Nightmare.

It has been a few weeks since Austin left. The house has been crazy, hell my life has been crazy.  Me and Aubrey alone for weeks is not good. She doesn’t want to listen to anything I say, she only wants her dad and I am ready to scream. Austin has Skype a few times and called a couple times for a few minutes. No one has came over to check on me or called. I am ready to lose it.

“Aubrey. Come on. You have that play date.” “No.” “Aubrey.” “No.” Ugh. I take a few breathes and try again. “Aubrey, lets go now or no princesses.” “No, I don’t care. I want daddy.” I turn the teleivison off and walk over to her, “Let’s go now!” She stands up and stares at me. She opens her mouth and screams, “NO!” “UGH!” I walk away and head upstairs.

My phone starts ringing. “Hello!” I hear a cough, “Ally, this is Kayla’s mom. I was wondering if the play date is still on?” I sigh, “I’m sorry it seems like Aubrey is not feeling well today.” I hear a laugh, “Okay, maybe another day. Take care.” “You too.” I hang up and throw my phone on the bed. Sighing I walk back downstairs. “Aubrey, the play date is off.” She turns and looks at me, “GOOD.” I take a few breaths. “No princesses today and you are going in a time out when you finish your lunch.”  I look out the window and turn back to see Aubrey throw her lunch at me. “AUBREY FAITH MOON!” She sits down and turns to a corner.  “AHH!”

I turn on my heel and walk back upstairs.  Walking into my room I am ready to just give up and leave. I can’t do this. “Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars.”  

Turning to my phone I answer. “Yes Austin?” I hear his wonderful laugh and sigh sitting down on the bed. “Are you okay baby?”I start to lie and then shake my head feeling the tears come. “No, I am not. I can’t do this. I can’t deal with this. Aubrey is being a nightmare, I am stressed out to the max and…” “Ally, baby, calm down. Breathe.” I take a breathe. “You are strong, I know you. You can do anything, you can do this. I don’t know what is wrong with Aubrey. I wish I could help.” I feel the tears flowing and sigh, “Austin, I’m serious I can’t deal with this. Aubrey wont listen to anything I say. I cant lift and tug at her so I am useless. All I can do is threaten her and take things away. She doesn’t care and just screams and tells me no. She threw her food at me and…” “Whoa, Calm down. This is not good for the baby.” I sniffle and hear Austin sigh, “Don’t cry baby.” I sniffle again, “Austin, This house is hell without you.” I hear a sigh, “Baby, I have to go but please just relax and calm down. Everything will be okay. I love you. I have to go.” “I love you too.”

I set the phone down and lay back on the bed. Looking at the ceiling I breathe deeply and hope that this day will end soon.

AUSTIN’S POV….

I look at the guy yelling at me to hurry up. “Hold on.” I look at my phone and sigh. I cant let Ally go through this. She sounded so horrible on the phone. I look at the number on my phone debating if I should call or not. I hit the green button and wait. “Hello?” “Hey, can you do me a favor?” “Yeah.” I sigh, “Can you go see Ally? She is freaking out. I wouldn’t ask this if I didn’t think it would help.” “I will go check everything out.” I smile a little, “Thank you.”

ALLY’S POV…

Sitting up I wipe the tear marks and walk back downstairs to see Aubrey asleep in the corner. Wiping my forehead I sigh and start to pick up the pieces of food that got thrown. I pick up a few baby carrots when I get a strong kick and have to sit down.

Sighing I rub my belly. “it’s okay little guy, it’s okay. Calm down.” Receiving kicks in response I sigh and keep rubbing my stomach hoping he will calm down soon.  I lean back and close my eyes waiting.

I hear a knock but just turn my head. I hear another knock and mumble in response. Another knock and I finally open my eyes. I look at the door as it is opening. “Ally?” Turning they smile and walk in. “What are you doing here?” Shrugging they close the door and walk into the living room, “Austin called.” I nod and lean my head back against the couch.  “Ally, what happened here?” I shrug and look around, “Where in particular?” shrugging they look around, “Everywhere?”  I sigh, “Aubrey has been a nightmare and throwing tantrums like crazy. I am so tired and stressed. I try to pick up and then I just want to go to bed or something.” Leaning down they pick a baby carrot up and smile, “Really?” I shrug, “She threw her food at me.”

Sitting next to me they pull me into a hug. “It will be okay I promise.” Looking over to a corner they start laughing I smile. “How about I take her to bed?” I nod and lean back closing my eyes again.

I feel the couch dip and look over to see them smiling at me. “Really?” Nodding they make a motion for me to turn. I turn and lay down on the couch. Bending they pick me up and carry me up the steps. “Alex, thank you.” He shrugs, “Austin was freaked out and wanted me to come check out everything.” I nod and feel him dip as he puts me to bed. “Get some sleep. I will go work on the house because it looks like shit.” I laugh and close my eyes finally getting some sleep in two weeks.