No E-mails Today, Part One

Hello Readers: And welcome to another day of chapters. I hope that you guys liked the chapters that I posted yesterday and are enjoying where this story is on track to go right now. Now, I would love to get feedback from you on that point, and any suggestions that you guys may have on where I can take this story in the future; I am open to ideas, as I would love to be challenged in how to add in some of your suggestions into my current storyline. So, send me messages as you enjoy my chapters. Thanks again for reading.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He just finished the dishes this morning when he got an e-mail, an e-mail from his friend; but he didn't know why he was getting it, as to whether it was a personal or business-related matter. And that was one of the drawbacks when it came to having your friends as your employees, not being sure as to whether their daily communications with you are of a professional or personal nature. And while yes, he could use his personal e-mail for things between friends, and his business e-mail for things between his business partners; it was just easier to use a single e-mail rather than have to have two e-mails. He learned that mistake when he was still at the CFD and sent a personal message with Gabby (which she later replied to with some intimate pictures from Puerto Rico). Pictures that he still has saved both in his mind, as well as on his computer, to this day. But Gabby didn't know that, as he didn't want to embarrass her. But back to the e-mail that he just received from Natalie. He thought about ignoring it, as he was about to walk outside onto once again.

But he ended up opening it before he walked out, just to see whether it was important; as if it was something related to a big deal that the company was in the midst of making with another company, then he's positive that he could easily get Gabby to understand that he really needs to take care of it. But that's not what it ended up being. Rather, it ended up being information (and files) related to a project that Natalie wants to create for the company's PTSD Services Division. Taking a breath, he thought about replying to the e-mail so that he can let Natalie know that he's received her e-mail; and that he would take a listen to the audio files when he gets a chance, but he instead decided not to as that was what he promised Gabby to do. He promised Gabby that he wouldn't do anything work related on her birthday, and this was something that was more work-related than friendship related. And that was the deciding factor when it came to whether or not Matt was going to listen to the audio files that were attached to the e-mail he just received.

The deciding factor was that it was a work-related matter, rather than one that was related to their friendship; which is the only way that he is going to be interacting with his company executives today, as their friends. And that was why he decided to send Natalie a text message, letting her know that he received her e-mail (and that he'd listen to it at a later date), rather than sending her an e-mail. If he sent her an e-mail, that would make him feel like it's okay to work today; but that's not the case, as today is Gabby's birthday...a non-work day for him and their friends. 'Hey Natalie. I got your e-mail re: the music. Just thought I'd let you know. But I am not going too be able to get a chance to listen to them today, as I promised Gabby that today is a no work day. Feel free to come join us as we celebrate her birthday today. Thanks.' Putting his phone back into his pocket shortly after sending Natalie a text, Matt soon continue to make his way outside once more so that he can continue to spend Gabby's birthday with her and the kids; and her disapproving stare.

Looking at her husband as he came out of the house, Gabby Casey couldn't help but wonder what exactly he was just doing on his phone; especially when they already agreed that he wasn't going to be doing business today, as it was her birthday. Still, that didn't mean that she wasn't going to give her husband the benefit of the doubt; so she decided to ask him, after giving him a warning that his answer better be good. "Matthew, I am going to give you a warning. You are going to be sitting next to Severide if I get a bad answer to this question, while Stella is going to be coming to sit with me." Matt gulped as he heard Gabby say that, well aware of what this question was going to be related to. "I saw you on your phone when you came out here, and I don't want to know any details if it was work related; but if it was, then got sit down next to Kelly and tell Stella to come sit with me." Matt bit his lip. "Okay, it was a bit of both." Gabby just looked at her husband when he told her that, not exactly understanding how that could be the case.