Gender?

I am four months now and Trish still wont talk to me. She sits at our lunch table and doesn’t talk to any of us. I am really starting to wonder what I did wrong. Austin’s dad did call but it was to say he loved Austin but that Austin was throwing his life away. He always thought Austin would get away from music and make a life for himself but now even he if did he is stuck with me and the babies.  Yeah that was a rough night, Austin cried in my arms and I didn’t know what to do but rub his back and play with his hair. When no of that worked I sang to him and he finally calmed down and fell asleep.

Looking over to the clock I sigh as I go get Aubrey up, “Honey, let’s go.” She smiles, “Already.” I nod and pick her up, “Don’t you want to know if you are having a brother or sister.” She smiles and nods as we walk down the stairs. I put her in the car and rush back in to grab my phone that I left on the table.

Getting in the car I start it and head to the Doctors. Yes, Austin is not with me. He had to go record today and well, what Jimmy says Austin does. I don’t even think he remembered that I find out the sex today because the baby was doing great and positioned so well last time.

Sighing I park and smile at Aubrey, “Do you want to call daddy first?” She nods and I dial his number and wait for him to answer. Come on, answer. I want you to be here with me.  “Hello you reach Austin, Leave a message for me and I will call you back.” I sigh as I hear the beep, “Austin, today is the day we find out the sex. I really wanted you to be here. The appointment is at two so come if you can make it. I will be gone by three.” I hang up and look back at Aubrey, “I still have time, want ice cream?” She nods.

I start the car back up and drive to the ice cream place and smile at the lady at the counter. She looks at Aubrey as I set her down then she looks me up and down and her eyes widen, “Oh lord, you are having another, but sweetie this one can’t be but two.” I shake my head smiling, “Year she is one. I would like a vanilla ice cream and a cookie and cream ice cream.”  She looks me up and down again before shaking her head and going to get the item.  She comes back and smiles, “Sorry miss, I was just shocked.” I nod, “Its okay.” Handing her my card I wait for it to be handed back and smile as I grab the ice cream and hand Aubrey hers and go sit by the window.

We eat our ice cream and I laugh at the beard Aubrey has as I wipe it off. I laugh, “Come on sweetie, I will wipe it off in the car.” She holds my hand as we walk to the car and I put her in the car seat and grab a wipe from her back wiping the ice cream. “There all gone.” She smiles as I get in the front and head back to the doctors.

Pulling in I see Alex’s jeep and I look at it weird as I get Aubrey out. I set her down and she puts her hands up. Sighing I pick her up and put her on my hip as I grab her bag and my phone.

I start walking to the door when I hear my name. I turn and see Alex running to me, “Hey, what are you doing here?” He smiles, “Actually, I was at Babies r’ Us next door.” I look over and smile forgetting the store was there. “What are you doing here?” I shrug, “Finding out the sex of the baby.” His mouth drops a little, “Oh wow. Where’s Austin?” I shrug and he looks down, “I’m sorry. Are you sure you want to do this today. I mean…” He looks at me then shakes his head, “Give me Aubrey Ally. You do not need to be carrying her around.” I sigh, “What was I suppose to do. I have an appointment and he is at work. I can’t reach him and I can’t leave Aubrey alone.”

Pulling me to the side so a lady can get by he sighs, “Ally, you don’t need to be carrying Aubrey around. It isn’t good. You could of called someone to watch her or something.” I nod and he smiles, “Well do you want me to take Aubrey to Toys r’ Us while you figure it all out.” I shrug, “ Nah, I got her. Plus she wants to know.” He smiles and looks down at Aubrey, “Are you happy you are getting a brother or sister?” She smiles and nods, “Yes, I wsked for one now I get one.” He looks at me and I smile, “She wanted a sibling a while back and now she is getting one so she is happy.” He nods and looks around.

He sighs and smiles, “Katy wont be here for another two hours, do you want someone to go in with you? Or even to sit in the waiting room.” I look around then smile, “That would be nice. I’m nervous and I can’t really talk to Aubrey and everyone else judges me.” He smiles and puts his hand out for Aubrey’s bag. I smile giving it to him as we walk in the door.

I check in and sit down smiling over at Alex, “Thank you, she really doesn’t understand and she doesn’t need to yet.” He nods as he holds Aubrey’s doll, “It is no problem, I understand.” “Alex, what if it’s another girl?” He smiles and looks at me, “Well, then you will have another beautiful daughter to drive Austin nuts.” I smile and then look down, “Yeah but Austin has wanted a boy since I was pregnant with Aubrey.” He looks at Aubrey then me, “Whatever you have will be amazing. Don’t worry. All that matters is if the baby is healthy.” I smile and hug him the best I can.

“Allyson.” I smile and look over to Alex, “Would you mind coming in with me?” HE smiles, “You don’t have to ask.” I smile and he grabs Aubrey and her bag as we walk into the room.  He sits down and puts her on his lap and plays with her doll with her.

I hear a knock and turn to see Doctor Harper. She walks in and smiles, “Oh, my is this Aubrey?” I nod and she smiles, “Hello little one. I haven’t seen you since you were this big.” She puts two fingers close together and I laugh.  She sees Alex and smiles, “Alex, always a pleasure.” He laughs and shrugs, “I’m just a fill in.”

She laughs as she sits down, “Any question?” I shake my head but Alex raises his hand making her laugh even more, “Yes?” He looks at me then Aubrey, “Should she e carrying Aubrey around?” She look at me then at my file, “Ally I would stop that within the next month.” I nod and she smiles, “Let’s find out the sex.”

I walk over to the table and lay down while she puts the gel on. She puts the wand on my bump and moves around. Alex comes over holding Aubrey as he points to the screen, “That’s your mommy’s belly.” Aubrey looks closer and smiles.  The doctor stops and puts the heart beat on and I smile. She cuts it off after seeing Aubrey’s face.

Doctor Harper smiles as she looks a little closer and moves the wand a little more, “Well, there it is. There’s the little peanut.” I laugh and Aubrey looks closer, “Baby?” I nod and she smiles. Doctor Harper hits a button and smiles, “SO You do want to know right?”