Girlfriend.

I wake up later on and walk downstairs and see Alex asleep on the couch. I laugh at his big body hanging off the couch and walk into the kitchen. I start to make French toast and sing and dance around the kitchen to my ipod.

You’re a rich girl and  you’ve gone too far
Cause you know it don’t matter anyway
You can rely on the old man’s money
You can rely on the old man honey
It’s a bitch girl but it’s gone too far
cause you know it don’t matter anyway
Say money money wont get you to far get you to far

I switch songs and start to sing and dance as I get the eggs ready

It feels like a perfect night to dress like hipsters and make fun of our exes
it feels like a perfect night for breakfast at midnight to fall in love with strangers
yeah Were happy free confused and lonely at the same time
Its miserable and magical
tonights the night we forget about the deadlines its time
I don’t know about you but im feeling 22
everything will be alright if you keep me next to you.

Putting the food on the table I laugh as the switch songs again,

When I don’t care
I can play ‘em like a Ken doll
Won’t wash my hair
Then make 'em bounce like a basketball
But you make me wanna act like a girl
Paint my nails and wear high heels
Yes, you make me so nervous
That I just can’t hold your hand
You make me glow,
But I cover up
Won’t let it show,
So I’m...
Puttin’ my defenses up
'Cause I don’t wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I’d have a heart attack

I go back to the stove and put the pans in the sink when I change songs again and start to sway my hips

I met this girl down the block from me
Used to tell myself she was too hot for me
But then I saw her at the corner store
So I ran on over just to grab the door

I got her number, we started chilling
We started buzzing and got addicted
Now I, I'm the one she can't live without
I bet that's her right now

Shorty hitting me up, says she wanna re-up
Knows I got the best in town
'Cause when she get the shivers, she knows that I'll deliver
I'm the one that holds her down

She's about to break, break, break, break, break
And I won't let her wait, wait, wait, wait, wait
It's getting kinda late, late, late, late, late
And she just wanna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

I feel arms go around me and I jump a little but laugh as Alex spins me around dancing with me. He dips me and brings me back up and takes me to the table, “I smelt food and came in to find you dancing.”  I laugh and start to eat. I look up and see Alex watching me, “What?” He laughs and shakes his head, “I just never really saw you dance. You really aren’t that bad.” I laugh and finsih my food taking my plate to the sink.

Turning back around I laugh, “Well thanks but I’m a horrible dancer. Austin has been teaching me moves.” He shakes his head and puts his plate in the sink, “You are not bad. You actually dance good.” I smile and he grabs my hand and brings me to the couch. “So can we talk?” I nod and he looks at me.

“Ally, I’m confused. I know Austin told us to try this but should we really do this?” I look down and nod, “Yeah, I think we should. I mean we need to figure this thing out.” He laughs and looks down, “One more thing?” I grab his hand and look at his eyes, “Yeah?” He smiles and shakes his head, “Well, if were gonna try this then… Will you be my girlfriend?”

Wow, umm… What should I say? I want to try this but girlfriend. Does this really mean that we are gonna try this for real? I thought we would just try it without dating. I look at Alex and see his nervousness. I look to the door and nod, “Yes, I will be your girlfriend. We are gonna actually try this. We said we would before but we never gave it a chance. ME and you are gonna give us a chance no holding back.”

I look up and see Alex is shocked. “Well, umm okay then.” Laughing he leans against the couch. I hear the door open. “Ally?” I laugh and see my dad round the corner with Aubrey. “Momma!” He puts her down and she runs over to me and wraps her arms around my legs and I pick her up and kiss her. “hello baby girl. How have you been? I missed you.” She giggles and looks over and sees Alex. She gets a concentrated look then looks at me and smiles, “Aweck” I smile at her attempt and she puts her arms out to him. He looks at me then grabs her and kisses her cheek. “Well, hello to you too little one. You are getting so big.”

Smiling at them I get up and walk over to my dad who looks confused. “Where’s Austin?” I look down and he brings me to the kitchen, “ Well, I messed up dad. I kissed Alex and he left and told me to figure out my feelings. SO I am. Alex just asked me to be his girlfriend and well we will see.” Running his hands through his hair he sighs and sits down, “Ally, seriously. Between him and you Aubrey is gonna be so confused. This is not fair to her. Some days her dad lives with her and others she has to visit or stay with him. What kind of life is that for her? Ally, she is picking up on things. You can’t do what you did when she was a baby. She is learning things, she is gonna pick up that you two are fighting. Oh my god, you two better be nice to each other in front of her. I swear.”

“Dad, quit. This is my life and I understand that Aubrey is gonna be confused. But it is better to figure all this out now then wait until she is older and do it. Austin is  the one who told me to do this. Don’t sit there and judge me. Let me live my life and make my mistakes. I know I am doing something that is not up to your standards. But dad, I love you and I just want to know what is going on here. I don’t want drama and tension that is why I am doing this now. I thought about Aubrey. I love her and yes I may have been embarrassed before but I’m not anymore. She is my daughter and I love her and think about her best interest.” My dad looks shocked but nods and kisses my head before he leaves.

Walking back into the living room I see Alex playing princesses with Aubrey. “So, this dress with this doll or this one?” I laugh and he looks up and smiles at me. I look at Aubrey and see her eyes drifting. “Are you tired Aubrey?” She looks up and smiles, “Wittle.” I nod and put in one of her princess movies and she curls up on her little make shift bed on the floor and I motion for Alex to get on the couch.

After he gets on the couch he looks at Aubrey and he sees her falling asleep and laughs. “Wow, that was quick.” I nod, “Yeah, when she gets drifty like that she falls asleep quickly. She will be up in about half an hour.” He nods and pulls my legs up on the couch and over to his lap. He starts to rub my feet. I giggle and he keeps doing it while I find something to watch. Putting on Family Guy he rubs my feet. I turn to him and smile while he smiles at me, “So You’re my boyfriend?” He laughs and nods, “Yep, and you’re my girlfriend.”  I lean back on the couch and let him rub my feet.