Two months?

I over to Austin and I can tell he is having an inner debate. She looks between us then smiles, “Do you need a moment?” I nod and she walks out the door. “Austin?” He looks at me trying to smile and I just know it isn’t him. “Do you want to know or…” He sighs, “I do but I don’t.” I nod and sit down, “Austin, I want to know too but..” He grabs my hand and lets a small smile show, “Ally, I think we should find out because no matter what I’m here.” I nod and smile at him, “Well, if I’m a little over two months then it is Alex’s and if I’m a little over a month then it’s yours.” He nods and I hear a knock

Looking up I smile as Dr. Harper enters, “So, do you want to know?” I look at Austin and nod. She smiles and looks down, “Oh my.” I sigh, “What?” She smiles, “Ally, umm.. I don’t think this will help yet because I got you only at about a month in a half.” I look at Austin, “But that doesn’t make sense. I should be around a month and a week for Austin and like two months and a week for Alex.” She shrugs, “We can always check again in a month or I can give you an amniocentesis around your 14th or 20th week. “

Sighing I sit down, “Well how many weeks am I now?” She looks down then smiles, “About 6 almost 7 weeks.” I nod and sigh, “Which will give me the answer?” She sits down the sighs, “ Well there is one I could give you but it has a high risk and I don’t recommend it. Between the two options I gave you I would say to get your answer to do the amniocentesis.” I nod and smile, “So in about two months?” She nods and I sigh, “Okay. I will be back in two months.” She laughs a little and hugs me handing me the pictures as I leave.

I schedule the appointment before getting in the car. I look at Austin and can see he is hurt. “Austin I am so sorry.” He shakes his head, “Ally it’s not about that.” I look at him confused, “I’m just realizing how much I missed out on with Aubrey.” I grab his hand and lean over to kiss him, “That was my fault baby.” He shakes his head, “If I never left,” I shake my head, “Austin, I never told you. Aubrey is amazing and it is my fault you weren’t there for these things but you were there for the birth and you are there now.”

Smiling he leans over and kisses me before starting the car and driving. “Where are we going?” He laughs, “Surprise.” I shake my head and look out the window. After a little bit I see the pizza place I took Austin to show up as we pull into the lot. “Why are we here?” He shrugs, “We haven’t ate and I remember you craved pizza.” I laugh and kiss him, “Baby cravings are different for every baby.” His head drops, “Oh.”

I lean over and kiss him, “But pizza sounds great, let’s go.” He smiles as he comes around and helps me out of the car. Laughing I grab his hand and we walk in and order two pizzas and head over to the games.

After a game of basketball which I won and dance dance which he won I sit down and start eating my pizza. I feel arms hang over me and I try to look behind me and I see the arms move around to the side of me. I turn and look up and see Alex. “Oh hey.” He smiles and sits down, “I saw Austin playing the dance game and I looked around and saw you so I thought I would come and say hi.” I laugh and offer him a seat, “How is everything?” He shrugs, “I like being a dad, but I never get to see her the way I would want.” I look down, “I’m sorry, why don’t you talk to her about that?” He shrugs, “I guess I don’t feel like I have the right.” I look at him crazy, “Alex you have all the right. That is your kid too.” He smiles and nods.

We sit there for a minute talking then Austin comes over and smiles, “Hey Alex.” Austin sits next to me and smiles. “Hey Austin, How is everything?” Austin shrugs, “Not bad.” I laugh and continue to eat while they talk about boy stuff.

I look up and they are both staring at me, “What?” They both laugh while Austin wraps his arm around me, “Alex was asking if we are going on the senior trip.” I laugh and nod, “Yeah I am pretty sure, Why?” He shakes his head, “Just seeing who is all going.”

We all ate and talked for a little bit then I didn’t feel too good, “Austin, can we go home?” He looks at me confused, I look over and Alex is looking at me too so I casually move my hand to my stomach, “Umm… My stomach hurts.” Austin stares at me then realization dawns on him, “Oh okay baby.” He looks over to Alex, “I’m sorry man, I should get her home.” Alex stands up, “No problem, I understand. Take care of her I will see you guys later.”

I stand up after Austin does and I grab Alex’s hand, “Why don’t you and Trish and Dez come over one day and we can all hang out.” He smiles, “We will do that.” He opens his arms and I smile as I hug him and we pull back and me and Austin walk to the car.

We get in and Austin looks at me, “What?” He shakes his head, “Should you really have did that, what if he knows now?” I laugh, “Austin, I’m barely showing, He doesn’t know. I will be more careful when I show some more.” He nods while he leans over and kisses me.

We smile as he heads to the house. I get out when we reach the house and I smile. “Come on, I want to cuddle.” Laughing he follows me in and I sit on the couch and we cuddle and watch a movie. I look at the time and suddenly I feel better. “How about we go for a swim?” He laughs and nods, “Okay come on, just don’t overdo it.” I laugh and walk upstairs to change.

I walk outside and see Austin already in the pool. I stand there and he smiles as he gets out of the pool and comes over to me. Putting his hand on my stomach he smiles, “You’re starting to show.” I shake my head, “No I’m not trust me.” He looks down at my flat stomach with a little baby bump that just looks like I ate a lot. “Wait about another two months.” He laughs and carries me into the pool.

We are floating when I look over to Austin on his float, “Austin?” He looks at me and smiles, “Yes baby?” I look at the stars then at him, “I love you so much and I love you so much more for everything you are doing.” He swims over and smiles, “I love you too baby. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I am here whether the baby is mine or not. It takes more than just producing a baby to be a father.” I smile and lean in kissing him.

We pull back and he picks me up carrying me to house, “Let’s go lay down.” I nod and change into his shirt and lay down on the bed and smile as he climbs in with his boxers on. He sits his hand on my stomach and smiles, “Little peanut, you are so tiny but you will be growing like crazy soon and I can’t wait to see it. You take care of your mommy and don’t hurt her to bad.” I laugh and he looks up smiling before placing a kiss on my stomach and curling up to me.

I look up at the ceiling as his breathing evens out. I sigh and look down and smile, He cares so much and I feel so bad for everything that is happening. I really just want to know the dad already. I want it to be Austin’s so that we can get by this. Not knowing the dad of this baby is pushing us apart slowly and I have noticed it. Well, in two months I will know the dad, thank god.

I start to drift off just thinking about how this baby is going to change everything no matter what.