Noah, Part Two

Hi Readers: I want to address the fact that there was previously another Chapter Thirty-Seven in my story. And there's a reason for that, as there was another Chapter Thirty-Seven prior to me posting this one. And there's a reason for that, which is due to the fact that I wanted to just reset this chapter; and I just didn't like the way that it went. So, I am going to re-write it. Hope you enjoy.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sunday, June 2, 2019 –Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children PICU
She didn't get any sleep the night prior, but how could she? Her son was in the hospital, being monitored after he was found unresponsive and not breathing the day before. But she most certainly wants to make something clear before anything else, she is in no way shape or form mad at her family; they did the right thing when it came to what they did yesterday, nor did they do anything wrong. In fact, Noah was breathing the entire time but was just asleep. The doctors found that he was okay, and that nothing was truly wrong with their son; however, the parents asked to be monitored overnight as they were both worried. Worried that something was going to happen overnight, and that they would just end up back here. And after explaining that Matt had PTSD (and that they previously lost a child), the doctors understood. However, Gabby may have fudged a bit and said that he died of SIDS instead of in utero. But whatever. She wanted her son to stay overnight, and she was going to do whatever she could to make that happen.

And it did happen. Noah ended up staying the night, and was monitored by his doctors the entire time; which gave the mom the time she needed to sleep, because she knows that she's not going to sleep today. Today, she's going to be all over Noah as she takes care of him. As far as she's concerned, he's her only son right now. While that does hurt her heart because she loves Matteo more than anything, she just feels like she needs to be with Noah right now; which is something that her husband more than understood, and was going to make sure that she has a change to do all day if she wants to. It's something that he's going to promise her, because that's just what husbands do for their wives; they allow them to do what they need to do for the sake of their children. And since Gabby is the best mother in the entire world, and always knows best in these situations; then Matt isn't going to question her when it comes to what she's going to do today, and is just going to be there to support her as he rests in bed with her and Noah. Yes, he'll be there too.

Sure, he could do what Gabby isn't going to do, spend time with Matteo; but he feels like that would be him neglecting the duties that he has as Gabby's husband, which is to support her. While he would just be downstairs, it just didn't sit well with him; the feeling of being so close, yet so far from his wife and young son didn't sit well with the father. And that was why he was going to be with Gabby and Noah today as well, where he believes he belongs as well. But he's also done something else for her, well asked Antonio to do something else for the both of them; and that was set up their room in a way that they could have both of their sons in there with them, sitting on their bed while they just took it easy and relaxed today. In fact, the couple weren't even going to have sex for a while. Rather, they were going to take it easy and just relax; which is exactly what Gabby needs to do right now, relax. She needs to relax, and she needs to breathe for both her sake, as well as for Noah's sake. And he needed to do the same after last night, and a horrible night.

The reason? Matt had some PTSD last night, which is something that he decided not to share with his wife; she already had enough on her mind with Noah being sick, and he didn't want to pile on. While he knows it's wrong, he doesn't feel like it's the time to tell her. He doesn't feel like she needs to know, when she already has so much on her mind right now; especially not when this weekend was supposed to be a time for her to relax, and just take it easy. They were supposed to be waking up on the Yacht again today, but they didn't; rather they woke up in the hospital, under the worst possible circumstances. Their son was in the hospital, sick and as close to death as he's ever gotten. Well, other than the time that he was in the NICU after Gabby give birth. (Funny enough, his NICU nurse was also his nurse for his stay here in the PICU). And that was on purpose. At the end of the boys' stay in the NICU, Matt made a sizeable donation to the hospital as a thanks for all they did to make sure that their sons survived the entire ordeal.