Make it work.

I look at him like he is crazy. Did he really just ask me that? I know he is making great points. I do always listen to Alex and never him. I always seem to act like I am in a relationship with Alex rather than Austin. Whatever Alex says I take and listen too when I should be listening to Austin.

I can’t always put everything off on Austin. He is a great guy and doesn’t deserve this. I put him through hell and he just keeps smiling and pushing through it. I am a horrible person.  Austin has hurt me before but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t listen to him. We are suppose to get married and I don’t listen to him or take anything he says seriously. What kind of fiancée am i?

I sigh and look at Austin, “Austin..” he shakes his head, “Ally, please… I… I just need an answer. Give me one…please.” I look at him and see the sadness and hurt on his face. He looks like I have broken him.  I really think for a second. Do I want this relationship to work?  I love Austin and I honestly believe he is my one. I want more than anything to marry him and grow old with him. I have wanted that for years. I look back at him and he looks like I just killed his pet in front of him. “Austin, I love you more than anything.” He nods and starts to walk away, “Austin!” He stops and I wobble to him and stand in front of him, “Let me finish… I love you more than anything… I have wanted us to have a family and grow old together for years. I don’t know what I would do without you. I want more than anything for this relationship to work…I want this relationship with you Austin.”

He smiles and pulls me into a hug, “That is all I needed to hear.” I push him away some and shake my head, “No, I hear you now Austin. I am going to start listening to you. I am dating you not Alex. I cant listen to him and forgive him and not you. You are my fiancée, I should have never taken his side over yours. Yes you have fucked up but so have I. We have both fucked up and hurt each other. We have both been stupid, but I want to start over Austin…. Can we please do that?” He smiles and pulls me into him, “I would do anything for you Ally. How about I make an appointment for a therapist if you want and we can talk with them and see where all of this is coming from in the first place?”

I smile and nod, “I really don’t want to fight and break up then turn around and kiss and make up. I just want us to be together and be happy.  I hate all of this Austin.” He nods and kisses my head, “I know baby I am too.”

We stand like that for awhile and then he pulls me back and places his hand on my stomach and feels how hard the baby is kicking, “Dang, he is worked up.” I nod and go to sit down, “Yeah it all started this morning with the yelling. He hasn’t calmed down yet.” Austin sits next to me worried, “Ally, oh my god. The stress on the baby is bad. I am so sorry I didn’t even think..” I cut him off, “Austin, I’m fine really. The baby is just scared.”

We sit there and watch the sunset and he smiles and kisses me. “Remember this is where our first kiss was?” I nod and smile, “Yeah, we have had drama since the very first kiss.” We both laugh and he stands up. “Lets go home baby.” He helps me up and he intertwines our hands as we walk to the cars.

I feel a kick and stumble a little and Austin catches me. “Are you okay?” I smile and nod, “The baby just is still worked up.” He looks at me then nods.  I walk to my car and start driving home. I end up following Austin home.

He pulls into a restaurant so I pull in beside him. He gets out and walks over to my car. “What are we doing?” He laughs, “I’m hungry and you probably haven’t ate.” I shake my head and he helps me out of the car and we walk into the restaurant and sit down. “Hi I am Alison your waitress, what can I get you to drink?” “I want a coke.” Austin smiles, “The same.” She nods and walks away. I look over the menu. She comes back with the drinks and is about the leave, “We are ready to order.” She smiles, “I am so sorry, what can I get you two?” I smile, “I want the small pizza.” She nods and looks at Austin, “I want the spaghetti.” She smiles, “Okay, that will be up shortly.” She walks away and I look down and see my face in the spoon. I look horrible. I have tear stains and my hair is messed up. I look at my outfit and see it is wrinkled and messed up. I look at Austin and see he looks ten times better than me.  I sigh and look down.

“Hey whats wrong?”  I sigh and shake my head, “Just I look horrible.” He smiles, “You always look perfect to me.” I smile and he leans over and kisses me. “Ally, I promise. I am willing to make this work.” I smile and nod, “Me too Austin. Me too.”  The food is placed in front of us and we start eating. Austin finishes first because I am not hungry. I don’t want no food but I know I cant get away with that so I am taking small bites.  

After a few minutes I feel Austin’s hand on mine, “Are you okay?” I shake my head, “I cant stop thinking about how bad I have been to you. I am so sorry Austin. So sorry. I have been a horrible bitch, I cant believe you haven’t left me yet. I would not have blamed you.  I wouldn’t blame you now if you did.”  Austin pulls me closer to him, “Hey, where is this coming from? You have been crazy and have hurt me but Ally I believe you never would have don’t it on purpose. I am not leaving you. I want to be with you.”

I nod and wipe a few tears. “Austin, I want you to promise me that if I start acting like a crazy horrible bitch again that you will do what is best for you. “ He looks at me and nods, “I promise baby.” We pay and leave.

I get in my car and see Austin pull out and I break down. I am a horrible person and i have treated him so bad. Why does he still love me? Hopefully everything is going to be different and better. I want everything back to how it was from the beginning. I want us happy and no drama. I sigh and pull out.

I drive down my street and see Austin pull into the drive way. I pull in next to him and sigh as I see an all to familiar jeep in the driveway.