Chapter Eight

Well, if that chapter didn't take an interesting turn. What did you guys think of that turn? Let me know what you think in the comments, can't wait to hear back from you guys. But for now, here's Chapter Eight.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She ended up falling asleep after crying in Matt's arms for a while, the husband truly believing that she's been overdoing it for a while; maybe they rushed this, and should've just spent a few days alone. I mean, he loves his niece; he truly does, but he needs to be a husband and father at times too. And right now, the job that he really needs to do is that of Gabby's husband. She needs him to hold her in his arms, and just make her feel better; and that was exactly what the husband was in the midst of doing right now. He was holding her in his arms as he made sure that she just breathed and relaxed in his arms, even though she was asleep; and just because she was asleep, that didn't mean that Matt wasn't monitoring her breathing. By doing so, it made sure that Gabby was breathing enough and just taking it easy with her husband. And let's just say that Matt was glad that she was sleeping right now, as it seemed that was what she really needed right now.

She needed time to rest, without the boys; and she just needed to have him hold her in his arms, which is what he plans on doing for as long as she needs him to. And that even includes when she's awake, which she's starting to do. Seeing her stir in his arms, Matt smiled as he rubbed Gabby's back as a way to make sure that she stays calm right now; that she just takes it easy and relaxes. That was really what she needed to do, and they both knew that, which was why he needs to take this time with Gabby, and Camila knows it. She even came up here and checked on them, and she just knew that she was going to be babysitting for a while. But that didn't mean that Matt and Gabby are going anywhere, they're just upstairs and resting with each other. That's what he needs to do with her, as she's emotionally drained right now; she just needs him to show her love and comfort right now, as they hold each other close in bed. And he'll do that for her each and every day.

Matt then decided to start running his hand up and down Gabby's leg, the father (and husband) doing that to let her know that he's right here, and that he's not going anywhere. Just leaving a soft kiss on Gabby's forehead, Matt smiled when he felt her cuddle up to him more and wrap her arms around his back even tighter. That's when the silence that's been filling up their room since he first came up here an hour or so ago was broken, by Gabby talking to him. "Have you been up here the entire time?" Matt agreed with Gabby as she asked him whether he's been up here (in bed) the entire time. "Yes, I didn't go anywhere baby. I'm here for you." Gabby took a breath as she heard Matt tell her that. "God, I'm a horrible mom. I..." Matt then stopped her. "Hey, don't even say that baby. You aren't a horrible mom, you just needed to stake some time for yourself. Time that I can already see has done wonders for you. How are you now?" Gabby took a breath and just sighed.

"Worried, scared..." Matt agreed with Gabby as she said that. "Everything that I said downstairs?" Gabby took a breath, agreeing with Matt. "Matt, I hate to think that negatively; I really do, because I want the boys to meet their abuelo. I am so sorry that I'm thinking so..." Matt shook his head when he heard Gabby say that, because he didn't want her to think that way; especially since he's thought the same way before, so he can relate. "Hey, I can relate baby. I completely get it why you're thinking that way right now, because I just went through all of this with my mom." Gabby agreed with Matt as he said that. "But I know that it's not the same." Gabby shook her head. "No, it is the same baby; I promise that I can see that it's the same, don't think that it isn't the same situation. We both didn't know where our parents were, and that scared the both of us." Matt took a breath when he heard Gabby say that, well aware that they were both scared right now.

And that was especially the case for Gabby, as he was her father. "I know, I keep saying that I wouldn't worry about this so that it doesn't affect my recovery but..." Matt shook his head. "We both knew that wasn't going to work baby. We both knew that was just a front, and that you would break it shortly after something set you off; and that's what happened today. Something set you off, and you just got overwhelmed. Baby, I know that's what happened, because I've felt this way before. You don't think that I feel the same way baby? I'm worried for him, and I truly hate what this has done to your family; to our family. I want you to know that Gabby, because I do want him to meet the boys; that's just a fact that you need to know." Putting her hand on Matt's face, Gabby got close to him before kissing him softly; after all, she knew full well that he did want her dad to meet the boys. She can just see it in his eyes, that it's exactly what he wants; and because he's said it.