Prom.

I am almost five months and prom is coming up. Wow time flies.  I really wanted to go but I don’t know. Do I really want to go to prom with a five month baby bump? How could I even look good in a dress with that? I did not imagine my prom like this. I imagined being the princess and if I go I will be a fat whale.

Trish has dragged me to the mall to look for her dress. I am sitting in a chair when she comes out in this really pretty blue and purple dress that is shorter in the front and longer in the back. It has a v-neck cut and looks amazing on her. She smiles and turns around and I use the arms of the chair and stand up, “You look amazing. I think this is your dress. You haven’t smiled with any other.” She smiles and nods going back into the dressing room.

We are about to walk to the cashier when she stops me and stands there. “Ally go into my dressing room, I have a surprise.” I look at her confused but she keeps ushering me that way. I finally walk in and close the door and see this really pretty dress hanging there.

I take my clothes off and put the dress on. (PICTURE IS TO THE SIDE) I feel it and it is soft. It is a soft pink. I look in the mirror and see that it has jewels all around the bodice and to about top of my bump. It looks like it would come tight to my hips then flare out but instead it is tight until a little under my boobs then flares out some and comes back a little at the hips and goes down. It looks like tulle but it is soft. It makes it where you can barely see the bump. The dress is strapless and comes down into a v and fits perfect. It’s a ball gown and I feel like a princess.  

I walk out and Trish gasps when she sees me, “Omg Ally, You have to get it. I knew it would be the perfect dress.” I look at her then the dress again and start crying. She comes over and hugs me, “Ally, come on. I know you wanted to go to prom but you didn’t want to have a dress that showed your bump. However you wanted your dress to be beautiful. I found it. Please say you will go.” I turn and smile, “I will go if Austin asks me.” She gasps again, “He hasn’t asked?” I shake my head and she pushes me back to the room.

I change back into my regular clothes and take the dress and pay. Me and Trish are walking to the car when I see a shoe store, “Wait.” I pull her into the store and find a cute pair of silver heels that have jewels that match the dress going over the top of my foot. They even have small jewels that go around the bottom of the show. They are about five inches but I should be fine. If I have to I can take them off.  I pay and walk out with Trish.

We arrive back at my house and I walk in and don’t see anyone, “Austin?” I see Aubrey run in, “Momma, outside.” I look at her and put the bags down then walk outside to see Austin holding a rose in a dress shirt and jeans. I look at him and smile. He smiles, “Allyson Marie Dawson, will you go to prom with me?” I laugh and take the rose, “Yes.” He laughs and hugs me then kisses me. “I can’t wait to see you all dolled up.” I shake my head and look at Aubrey, “You helped?” She nods and I lean down and kiss her.

We all walk inside and I see Trish waving her hands in front of her face, “So cute.” I laugh and hug her. She smiles, “I have to go, but I will see you in a week for prom?” I nod and she leaves.

~'~~~~~

It has been a week. Austin and I have the five month appointment today. I smile as I walk downstairs, “Lets go handsome.” He laughs and kisses Aubrey, “Be good for grandma.” She smiles and we leave.