Coming home and Surprises.

It has been five months since Austin left. He comes back any day. I don’t know what I am going to do. I am showing. He is going to figure it out. I have a feeling he already has. Ever since he asked me if I got my monthly friend and the day I asked about babies and then the baby book. He has asked how I am feeling. He has talked about our future. He has talked about families. Little kids he sees in the audience. He asks how my cousin is and everything. He has to know somewhere in his mind. I know he does.

I told my dad and it actually went really well.

Flashback.

I walked downstairs to see my dad sitting at the table. “Dad, Can I talk to you?” He looks up at me and sees my face, “Yeah honey. Is everything okay?” I sit down, “Dad, please don’t be mad.” He looks at me, concern filling his face. “Ally, what is going on? What’s wrong? You’re scaring me.” I take a deep breath and look down, “Dad, I…I’m… I’m pregnant.” I hear nothing but I don’t look up, I feel him grab my hand. “It’s Austin’s?” I nod, still afraid to look up. I hear movement. I feel him hug me, “Honey, its okay. I wish it was later in your life but what happens happens.” I look up shocked, “What?” He laughs, “Its okay.” He sits next to me, “What are you going to do? Abortion is out of the question though.” I nod, “I am keeping my baby.” He nod and smiles, “I can’t wait to meet my grandkid. Do you know what you are having yet?” I shake my head, “No I have to wait a little longer I will let you know. I am also going to move in with Trish and her mom for a little bit. I feel like I need to be around girls.” He nods, “Okay, But I want you to come by at least once a week.” Hugging me again he goes to starts talking about a baby room and everything.

End of Flashback.

Trish is excited that she can be an aunt and her mom is cool that I am here. She is happy to have me around and answer any questions I have and help me. I am so lucky. Dez found out when I started to show. He was confused at first and asked if I got fat. When I explained he was so happy he could be an uncle. He wanted to tell Austin but I had to beg him not to. I know if has been hard on him not to tell because I see him everyday struggle with it. Alex has been really sweet. When some kids picked on me he stood up for me. They quit immediately. Alex is Mr. popular and no one questions him. I had a few names called at me but who cares. He took me to some of my appointments. He seems to not mind.

Everything has been good except the Austin not knowing and me wishing he was here. I am almost five months pregnant. Austin’s tour ran over and well, I’m nervous to see him. I found out I am having a girl and my dad is ecstatic. He has already painted a nursery and started to come up with names and shop for his granddaughter. I went shopping a little but I got sad that Austin wasn’t with me. Trish and her mom bought me some stuff they saw at stores and thought was cute. I have stayed away from Austin’s family. I don’t want them to know. I feel so guilty.

Austin’s Pov.

It has been five months since I left. I am so happy to get back home. I miss my family and friend but more important I miss Ally. She has lost all communication with me. She doesn’t text, call or nothing. When I text or something she doesn’t reply. I pulled away from me. I ask Dez all the time how she is doing but he keeps it simple. Saying she is great or fine. Trish does the same. My family hasn’t seen her so they can’t help. I know something is up. I just know it but I can’t put my finger on it. The baby book, the questions, I swear I thought she was pregnant but when I brought it up to Dez, I figured I was wrong.

Flashback.

I called Dez to check on Ally since she won’t answer her phone or reply to my text. “Austin, Hi man. I miss you bud.” I smile he is such a good friend. “I miss you too buddy. Hey, how is Ally?”
Silence, “She is fine. Why?” That is weird Dez is never silent.
“She won’t answer me. DO you know what is wrong?”
“Austin, maybe she is just busy. You know Ally. When I see her she is fine and smiling.”
This is so weird. Dez is not being weird. “I think Ally is pregnant.”
Silence again, “Austin. Did Ally tell you she is pregnant?”
“Well, no. But everything…”
Getting cut off by an angry Dez, “Austin, if Ally didn’t tell you then stop this. You would know. I mean hello, something would tell you if she didn’t. Now stop being weird. I have to go. Bye.”

Getting hung up on is never fun. I just stare at the phone. Maybe he is right but I swear I still think she is pregnant. Everything adds up and her being all weird.

End of Flashback.

I still think she is but I would have found out by now. Whatever I am in my car on my way to her house right now, and I will find everything out soon.

Pulling up to her house I knock on the door. Smiling Mr. Dawson answers the door until he sees me, “Austin. What are you doing here?”
“Uh, Hi Mr. Dawson. I am here to see Ally. I just got back.” He just looks anywhere but at me.
“Sorry, she is not home. I haven’t seen her. I have to go. Bye.” With that he closes the door in my face. Well that is rude and weird. Why is everyone being so weird around me? I decide Trish would know where she is and start to drive to Trish’s house.

I knock on the door and Trish opens it and looks anywhere but at me. “Hi, Austin, I guess your back. ”
“Hi, Trish. Have you seen Ally?”
She looks away, “Of course.”
I just stare at her, “Can you tell me where she is?”
“Um, Uh, Um…”
Just then I see Ally walk down the stairs like she is trying to hide. “Ally?”

She stops and stares at me. She is in a pair of yoga pants and a tank top that shows off a baby bump perfectly. Wait a baby bump. Ally is pregnant after all.