Meeting with Jimmy.

I wake up to my phone going off and Ally’s head on my chest. I reach over to the night stand and grab my phone sliding the answer button. “Hello?” “Austin,  I need you to come in.” I sigh and look at Ally, “Jimmy, I graduate today, what could be so important?” He sighs loudly, “Austin, just come in.” I hear the click that means he hung up. I put my phone back down and close my eyes, getting a little bit more sleep.

I wake up a little while later and Ally is not there. I smell something from downstairs and realize that she must have woken up hungry. I smile and remember I have to go to the studio today. I sigh and get up and head to the bathroom for a shower.

I get out and brush my teeth. With the towel wrapped around my waist I walk into my closet and find a pair of nice jeans without holes or anything. I find a yellow dress shirt and put it on. I look at my shoes and realize I am suppose to wear dress shoes but its not me. I put my black high tops on instead. I walk back into the bathroom and brush my hair and put some moose into it.

I grab my phone and walk downstairs to see Ally on the couch with a bowl on her belly and laying on the couch. I laugh and she turns her head some and smiles. “Hey.” I smile and walk over to her, “Hi baby. Sleep well?” She nods and smiles, “Great.” She looks me up and down and then looks confused, “What are you doing dressed already?”I sigh, “I have to go into the studio for some reason.” She shrugs, “Okay, just please don’t be late.” I smile and lean down kissing her, “I will meet you at school.” She smiles and nods.

I walk out to the car and start it up and try to figure out what jimmy would want. I shrug and back out of the driveway and start driving to the studio. I hit traffic and slam my hand against the wheel and cuss. This is not what I need today.

I finally get to the studio and park. I walk into the building and walk to Jimmy’s office. The secretary out front smiles at me, “Ah, Mr. Moon, Mr. Starr has been waiting for you.” I nod and walk past her into the door.

I close the door and see Jimmy behind his desk and someone else sitting in a chair in front of his desk. “Austin, great you are here.” I look around confused. Jimmy stands up and smiles, “Have a seat.” I sit next to the weird guy and wait for some explanation.  “Austin this is Mr. Green.” I look at him and smile, “Hi.” I look back at Jimmy as he sits down.

“Okay, Austin this is what is going on. “ I sit there and again wait for someone to explain. “Please just tell me. I have to graduate in like three hours.” Jimmy nods and looks to Mr. Green. “Austin, Your single we let out is doing great. “ I smile, “That is great.” He smiles and nods, “ Yes it is, Actually it is doing so well, I want a CD Release party again.” I shrug, “Sounds good.” He smiles, “Great, I want you and Ally there. “ I look at him and he smiles bigger, “Of course little Aubrey too if you want. You will sing some songs, dance some. You will sign some CD’s before the party and just have some fun. I also want to do a sort of interview with your fans before the party.” I smile and nods, “This all sounds great Jimmy. I would love to do this.” Jimmy claps his hands together and smiles, “Great this is where Mr. Green comes in.”

I turn to Mr. Green and see him stand up. “Please call me Carl. Anyway, I have started to plan everything.” He brings out these boards and starts to show me where we are having these things and what it is going to be like. He has even planned the food and music for the party. It all seems great, however I know Jimmy and I know there is something he is not telling me.

After Carl finishes and sits down I look back to Jimmy and smile, “great everything seems awesome. Can’t wait for it.” Jimmy looks at me and then with that one look, I know here it comes, the bad part. “Carl, you can leave now. Thank you.” Carl gets up and walks out. Jimmy looks at me and I see that look a father gives when they need to talk.

“Austin, I need to talk to you.” I lean back in the chair and motion him to continue.  “Austin, what are your plans after you graduate today?” I shrug, “Well, I am hoping to go to college with Ally, but even if we don’t get in the same school I am still going to college. I love music and my career but you never know how long this can last, so I want a backup plan.” Jimmy actually smiles, “That’s great thinking Austin. Really good.”  I nod and he leans back in his chair, “Only I have a issue that keeps coming up in my mind when I think about you going to college?” I look at him and he looks down, “I don’t want to lose you. Austin, you are so good and an amazing performer. I don’t want to see you go and I have had performers leave me when their contract is up because of college.”

I sit there and watch him for a minute and laugh, “Jimmy, I love what I do. I want to do this for as long as I can. I am not going anywhere.” He smiles a little and claps his hand together. “Great.”  He stands up and walks over to the door and says something to his secretary and then comes back in and sits back in his chair. “Austin, I have to let you go soon, but I need to discuss, well tell you one more thing first.” I nod and sit back, “If it is anything like before then I can’t wait.” He smiles, “I was hoping you would say that.”

He looks at me and then smiles, “You are going on tour.” I feel my eyes go wide and I look at him like he is crazy, “What? No, I can’t. I have Aubrey and Ally. Ally is five months pregnant. How long? Can anyone come?” He looks at me and sighs big, “Three months and No. Austin, I am not asking, I am telling. You are going on tour in a few weeks and will be gone for three months.”