."

Ramon couldn't help but snicker a bit, well aware of where his son slept the night prior; that being due to the fact that he caught his son falling asleep with his nephew on his chest. "I have to say, I did quite like the sight that I saw the night before; it reminded me of the early two thousands, your first Christmas as a father when Eva was just a baby." Antonio was confused when he heard his father say that, while walking over to the coffee maker so that he can grab himself a cup of coffee; he then decided to offer his father one while waiting for some more information about what exactly his father means. "How exactly did it remind you of that?" Ramon Dawson smiled. "Your first Christmas with Eva, you fell asleep on the couch with her nuzzled into your neck; Laura almost woke you up when she moved your arm so that she could feed her, and then when she put her right back on your chest once again. Yet, you didn't move, and you just kept sleeping." Antonio laughed as he heard his father tell him the story, really enjoying the memories.