Austin's day.

I have been working all day. I sigh as I sit down on the sofa in the recording studio. Jimmy comes over smiling sitting next to me. “How are you feeling?” I shrug, “Tired.” He nods and looks over his phone as I lean back on the couch and close my eyes. “Austin I have great news.” I open my eyes and look at Jimmy, “What would that be?” He smiles, “I think I just got you a tour.” I look at him confused, “What?” He laughs, “I may have you a tour.” I look around shocked, “Umm... Jimmy I don’t know.” He smiles, “Finish your last song and relax. We can talk about this later. It isn’t even official yet.”

I get up and walk back into the booth and wait as we get ready to record the last song. “Are you ready?” I smile, “Lets get this done.”  We start the music and I start recording.

I walk out and receive a fist bump, “Great job.” I smile and sit down next to the producer, “How is it looking?” He smiles as he moves buttons, “Great. We should have everything together in the next week to release.” I smile and lean back in the chair as we listen through the music. I smile as we finish and look at each other. “I can’t wait for the release. My fans are going to love it.”  Jimmy comes over and places his hand on my shoulder, “Looking good Austin. I want you to do a release party will this comes out.” I smile and nod, “Sure.” He looks at his phone for minute then smiles, “Your fans are going crazy with the news that your cd is almost done.” I smile, “I have great fans. This music is more personal because it’s about me and my family. It’s not like the old songs.” Jimmy nods and smiles as he sits on the sofa, “I think it will be a hit.”

I smile and look around, “Jimmy are we done?” HE looks at the producer then nods, “Yeah go on, you have been here all day.” I smile and get up grabbing my leather jacket and walking out of the building.

I reach my car and start it as I relax in my seat. I reach in my pocket and take my phone out and see Ally called three times and left two voice mails. I sigh and look through and also see a text from my mom and Dez. I set the phone in the cup holder and pull out heading home.

I pass a Taco Bell and pull in. I look over the menu and order three tacos and a steak quesadilla and a medium coke.  I pay the guy at the window and get my food smiling. I get a taco and unwrap half of it eating it while I drive. I pull to a red light and unwrap another one and start eating it. I pull up to another light and unwrap my quesadilla starting to eat that.  I am a block from my house and I sigh content as I unwrap my last taco and start eating it.

I pull into the driveway and see all the light off in the house. I look at the time on my phone and see it is ten. Oh crap, Ally is going to be mad. I grab my bag of trash and drink and get out of the car and walk up to the front door. I search for the right key and unlock the door then I lock it back after I close it.

I walk into the kitchen and throw my trash away. I am heading upstairs when I see something on the table. I turn on the light and see a bag, a box and an envelope. I walk closer and smile. What is this? I sit down in the chair and open the box and see spaghetti and meatballs. Awe she went and got dinner.

I smile and decide I could eat some more and grab the box walking into the kitchen and heating it up. I grab a fork and walk back to the table and sit down eating. After eating about half I get up and put it in the fridge.

Walking back to the table I stand up and look at the bag, then the envelope with my name on it. Which should I open first? I decide to open the envelope. Sitting down I grab the envelope and open it slightly. Sighing I take out a small envelope and a piece of paper. I look at the two and open the paper.

Austin,
Well, if you haven’t found out yet then today we had a doctor’s appointment.

I stop reading, “Oh no.” I put my head down and sigh as I look back at the envelope and finish reading.

Today was not any appointment; it was the day we found out the sex of the baby. I tried to call you and you didn’t answer. I was fine with that because I know you are busy but it hurts that you never showed up. I didn’t know what to do. I had to take Aubrey with me and then I ran into Alex. Yeah he wasn’t happy that I was carrying Aubrey around but what was I to do. Thank god, Alex helped me with her. He played with her while I waited and he even came back with me to help with Aubrey while I found out. I told my dad what we are having and he is so happy. Me and Trish made up and she is excited about the new baby. I also found out I have to give up carrying Aubrey around within the month. Austin, I am going to need help. I know you are busy and I respect that but I need just a little bit of help. I just need you to help carry Aubrey. I can do everything else.

Austin, I love you so much. We are getting married and having another child together but I need to know… Austin are you here for us?  I know you love us and want to protect us. I know you have changed so much and for the good. You have became the father and boyfriend any girl would want. You have even stepped up and been there for us. Austin, I felt hurt today. I felt like before when I had to walk in and have no one there for me. I felt guilty and ashamed. Before it was my fault because I never told you about Aubrey but you know about the new baby. Austin, I don’t want to feel like that again. It hurt knowing you cared more about work then knowing what you are having. It hurt that I was alone for this.

I love you so much Austin. I really do. I just felt so bad. Aubrey was so happy when she saw the baby. The look on her face was indescribable I wish you were there to see it, to see her.

The smaller envelope is the picture of the baby.
Oh, look in the bag and you will find out what you are having.
~Ally.

I wipe the tear that feel from my eye and put the letter aside.  I open the smaller envelope and see the picture of my baby. I smile and wipe another tear. “I am so sorry I wasn’t there.” I put the picture down and put my head in my hands.

I sigh and stand up and look in the bag. I take the tissue paper out and look at what I am seeing. I pull out the blue bear. I smile and pull out the blue booties and the blue zebra hat. I smile as I pull out the onesie and see it says My dad rocks.  I smile and put it all down and smile as I look at the little outfit and bear. I look over at the picture and smile.

Then it hits me, wait, blue. Blue means boy. I fall into the chair shocked, “I’m having a son.”