stress

I wake up later to a pain. I sit up in bed and feel the pain again. Breathing I place my hand on my stomach hoping it is a kick. I feel no kick but I am in a lot of pain. I breathe and decide I need to get Alex. I go to yell for him but the pain hits and takes my breath away. Grabbing my phone I hit his name and send the text. 911.

I sit up in the bed with my hand on my stomach trying to breathe through the pain. My door burst open and I see Alex standing there worried. “What’s wrong?” I let out a little scream in pain and he rushes over. “Ally, what is wrong?” I shake my head and breathe. “I don’t know.” He looks around and then stands up. “Should I call your doctor or take you to the hospital?” I shrug. “I don’t know.” He leans down near me again, “Are you in labor?” I shake my head, “This is nothing like how Aubrey was.”  He stands up and grabs my phone calling Doctor Harper’s emergency number. “It’s about Ally Dawson.” He sighs, “She was taking a nap and texted me to come into her room and she was breathing hard. She is in pain. She says it is nothing like her labor with Aubrey.” He paces, “Okay, Yeah. Hold on.” He looks at me, “Is the baby moving?” I place my hand a little harder on my stomach hoping to feel anything.  sighing I shrug, “I cant feel anything.”  nodding he starts pacing again.

“She says she cant feel anything.” He stops, “Okay. Be there in ten.” He hangs up and puts my phone in his pocket. “Ally, I am taking you to the hospital.” I look at him scared. I go to get up and feel the pain again and stop. Throwing my bag over his shoulder he comes over and scoops me up in his arms bridal style and turns my light off taking me downstairs. He stops for a second and looks into the living room. “Aubrey.” Aubrey comes walking around the couch holding my Ipad smiling. “Yes?” He smiles a little, “We have to take your mommy somewhere. I need you to come with us.” She looks at the ipad and back at him. “Grab the charger and case and come on.” She walks back in the living room and grabs everything. “Follow behind me Aubrey.” We walk out to the car and I am trying to breathe.

Alex opens the door and sets me in the front seat and goes around to back and puts Aubrey in the car and places my bag next to her. He gets in the car and starts it. “Should I call you dad to watch her?” I shake my head, “Just go.”   I hear something going off put I ignore it.

He pulls into the emergency entrance and runs around to my side and gets me out holding me bridal style when a nurse sees him and runs up, “What’s wrong?” “She is seven months pregnant and the baby is in position to come but she says she can’t feel the baby at all and her doctor told me to bring her here and she will meet us.” The nurse yells behind her and then a wheel chair comes out with a few doctors and Alex places me in it and runs back to the car, “I will be right back.”

The nurse is talking really quick and I can’t understand what she is saying. “Honey, relax. Try to breathe.” They wheel me to the desk and she grabs some stuff and places it in my lap and I see Alex and Aubrey running my way.  “Ally, is everything okay?” I shrug, “Sir, I need you to wait…” “Hell no, I know how this works my mom is a nurse and I will not wait outside.” She looks behind her then nods and Alex and Aubrey follow me to a room.

They place me on the bed and the nurse grabs the machine to do an ultra sound and another nurse is listening to my heartbeat and checking my blood pressure.  “Everything is fine here.” The other nurse nods and starts the machine up. The doctor comes in and starts using the wand to find the baby. “Nurse, turn on the heart beat.”  The nurse hits the switch and I hear my baby’s heartbeat. I close my eyes and relax. I hear the wand slam down and open my eyes turning to the doctor. “Is everything okay?”

Ignoring me the doctor starts talking to the nurse in voices that I can’t hear. He turns to Alex and Aubrey, “How about you call someone to come get her?” Alex looks at me then nods before walking out quickly and I hear him in the hall. “Mr. Dawson, I need you to come to the hospital to get Aubrey. No its Ally. I don’t know. Please hurry.” He walks back in and sits down in a chair, “Her dad is on his way.”

The doctor nods and looks to the nurse, “I need to go call OR, get some blood work.” He looks at me and walks away. I look to the nurse, “OR?” She smiles, “Everything is going to be okay.” I look at Alex and back to the nurse.

I hear something going off again and ignore it trying to get answers. “Hello?” “Okay, I will be right out.” Alex looks at me and smiles a little, “I am going to go get your dad, he wants to see you before he takes Aubrey.”  I nod and close my eyes.

I hear the door open and see my dad, “Ally, is everything okay?” I shrug and he sighs before kissing me and looking at the nurse.  The door opens again and I see Doctor Harper. “Ally, has anyone talked to you?” I shake my head and she looks at the nurse, “Where the fuck is the doctor in charge? And why has no one told the patient anything?” The nurse mumbles and Doctor Harper turns to her pissed, “Get the doctor now.”

I look at my dad and he grabs my hand. I hear that noise again and look around scared. “What is going on?” The doctor comes in and looks at Doctor Harper. “You have no right..” “I have every right.” I look around scared. “Daddy.” I look at the doctor ignoring Aubrey. “What is going on?”  Doctor Harper pushes him forward and he sighs, “Ally, we have to do a cesarean. The baby is stressed and the heartbeat is irregular.”  Doctor Harper grabs the wand on the machine and starts looking for the baby. I look at my dad scared.  “It will be okay sweetie.”

My dad reaches over and grabs Aubrey and brings her over to kiss me when she drops the ipad in my lap and I see Austin, “Ally, what is going on? Why are you in the hospital? Did I hear something about the baby being stressed?” I look down and nod, “I have to have a caesarean.” He shakes his head and looks around the ipad.  I hear a gasp. I look over to Doctor Harper as she turns to the doctor and shouts, “Get her up to the OR now. The baby needs to be out now.”

I look around and see Austin staring at me, “What’s happening?” I shrug. The doctor looks at her, “What’s wrong? We are trying to calm the baby down first.” Doctor Harper stands and shakes her head, “The baby needs to be out now. The cord is wrapped around his neck.”