Call.

I wake up to my phone blaring and I hear a song but I can’t pinpoint whos ringtone it is. Reaching over I pick it up and place it to my ear, “Hello?” I hear screaming and it wakes me up some. I blink my eyes and yawn, “Hello?” “Baby, are you there? Can you hear me?” I hear more screaming and I sit up yawning, “Austin?” I pull the phone away and look at the screen seeing the picture of Austin holding Aubrey and Aiden, one in each arm.  I hear a click and pull the phone away seeing that Austin hung up.

Shrugging I put the phone back on the stand and turn the lights off, curling up and going back to bed.

I wake up hours later to one of the kids crying. Throwing the legs over my bed I feel my feet hit the floor and shuffle towards the room.  I stop in the hallway and turn form room to room trying to figure it out. I smile as I hear the little noise Aiden makes after his cry.

I walk into his room and pick him up, “Oh, baby boy. What’s wrong?” I check his diaper and it is clean. I walk downstairs with him and grab a bottle to see if he is hungry but he doesn’t seem to be. I sigh and place the bottle down looking at him, “What’s wrong baby?” I feel his forehead and walk back upstairs with him.

I enter his room and grab his thermometer binky and place it in his mouth. After a few minutes of walking around with him I hear it beep and pull it out looking at the numbers on the front and see he doesn’t have a fever. Sighing I place it back on his stand. “Baby boy, I don’t get it.” I walk around just bouncing him a little. He starts to calm down and I look at him smiling, “That’s what I am talking about.”

I start moving from side to side with him and he smiles up at me. Smiling, I start humming as he calms down and just stares at me while I still move side to side with him.

I decide to sing to him a little as I move,

“Boom Clap, The sound of my heart
The beat goes on and on and on and on and
Boom Clap
You make me feel good
Come on to me come on to me now
Boom Clap
The sound of my heart
The beat goes on and on and on and on and
Boom Clap
You make me feel good
Come on to me come on to me now?”

I look down and see him watching me with sparkling eyes. I smile and keep moving as I start singing again,

“Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah

Tonight we won't count sheep
Count the ways that I love thee
Count all the things that ever made you smile
Just rest your eyes awhile

Tomorrow's a new day
It may feel so far away
I'll always be everywhere you are
So rest your peaceful heart

Go to sleep, my son
Be still my little one
You're one step closer to the man that you'll become
Another day is done

As summer turns to snow
I'm so proud to watch you grow
I'll cherish every moment of your life
But now let's say goodnight

Go to sleep, my son
Be still my little one
You're one step closer to the man that you'll become
Another day is done

So go to sleep, my son
Another day is done. “

I look down and smile as I see him peacefully asleep. I walk over to his crib and place him in it and kiss his forehead and just watch him for a little bit. I turn and see Alex, “Ahh, you scared me.” I walk out quickly and pull the door up.

Turning I see him watching me and I laugh, “What?” He holds up the baby monitor and I look down as I feel the blush come over my face, “How much did you hear?” He laughs and moves his hand slightly, “Some.” I shake my head and lean agaisnt the wall, “I couldn’t figure it out so I was just trying… he liked me moving with him so I did then I started to humm and he looked… He liked it.” He shakes his head and smiles, “It was cute. I liked it. He seemed to really like it too.”

Sighing I look up at him, “How long?” He leans against the other wall and smiles, “Oh, I got up here around when you started singing Boom Clap.” I look at him shocked, “Why did you say something?” He shrugs and crosses his arms, “You had it covered and it was cute watching you get him to sleep. You have never done that before, not even with Aubrey.”

Looking at the door to Aubrey’s room I shrug, “She sleeps like her dad. She hardly ever needs help going to bed or staying asleep.” Nodding he looks around then yawns, “Well, I am going back to bed.” He starts walking towards the stairs when I sigh, “Alex wait?”

He looks at me and I shrug, “Come on. I cant go to sleep, so you can sleep in my bed instead of walking that far.” He looks at me and looks at the stairs. Smiling I walk to him and grab his hand, “Its okay, I promise.” He follows and I hand him a pillow and watch as he curls up under the blankets and is asleep in a matter of minutes.

Shaking my head I sit in my chair with my Nook and open my book to start reading.

I wake up to my phone blaring again and again not being able to pick up on the ringtone. I get up and walk over to the bed and grab my phone and look at Alex still asleep as I sit on the edge of the bed and answer. “Hello?” I hear noise but no one says anything and I start getting mad. Yawning I look around, “Hello?” “Ally?” I pull my phone away and see Austin’s picture again. “Austin?” He laughs some and then I look at the clock and see it is five thirty. “Is everything okay?” He laughs again and I know he is smiling, “Baby?” “Yeah,” He laughs and I can hear his smile, “Baby, I’m coming home.”

S0 sorry it took me awhile to write. I had my driving test and failed again and I was upset and I just… Old news… Anyway, I am so happy to note that I will be writing a lot until school starts and I may even end this one and do a sequel with the college years because it is getting long. But I am not sure yet.. SO don’t freak.

I loved the song Ally sang, it is by Nick Lachey and its called Another day is done.  The first one was Boom Clap by Charli xcx

Please review,
1babyt