Happy family.

It has been two weeks since Austin fainted and I was told that my baby might be in a medically induced coma for a month. I am losing it. I know Austin is trying to be there for me but I am seriously losing it. My baby is hurt and there is nothing I can to about it. This goes against everything a mother knows. How can people deal with this?

“Austin, Lets go.” I see him round the corner still on his crutches. I have to take him to the doctor tomorrow to see how everything is. Hopefully he can lose the leg cast soon. “Baby chill. Aubrey is in good hands. You know that visiting hours don’t start for another hour.” I know he means well but this not a good time to start with me. “Austin, Either get your ass in the car now or I will leave you here. I am leaving to see my daughter and you can come or stay. I really don’t care at this point.” Grabbing my keys I head to my car and start it just to see Austin hobble out of the doorway and heading to the car.

We pull into the spot I normally always get and head into the hospital I see a couple nurses I recognize and we exchange hellos. I go straight to Aubrey’s room and walk in to see the doctor walking in. “Ally, Hello.” I smile, “Hello.” He looks behind me, “Austin didn’t come.” I look behind me and don’t see him and laugh, “He must still be behind me. He is slow on those crutches.” The doctor laughs with me and then he smiles. “She is doing great. The bleeding is officially gone. There is no chance for it to start again. The swelling is also gone.” I look up at him, “Really?” he nods with a smile. I run and hug him while he laughs.

Pulling back I know I am blushing. “I’m sorry. Just I got so excited and…” he laughs, “Don’t worry about it. I like hugging better than crying and screaming.” I nod and smile, “So are you gonna wake her up soon? Am I gonna be able to take her home?  Will there be any damage? Oh my baby.” I smile and he laughs, “Ally, I would like to run just a couple more test and then we will see about waking her up. As for the damage we wont know until we actually wake her up and she gets a little older. As for the x- rays and the MRI scans everything looks like it will be okay.” I smile and hug him again. “What is going on?”

Turning I see Austin and smile and run and almost knock him over from the hug. “Whoa, baby. What’s going on?” I smile and look at him while the doctor explains everything he just told me. Austin looks at me and smiles wrapping his good arm around me. “That is great baby.” I nod and the doctor leaves and we head into the room so happy.

I have been singing to Aubrey and Austin has been laughing and tickling me. He is in such a good mood and I haven’t snapped at him since this morning. This is turning into a great day.  The nurse came in and checked everything out and starting whistling the song I was singing. We ended up laughing. “You guys are a great little family.” I smile. “People may think it is wrong to have kids young but when I see you guys with your daughter It couldn’t be more right. You are better parents than most adult parents I see in here.” I smile, “Thank you.” She comes closer and hugs me, “Stay this way. You are a happy, cute little family.” With that she walks out and I start laughing.

Turning to look at Austin and I see him smile. “What?” He pulls me on his good leg and nuzzles his face in my neck. “She’s right we are good parents.” I laugh again but he turns a little and I can see him. “We are a happy family and we are all so cute together.” I smile, “yeah we are.” He smiles, “We should add to our little family.” I laugh again and cant stop.  “Really? What’s so funny?” I hold my side and turn so my legs are between his, “Austin,  Are you serious?” he smiles and nods. “Austin, I don’t think we are ready for another baby. Aubrey isn’t even one yet. I don’t think I am ready for another baby. I want more kids but I think it is too soon.”He looks at Aubrey and me, “You do want more kids though right?” I smile and kiss his lips, “Baby, yes. I want more kids but let’s enjoy Aubrey for now. We have our whole life to have more kids.” He smiles and pulls me closer, “Yes we do.” He captures my lips and we share a sweet innocent kiss.

We turn and see the doctor walking in looking at his papers. “hey you guys.” We smile and look innocent. “Hello.” He puts his papers down and smiles, “I have good news.” We look up and smile. “What is it?” Austin pulls me to him and I nod and smile. The doctor looks at us and then smiles, “We are gonna wake Aubrey up today.” I jump up, “are you serious?” he nods and smiles, “She can go home tonight if everything is good when she wakes up.” I squeal and hug the doctor then hug Austin. “This is awesome.” Austin and the doctor is laughing at me. “Well, if you guys want to leave for just a second me and the nurse will give her the medicine to bring her out and I will come get you so you are here to see her wake up.” We nod and head out the door.

After a couple minutes the doctor comes out and smiles, “She is starting to wake up.” We rush in and I grab her hand and Austin leans on me and holds my waist. Aubrey opens her eyes and looks around scared. I smile down at her, “Hey, baby girl.” She turns a little and sees me and smiles. I feel Austin shift a little so she can see him better. She sees us both and smiles big. The fear in her eyes is gone and all I can see is happiness. The doctor checks her out and she doesn’t freak out or scream.

The doctor looks at his papers and smiles, “Guys, you can take her home tonight. I want to keep her for a couple more hours to make sure nothing happens. But she seems as good as new and I think the holding-breath seizure happened and it caused the trauma. I think she got upset and didn’t know what happened and had a seizure resulting in the trauma causing the swelling and bleeding. I think she is going be as good as before maybe better now.” We smile as he looks at Aubrey and smiles, “Welcome back Aubrey.” He smiles at us and leaves.

Turning back to Aubrey I smile and rub her cheek making her giggle like a baby does. Austin smiles at her and she smiles back at us and I can see that we really are a happy family. Aubrey is back with us and safe. Austin is safe and okay. I have my family and we are all safe. We are a cute little family and I love my family more than anything.