Thinking.

Pulling back into our house I see Austin asleep in the passenger seat. I drove home since he drove there.

Looking at our house and Austin I wonder how I am going to tell Aubrey we have to pack. How do I tell Alex that we have another house? He shouldn’t care, right? Ugh, I didn’t think about any of this. I hope everything goes okay. I just know I need to pack soon because we have to move in soon because school starts in less than a month.

Sighing I lean over and shake Austin, “Hey we are home.” HE groans and stretches some. “Let me sleep.” I look at him, “Austin we are home.” He turns a little. “Austin, I’m naked.” I see him twitch some like he starting to wake up some. I laugh and shake my head, “I guess you don’t want this, hmm… I am sure someone would want to see me naked…” he doesn’t move much, “Alex  maybe he would?” He springs forward quickly, “No touchy. Mine.” I laugh and shake my head as he looks around, “We are home no touchy.”

Laughing I get out of the car and head into the house. Alex turns and tilts his head, “What’s so funny?” I see Austin walk in behind me running his fingers through his hair. Walking over he plops down on the couch next to Alex, “Ally thought it would be funny to wake me up saying you would see her naked, I sprang foreword saying ‘no touchy. Mine’.” I start laughing again as does Alex and he turns to me and nods, “I see now.” “Right.” Walking into the kitchen to get a drink I am still laughing.

I walk back and Austin has his arms crossed, “ I don’t see how it is so funny.” He pulls me onto his lap, “You are mine and no one else is to touchy.” I laugh and lean in kissing him, “Just the way you came up and said it. It was hilarious.”  He starts to pout again making me laugh.

Turning to Alex I smile, “So we have news.” He looks over at us curious, “You cant be pregnant already.” Austin starts laughing as I feel my mouth open and eyes go wide, “No…Not that. I don’t want another one for awhile I have quite a handful now.”  He laughs and nods before shaking his head, “So what is the news?” Austin is still laughing so I hit his chest and turn back to Alex, “We found a house. We are moving in to it for school. We move in around when school is gonna start.” Alex looks between both of us and smiles, “Nice.”

I notice something is up but let it go, “So I am going to probably start packing some things tomorrow. I just wanted to tell you and of course you are always welcome at either one of our houses.” He smiles and nods before turning back to the television.

After a while I turn to Alex, “How were the kids?” He shrugs, “Actually okay. They both were hungry a lot but that was about it. They went to bed about two hours before you came home.” I look at the clock on the DVR box and recognize that it is around 10 so they went to sleep around 8. That’s good.

Austin starts yawning so I get up and look at him, “Go get some sleep.” He looks at me, “What about you?” I smile, “I am up right now. I will be in later.” Nodding he stands up and kisses me before turning to Alex, “Night Alex.” Alex nods, “Night Austin.”

I hear footsteps on the steps and get up walking outside. I sit by the pool and just look at the sky. It looks so calm and peaceful. Knowing that Austin and I have two houses now kind of stresses me out. What if Aubrey doesn’t like it? Aiden is so little, I hate having to move him. I really should have thought about this more. I have to pack and go over there and paint. Not to mention I have to buy furniture. Ugh, either I have to buy it or pack ours up. I really should have thought about this. Austin just has that effect on me.  I go with the flow and don’t think about things.

I put my head in my hands. I feel a presence but ignore it. I just sit there thinking and making a mental list of everything I have to do so soon. I don’t know how long I have been sitting here but I look up and see Alex sitting on the lounger near me. “You okay?” I look back at the water and sigh, “Did you ever do something and realize you should have thought of it?”  I hear him move. I feel him sit next to me but at a safe distance, “Yes, everyone has. Ally, what is this all about?” I keep staring at the water, “I think I no we rushed into getting another house. There is so much to do and Austin is still not all here from his tour and I cant do it myself.”

Putting my head in my hands again I just sigh as I feel a tear hit my hands. I think Alex has left. I haven’t heard him or anything in awhile. I come out and see him just staring at the water, “Ally, I told you when we started all of this with me helping that I would always be here for you. I meant it. I will help you.” I look at him, “You really don’t have to, you help so much already. It isn’t fair and I don’t want you to feel like you have to do anything.” He shakes his head still looking at the water, “You know why I am doing this.”

Sighing I look at the water. “Alex have you ever just wanted to disappear and go to calm perfect world?” He laughs a little, “I think everyone does at some point.” I look over at him then back to the water, “You know you keep saying that. I wonder though have you?” I see him nod a little bit before sighing and getting up, “All the time.” He starts walking to the house when I remember how weird he acted earlier, “Can I ask you something?” He stops and sits in a longer not that far from me. “Anything.”  I look over at him, “when I told you earlier you came right off thinking I was pregnant, why would you think that?” He sighs, “Every time  you have to tell me something it is either you are pregnant or Austin has done something.”

I look back at the water, “Why did you act so weird when you found out about the house?” He looks at the water, “I know something will happen. Don’t ask me how but I know it. I don’t want to see either one of you hurt. Ally, I liked staying here it was fun. When Austin asked me to stay I was shocked but I liked that I got to stay and help with the kids. I guess I feel like that is all ending now because you getting another house shows that we are growing up. We are moving on. We are going to be going in different directions. I guess I never wanted to think about it, I always just imagined that college would be a blast. We would have fun and party and learn but I didn’t think about you and Austin getting married and having more kids in another house. I always knew it would happen but I figured college would be a new start and I guess I forgot everything cant start over.” 

Staring at his retreating back I sigh. Alex feels the same way I do. I never should of rushed into this. I am going to need so much help and I didn’t want to have to ask him for anymore help. I feel like I am taking advantage of him. I look up at my bedroom window.

Shaking my head I get up and sit on a lounger. I need to think. He already signed and I know we cant drive that drive everyday but… I guess I am kind of like Alex and I didn’t think about everything. I thought college would be fun and I could study and learn but also find a fun side to me and let loose some.

I know one thing. I need to pack tomorrow. Getting up I walk inside and walk upstairs. I check on the kids before heading into my room. I climb in bed as quietly as I can and lay down letting sleep take over and hopefully I will dream a happy dream about all of this that is going on.