I have to do something.

I look at Alex and smile. I walk up and pat his back, “Congratulations.”  He turns around and looks down, “Ally, i..” I smile, “Alex, its okay. Spend some time with your daughter.” I look back at the baby and smile, “She is beautiful.” I walk away and drop my smile as I head to my car. I open my door and feel someone grab my arm. “Ally, wait.” I turn around, “Ally, please this changes nothing between us.” I look down and back up, “Spend some time with your daughter, I will talk to you later.”

Getting in my car I pull out of the driveway and when I pull into mine I sigh and look at the steering wheel. He has a freaking kid. He needs to be with the mom. The baby needs her dad and her mom, just like Aubrey… Needs me and Austin.

I sigh and get out and go upstairs and turn the shower on. I get in and let everything out. I never thought I would be hurt by Alex. He doesn’t even know it but I don’t feel good knowing he has a kid. I sigh and get out changing into  a pair of jeans and a tank top.

I sit down on my bed and grab Alex’s letter. I re-read it and sigh. He is so sweet and amazing but I just don’t think I can be with someone who has a kid by someone else.  I look over and see Austin’s letter. I re-read it and smile through my tears. I get up and head into my closet and bring my box out that has all his other letters in it and my engagement ring. I look at the ring as I put the letter in the box. I can’t help it, I slip the ring on and smile at how it fits perfect on my hand and looks good there. I smile as I put it back in the box.

“Momma” I wipe my tears and head downstairs to see Aubrey in Austin’s arms. I smile and he puts Aubrey down who runs up and hugs me. I pick her up and kiss her head. Then put her back down and Austin comes over and brings me to the kitchen, “What’s wrong?” I shake my head, “What do you mean?” He shakes his head and grabs my hand, “Ally I know you. What’s up?” I open my mouth and Aubrey runs in. “Dadda.”

Austin turns and picks her up, “Yes princess.” She smiles, “Family time.” He laughs and hands her to me, “Well how about we go swim then we order pizza and watch the new princess movie.” Aubrey smiles and I walk upstairs and change into my yellow bikini and walk Aubrey to her room and put her in her little one piece and floaters. 

I walk downstairs and see Austin already changed. I laugh and we head out to the pool. I get in and Austin hands me Aubrey. “Okay, do you remember what Alex taught you?” She nods and me and Austin help her. She pretty much has it but to be safe I keep her floaters on her. She gets bored, “Pwrincess.” I laugh and get out and head inside to change.

I throw on some sweats and a jersey. I walk over to Aubrey’s room and bath her then put her in her pajamas.  I pick her up and we walk downstairs to see Austin paying the pizza guy. I laugh and he turns around and smiles. 

We walk into the living room and I grab Aubrey her bottle. I hand it to her and she smiles and sits down on her make shift bed and watches her new princess movie while me and Austin eat pizza.

Aubrey fell asleep half way through the movie. I laughed and went to get her put Austin held me back, “I got her.”   I smile as he picks her up and takes her upstairs.

I find me and Austin something to watch and put on How I Met your Mother.  Austin comes back down and sits next to me. “Now tell me what’s wrong?” I sigh and he grabs my hand, “Ally, you can tell me anything.” I smile and look down at the thought of what I saw today, “Well, Alex has a daughter. “