Casarean

The doctors all rush around and start yelling orders and everyone is touching things and pushing everyone out. I look down and let a few tears fall. I see Austin with tears too, “He will be okay, you will be okay.” I nod, “I love you.” They take the ipad and hand it to my dad. “Do I get anyone in there with me?” They sigh as they put me in a dress and switch me to a different bed and get ready to move me. “The father?” I shake my head and sigh.  They look at me and one nurse grabs my hand, “Honey, I will be right there.”  Nodding the doctor comes back in and they start pushing me out the door and down the hallway.

I feel a door open and I am getting hooked up to machines. “Doctor, are we ready?” I see my doctor smile down at me, “I am right here and nothing will happen to you or this baby.” I smile and relax. I feel myself go a little numb and I feel someone grab my hand. I turn and see the nurse from before with a smile holding on.

“We are going to start.” I feel a little pinch and then I am just laying there feeling nothing. “I see the baby.” “I need hands.” I am laying here restless wanting to know what is happening I wish for Anything that Austin was here with me. I am scared.

I see Doctor Harper look at me and smile, “We got the baby.” I nod and stare at the ceiling again. “Cut the cord.” I look around and see the nurse still holding my hand watching what is going on. She looks down at me and smiles, “Everything is okay.” I nod and stare back at the tile ceiling.

After what seems like forever I hear small cries and a real smile takes over my face. “He’s okay?” Doctor Harper walks over to me and tilts the baby to show me, “He is alive.” I smile and look at his face and laugh, “He’s dirty.” Everyone in the room with me starts laughing and the nurse smiles at me, “Honey, we haven’t cleaned him yet.” Laughing again I nod and watch Doctor Harper hand the baby to a nurse and walk away.

“Miss. Dawson, we got you all back together.” “Okay.” He comes around and laughs, “We are going to move you back to your room and bring your baby when he is all checked.” I nod and soon I am hooked to the bags and I have people pushing me back through doors and hallways.

When we reach my room they lead me in and then switch me back over to my bed. I get my bags hooked up to the poles and they check my vitals before walking out. The one nurse stops and smiles, “I will come back with your baby soon. DO you want me to send anyone in?” I sigh, “I’m tired but yeah.”

I hear a knock and then I see Alex and Trish rushing in. “Oh My God, Ally. I got the call and I rushed right over. Are you okay? Where is he? Is he okay? Has anyone talked to Austin?” I laugh a little that ends in a yawn, “I am fine, I cant feel a thing. He is getting checked but seems to be fine. Austin knows.” She walks over to me and lifts my blankets and then my gown and looks at my stomach and sighs, “Dang.” I look at her worried, “What?” She shakes her head, “Nothing bad just that is going to leave a scar.” I yawn again and shake my head, “I don’t care as long as he is okay.”

Alex comes over and grabs my hand, “You dad told me to call when you came out. I am also suppose to send a picture of you and the baby.” I laugh and nod. “Aubrey?” Alex pulls a paper out of his back pocket and unfolds it, “She fell asleep so you dad took her to his house but she drew this for you.” I take it and see a picture and it is labeled mommy, daddy, me, and baby. I laugh and place it sitting on near my pillow. Alex grabs it and sits it up on the table.