Doctor

I wake up to Aubrey screaming. I jump up and run into her room to see her holding her ear. “What’s wrong baby?” She looks at me crying. I sigh and pick her up and check her diaper. I change her diaper. I feel her forehead and she feels warm.

I walk over to her table and grab the thermometer and check her temperature. She is a little warm, “Oh baby, do you not feel good?” She shakes her head. I pick her up and see she keeps holding her ear, “IS it your ear?” She nods. I put her down and decide to take her to the doctor.  I grab her hand and take her into my room. I grab a pair of sweats and a jacket and pick her up carrying her downstairs where I grab my phone and keys.

Putting Aubrey in the car seat I get in the driver’s seat and look at my phone. Man, I need to tell Austin. But it’s probably just an ear ache. Sighing I grab my phone and send a quick text.
Hey, Aubrey woke up not feeling good. I think it’s just an ear ache but im taking her to her doctor to be safe.

Putting my phone down I start the car and head to the doctor’s while Aubrey cries. My phone has went off a couple times but I didn’t check it. By time I arrived at the doctor’s I feel so bad for Aubrey. She has cried the whole way.

Sighing I grab my phone and see Austin has wrote back.
DO you think she will be okay?

Oh, forget it. I’ll meet you there.

Sighing I get out and grab Aubrey. “It will be okay sweetie.” She looks up and with her tears in her eyes I want to cry, “Hurts.” I look down and head into the doctor’s office.

I am waiting and Aubrey is crying. I keep getting sympathetic looks from other mothers and I smile and try to calm Aubrey down. Looking up I see Austin run in and when he sees me he runs over. He looks at Aubrey who is crying in my chest. He looks at me and I see the hurt and sadness in his face. “Is she okay?” Aubrey turns around and smiles a little when she sees Austin. She puts her arms out and he picks her up and sits down next to me. “She’s cried since  she woke up. All she said is it hurts.” HE looks down at her and kisses her cheek, “It will be okay princess.” She smiles a little and cries into his chest.

I feel someone grab my hand and I look up and see Austin holding my hand, “She will be okay.” I nod, “I know but I don’t like seeing her in pain.” He nods and rubs circles on my hand until we are called back.

The doctor comes in and smiles, “So what seems to be the probably Miss. Dawson, Mr. Moon.” I smile a little and point to Aubrey who is still crying in Austin’s chest. “She woke up screaming and holding her ear. She was running a little bit of a temperature. She wouldn’t quit holding her ear and crying so I brought her here. She has cried since she woke up.” He nods and walks over to Aubrey. “Aubrey, honey can I see your beautiful face.”

Aubrey moves a little so he can see her. He checks her temperature. He looks to Aubrey, “Does your ear hurt?” She nods, “Which ear honey?” She holds the ear that hurts. He checks it and looks at me, “It’s okay miss. Dawson, she just has an ear ache.” I nod, “I thought she did.”

Aubrey is still crying. “Well how about I do this. I will give you these numbing drops and since its just starting I say do the drops twice a day for about 4 days.” I nod and he looks at Aubrey crying, “Oh, hold on. I am going to make her feel better now.” I look at him weird as he heads out the door.