Moving out.

I wake up and feel someone lying next to me and everything from yesterday came back into my head. Austin cheated on me; I went to Alex’s house and ended up falling asleep in his bed. I ended up having to go to the hospital and everything that happened with my baby girl and not wanting Austin to leave me and us falling asleep together in bed. I instantly put my hand on my belly and feel a slight kick. I smile and look over at Austin and see that he is smiling and has his hand on the side of my belly. I don’t want to make him leave but I can’t let him get away with cheating on me. What am I going to do?  I move away slowly and am I able to get out of bed. I look down at Austin’s stupid grin and walk out of the room and downstairs. My belly is growling and I want pancakes. Grabbing the stuff I mix together chocolate chips with the pancake mix. Grabbing my ipod I put my ear buds in and start to sing to the music in my ears while cooking and moving around the kitchen swaying to the beat.

Yet since we found out
Since we found out
That anything could happen
Anything could happen
Anything could

After the war we said we'd fight together
I guess we thought that's just what humans do
Letting darkness grow
As if we need its palette and we need its colour
But now I've seen it through
And now I know the truth

That anything could happen
Anything could happen
Anything could

Baby, I'll give you everything you need
I'll give you everything you need, oh
But I don't think I need you”

Not being able to take the song anymore I change it after a couple second of beats I hear the music,

“I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
I threw your sh*t into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.

I don't care, I love it. I don't care.”

Again I changed the song and listened and started to dance and sing again,

“Everybody get up, WOO!
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

If you can't hear what I'm trying to say
If you can't read from the same page
Maybe I'm going deaf
Maybe I'm going blind
Maybe I'm out of my mind

Ok, now he was close
Tried to domesticate you
But you're an animal
Baby, it's in your nature
Just let me liberate you
You don't need no papers
That man is not your maker
And that's why I'm gon' take a

Good girl
I know you want it
I know you want it
I know you want it
You're a good girl
Can't let it get past me
You're far from plastic
Talk about getting blasted
I hate these blurred lines
I know you want it
I know you want it”

I feel someone grab me from behind as I am putting the last pancake on the plate and scream while turning around. I take out my buds and see Austin smiling, “Sorry, I liked watching you dance though.”

I smile and take the pancakes to the table and sit down. After he sits down and grabs some pancakes I start to eat. “Ally?” I look up, “You are far from plastic and a good girl. No matter what people may say. I love you and am happy we got together and no matter what happens. You and this baby are my life.” I nod and start to eat again. After I have finished I grab Austin’s hand and he looks at me, “I know Austin. I know how you feel about us.” He nods and grabs the plates and takes them to the sink. He helps me out of the chair because I was having a little trouble and we walk outside and sit beside the pool. “Austin, I think we should go ahead and talk.” He nods and looks down and then back up at me.

Austin’s Pov…

When I woke up this morning everything seemed like it would be okay. I walked down stairs and saw Ally swaying and making pancakes. I stopped and watched. She started singing to the song, ‘Anything could happen’ and then she changed it and I saw her wait then sing and move to, ‘I love it’ and then she put on the song, ‘Blurred lines’ I couldn’t take it anymore and walked behind her to try and dance with her but she freaked out. After eating she brought us out to the pool. I am sitting there and all of a sudden I hear, “Austin, I think we should go ahead and talk.” I nod and look down and then back up at her.

“Austin, I meant almost everything I said yesterday.” I am nodding and looking at the pool water. “Austin, please look at me and talk with me.” I look up and nod. “Okay, Ally.” She bites her lips, “Ally, I don’t know what to say. I told you everything I felt yesterday.” She is biting her bottom lip and looking around. I can tell she wants to say something but is scared to. “Austin, I…I don’t want you to go.” I smile and look up but she shakes her head as I lean in to kiss her. “But I can’t let you get away with cheating on me.” I nod but am still smiling, I know there is another but coming. “But I do feel that you should move back in with your parents for a little bit or get a little apartment.” My face completely falls, I had a feeling this would happen yesterday but I thought we were better. “But Austin, it is only for a little bit. I just need a break to actually think about everything. Also like I said yesterday I think we should take a pause.” I look up, “What’s a pause?” she laughs a little, “We take a break. Basically we are having a baby and will go to the appointments together however we won’t be a couple.” I nod and look down, this really is happening. I deserve it.  “Okay Ally. I get it. I am happy I can still be a part of you and the baby’s life.” She laughs, “Austin, you are her dad. Of course you are going to be a part of her life. And Austin I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it.”  I smile and look up, “So, Friends?” She smiles back, “Friends for now.” I smile bigger and pull her in for a hug. The baby kicks and I pull back laughing.

I have been upstairs packing some of my things and Ally wanted to help but I told her to relax. I hear laughs coming up the stairs every now and then and smile myself. I have two duffle bags and am ready to go. I look around at the room and leave before heading downstairs I walk into the baby’s room. I sit in the rocking chair and look around. “Hopefully daddy will be home in time to see you in this room for the first time baby.” I grab my bags again and head downstairs.

Setting my bags on the floor I go over to the couch and see Ally completely absorbed in a show. I clear my throat and she looks up, “I am all packed. I’ll be on my way.” She looks down and I see tears running down her cheeks. I walk over to the couch and sit on my feet in front of the couch and grab her hands. Wiping her tears away with one hand I still hold her other.  “Ally, don’t cry sweetie.  It will be okay. I am here if you need anything. We agreed this was for the best right now. You are near everyone. I will keep my phone on at all times. I love you baby. Please don’t cry.” She looks up while hiccupping and smiles a little, “You promise?” I smile a little too, “Yes, I promise I love you and I promise I will keep my phone on at all times.” She smiles a little and hugs me tight. “I love you too Austin. Let me know when you get home safely.” I nod and rub Ally’s belly and kiss her cheek. I grab my bags and look back to see her crying again but I know I will make it worse if I go back over and head out the door. Getting into my car I feel really bad.

I drive the three minutes to my house and grab my bags and go straight to my room. Lying on my bed I let my tears finally fall. I can’t believe this.  I had to move out. I just want to be next to Ally. I can’t believe I screwed up so bad. I text Ally and let her know I am home and turn over and cry myself to sleep.