Last Day.

It is the last day for the seniors. I am so happy but so nervous because that means I graduate in no time. I wait nervously for Austin in the kitchen.  I sit my tea and wait. Man, I really want a coffee. “You ready baby.” I turn and smile, “Yep.” He comes over and helps me up and I put my cup in the sink and grab my purse and walk out the door with him.

Austin pulls into the parking lot of the school and I stare at it, “I am kind of going to miss this place.” He laughs and leans over kissing my cheek, “You know you wont.” He gets out and comes over helping me get out. He grabs my hand and we walk towards the school.

I walk to my locker and opening it seeing I have on book left to return to a teacher and one folder and some pictures. I smile at the pictures. One is of me and Trish and she has a weird hat on from one of her jobs. I see a picture of Dez from glee club practice. I see Austin with his arms around me and his chin on my shoulder.  I have a picture that Trish took when Alex spun me around one day and we are both smiling like crazy. I have the picture of Trish, Dez, Austin and I from glee club with our arms around each other smiling.  Lastly I have a picture of Austin, Alex and I with their arms hung over my shoulders and us all smiling. I look at the pictures again and smile before closing the locker.

Austin looks over at me and smiles, “Come here.” I walk over and see a picture of Aubrey and me from the hospital. I see the first ultra sound of our son.  I see a picture of Austin, Aubrey and I where Austin and I are kissing one of her cheeks. I see a picture of Dez and Austin doing their handshake. I see Austin and me from the Eiffel Tower where we kissed. I see the same picture of us all from glee and the same picture of me, Austin and Alex.

I feel a tear come and look away. Austin wraps an arm around me, “You mean so much to me baby and I promise after these pictures come down today, I will put more up somewhere so I can always see you,  Aubrey and our son. “ I smile and lean up kissing him. “I love you so much.” Austin lets me go to close his locker and I feel arms go around me and by now I know those arms. “Hey Alex.” He laughs and looks at Austin, “Hey man, think I should end this how I started?” Austin looks at me then smiles, “Be careful.”

I get lifted up and spun around and I laugh as Alex puts me down and turns me and hugs me. “Hey Ally. I am really going to miss you.” I feel another tear, “Alex, I am going to miss you too. You have done so much for me that I can never thank you enough for.” He leans down and kisses my cheek and Austin puts his hand out and they do their handshake, “She is right man, You have done so much that I can never repay you for.” Alex shakes his head, “No need.” He wraps his arms around us and pulls us into a hug. My tears start to fall as we pull away.

I see Trish running and I smile a little. “ALLY.” I smile and hold my arms out as she hugs me. I feel her tears on me. “What am I ever going to do without you?” I pull back and shake my head, “Trish you are  like my sister. “ I wipe my tears and Trish looks at me and smiles through her tears. Dez pops up next to Austin, “Austin, what are we going to do? We cant separate.” Austin smiles a little, “We have today and like a week. Then who knows, we may all go to the same school.” We all nod and head off to the auditorium where we have a lecture.

I sit between Austin and Alex and Trish next to Alex and Dez next to Austin. The principle comes up and talks about what we have to do and how we need it done by the end of today. I zone him out and lean back taking a little nap.

AUSTIN’S POV…

I look over and see Ally asleep and I smile and look around and see everyone is bored and not paying attention which makes me laugh a little.  I lean back and wait for this stupid thing to be over. He is going on about what we need to do and about graduation. To be honest I feel like Ally and I am going to miss all of this.

We are finally dismissed and I pull my phone out and see it is already noon.  I shake Ally’s arm a little and she opens her eyes and stares at me then smiles. “I slept through the whole thing, didn’t I?” I smile and nod, “But it is lunch time.” She smiles and sits up and gets up and looks around. We all walk out and head to the lunch room.

We sit at our usual table and our usual spots; Ally between me and Alex, Trish across from Ally and Dez across from me. We are laughing and talking about memories. “Remember when Austin freaked out when Ally had to go to the doctor.” We all nod and laugh a little. I turn to Alex and smile, “Thanks again man.” He laughs and shakes his head. “Remember when we I chased you from the cafeteria because you were leaving.” Ally nods and laughs and I look confused, “I don’t remember that.” Alex shakes his head, “You were on tour and Ally was going to the doctor.” I nod but am upset and done with all this.

I eat my food and sit wondering what all I really did miss.

We are in the last class and the teacher smiles, “Okay seniors, You have ten minutes and I was told to let you use those to clean out your lockers and return anything you haven’t.” We all look at her and she smiles, “I liked having all of you as my students. You were wonderful and you are always welcome back. Good luck with everything and have a great future.” We all stand up and leave.

I walk to my locker and see Ally already there and grabbing a book. “Hey Austin, I have to return this, I will be right back.” I nod and she takes off as fast as she can.  I see Alex walk away too and sigh.

I open my locker and start taking my pictures down, I have a folder and I put the pictures in it and put it under my arm and lean back against my now closed locker.

I see Ally come down the hallway and smile at me as she walks to her locker. She opens it and starts taking the pictures down and putting them in a folder too. She closes her locker and sighs before turning and smiling, “Lets go.” I nod and grab her hand as we meet up with Alex, Trish and Dez and we all walk out of the school together.

We walk to the parking lot and stop. I turn and see Dez’s car and smile sadly. I see Trish’s car near his and smile sad at her too. I see Alex parked near where we stopped. I parked in the middle. “Group hug.” We all hug each other and pull away smiling grimly.  

Ally wipes a tear and looks around. Trish is crying again and Dez is fanning his eyes. Alex is looking around. I sigh and look around too. We all look at each other. Ally wipes a tear and smiles a little, “This is the last day but we will still see each other.” We all nod and Ally lets a little sob out, “I don’t want this to end.” We all mumble yeah’s and yes. Ally lets another sob out and we all hug each other again, “I love you guys so much.”

I pull Ally with me to the car and help her in. I turn and see Dez and Trish at their cars. I see Alex opening his door. We all look at the cars and get in.

I start the car and turn to Ally, “Baby we still have this summer.” She nods, “I know but its not the same.” I sigh, “We still have graduation.” She nods and I back out and pull onto the road as she follows the school and mumbles a, “Goodbye.”