Day alone.

I found out soon how wrong I was. Aubrey was being a full swing baby. I woke up to cries at 1 and ran over to her room to find her wet and hungry. Taking care of the diaper I sit in the chair in the corner and start to feed her.  When she is done I burp her and am rocking her to sleep. I see a shadow and look up to see Austin in the doorway rubbing his eyes. “Why are you in here?” I just shake my head, “She woke up.” He looks down and walks in, “Is everything taken care of?” I nod and get up to put her in bed and fall back asleep.

I felt like I was just falling asleep when Austin’s alarm goes off. He doesn’t move and I get mad. I slap his good arm, “Austin get up.” He murmurs and rolls back over. I sit up mad, “Austin, get up now. If you wake Aubrey up I swear to god…” “Ally chill, I am up okay.” He gets up and angrily walks to the bathroom while I crawl back under the covers and get comfy. I was falling back asleep when I hear cries again. Sighing I throw on my robe and rush to Aubrey’s room to pick her up. “Baby girl, what is wrong?” I rock her while checking her. I see she needs her diaper changed and start on that. I am throwing the old diaper away with her in my arm when I hear Austin cussing in our bedroom. I make my way to our room but turn and head down the stairs. “How is mommy’s baby girl? Goo goo gah gah.” I laugh at myself while I walk around with Aubrey in the crook of my arm.. I hear a whistle and turn around to see Austin in the doorway. “Barefoot and with a baby on your hip. Isn’t that a song or something?” I turn around and grab the cereal box and sit it on the table before walking back to the fridge. “Come here baby. Let daddy see you.” I smile and walk over so he can grab Aubrey. He is tickling her tummy and all my anger from him has disappeared. I know I just need some good sleep. I am tired and between him and Aubrey I didn’t get any sleep last night.  I go and sit down on the couch sighing.

Austin walks in later and hands me Aubrey before bending and kissing my lips. “I have to go. You will be okay right?” I nod and he smiles giving Aubrey a kiss on the cheek before leaving. “It’s just me and you baby girl.” I watch tv while holding her and then she starts to scream. I look down and check her but she is fine. I figure she is hungry and pull out my breast so she can eat. When she stops I burp her and start to play with her for a little bit.

I put her down in her crib when she fell asleep again and am cleaning the house. After an hour I hear cries again. “Really?” I get upstairs and turn the light on, “Baby girl, you are killing mommy today.” I change her diaper and rock her back to sleep. I finish cleaning and am sitting down when she cries again. “Baby’s are normally not this hard.” I remember babysitting and it was never like this. I walk in and find her just staring at the ceiling. “Are you ready to get up?” I walk downstairs with her and start to watch and episode of Law And Order SVU. I hear a knock at the door and open it up to see Alex. “Hey Alex, What are you doing here?” he looks down and back up at me, “Um how about I come in and you go change. I look down and see I am still in my robe.  “Will you take Aubrey for a second?” he nods and I rush upstairs to throw on a pair of sweats and a tank top. I rush back down after brushing my teeth and pulling my hair into a bun. I see Alex on the couch laughing. “Thank you so much Alex.” He looks up, “No problem. At least you were dressed this time.” We both laugh and Aubrey gurgles.  “So why are you here again?” he smiles and turns toward me, “Oh, I was going out for lunch but I decided to come check on you when I seen Austin was at school. So, how have you been?” “I have been okay. She is amazing and I love her but I haven’t got any sleep and she is running me like crazy.” He laughs, How about I run to the restaurant on the corner and bring back food and when I get back you can get a shower. I moan in content, “That sounds amazing. You don’t mind.” He shakes his head kissing my cheek. “Be back in a minute.”