Sickness.

It has been two weeks since Austin told me he was leaving for a five month tour. We have tried to spend all the time we could together. Going shopping, watching movies, having dates almost every night and him staying over a couple of nights. It is Sunday and he leaves tomorrow, what am I going to do? I will miss him so much.

Laying my head in my hand that is resting on the counter of Sonic Boom, I start to feel nauseas again. What is going on? This is so weird; I have been feeling sick all day. Seeing a blond walk in smiling my way, I act like everything is okay and smile back. “Hey Austin, What’s up?” Pecking me on the lips he puts his arms around me and shrugs.  I turn around and he smiles, “I wanted to bring you some food but I didn’t know what you would want.” I act like I am thinking when I smell something that makes my stomach turn. Oh gosh, what is that smell? I turn and the smell comes closer as I see a pizza being sat on the counter. “I figured pizza sounded good.” I try to smile but feel sick all of a sudden and run to the bathroom in the practice room.

I lay me forehead on the toilet and realize I must have caught a stomach virus.

Austin’s Pov.

I ordered Ally and I some pizza and as soon as it came through the door her face paled. I looked at her and saw something was wrong. She turns and sees the pizza being put down. “I figured pizza sounded good.”  I smile at her before she turns and runs upstairs to the practice room.  Paying the delivery guy, I turn and run after her. I see she is in the bathroom with her head on the cool toilet. “Ally, are you okay?” She turns and smiles a sad smile. “I’m fine. I think I have the stomach virus that is going around.” I nod and go help her up. I hand her a toothbrush and mouth wash. When she is done I take her to the couch and she lies down. “Thanks Austin.” “Are you okay? Do you need anything? Are you hungry?” she shakes her head no and lies down with the promise that I will watch the store until it closes.

It has been three hours and the store is finally closed. I turn and go to walk upstairs to wake Ally. I hope she is okay. Walking over to the couch I squat down and whisper in her ear, “Ally.” She moves a little, “Ally, it’s time to get up.” Fluttering her eyes open she sits up. “What happened?” “You felt sick. So you laid down and I closed the store.” She smiled and thanked me before kissing my cheek. “You hungry.” Shaking her head no she grabs a water bottle and takes a sip. “Ally, you haven’t ate.” She nods and we get up and go to the food court. “What do you want?” Looking over at her, she looks pale again. With that realization I see her run off to the bathroom. I wait outside for her to come out and I take her hand. “Come on, we can go to your house.”

Sitting on her couch waiting for Ally to come back down, I wonder if she is going to be okay. I feel movement next to me and see Ally has returned in pajama pants and a baggy t-shirt. She turns on a movie and starts to watch it as I just stare at her. “You okay?” Looking over at me I get a nod and smile before I see the side of her face again. Sighing I return my attention to the television to see she put the movie House Bunny on. Seeing that she is feeling better, I start to feel better. Half an hour later I look over and see Ally is asleep again. I wanted to spend my last day with her. I never imagined she would be sick.  I finish the movie and feel someone grab my hand as I go to turn the DVD player off. “Stay, please.” I nod and she gets up and helps me get the bed out. I go to her room to put my sweats on and come back to see Ally wrapped up in a blanket. “Austin, I am sorry I was sick on our last day together.” I grab her hand and kiss it, “It is okay. I still got to spend time with you, even if you were asleep.” Laughing she lays her head on my chest and we curl up together. Hearing my phone go off, I reach over to get it. I see I have a new email.
 TO: Austin Moon
    From: Sarah Smith

Mr. Moon,
I am emailing you last minute because we ran into a problem. The bus was supposed to leave at 8 in the morning, however there was some complications and we have a new time. The bus will now leave at 6 in the afternoon. Jimmy will meet you at the bus.
Good night.
Sarah Smith

“Who was that?” I smile, “Ally, think you can stay home tomorrow?” laughing I hear, “Um, Austin. I have to stay home tomorrow. I am still sick and cannot go to school that way. Why?” “I leave at six at night instead of eight in the morning.” Smiling really big she kisses my cheek. “Yay, we can hang out tomorrow.” I see she is getting sleepy again and we lay down and soon I feel her breathing evenly.

Smiling I close my eyes and realize even though Ally slept all day and was sick, I would not change a thing in the world for this moment. I fall asleep knowing I am going to sleep great because the girl I love is next to me.