What could go wrong?

I am staring at her waiting for her reaction. I see her mouth move and then, “What the hell Austin.” I look down some and watch her out of the corner of my eye. She laughs angrily and I sigh knowing this is not gonna be an easy night. “Austin Monica Moon, look at me!” I turn my head to her and look at the anger and betrayal in her eyes. “You invited her to OUR daughter’s birthday party? The person you cheated on me with? The person who I thought was taking everything from me? How could you do that?” I lift my head and watch as she shakes her head. I know she is mad but what can I do? I grab her hands and make her look at me. “Ally, I am so sorry. She has been being so nice the last couple nights and I thought…” “Wait?! You have been talking to her behind my back?!” I sigh and look down before looking back up, “Ally, Listen to me. Yes, she talked to me but just as a friend to tell me if I need anything then she is there. Nothing is going on with me and Brooke. I love you and want only you. I called and asked Brooke and she wanted to decline because of everything that happened. Ally, she said she wants to make a good impression to change the one everyone has.  Don’t be mad at me and please I want a princess for my princess and she is the best I can come up with.”

She shakes her head for awhile and looks between me and the wall, “Do you understand how this makes me feel? Imagine me inviting Alex over here, how would you feel?” I look down. I know how I would feel.  I would feel like crap. I would think she didn’t want me and that something was going on. I would feel like my world was coming down around me and I was losing everything. I grab her hands and make her look at me, “Ally, Let’s invite Alex. Maybe those two will hit it off. That way we can both give them another chance and we can both feel a little better knowing that both of the people we don’t like will be there. Both people we feel will take everything from us.”

Looking down I see her playing with her hands then she looks up and sighs, “Fine, But so help me god if anything happens Austin, there will be no more chances. I will be done.” I smile and pull her to me and kiss her cheek, “Trust me baby nothing will happen. I love you so much. I am not stupid enough to screw that up.” She smiles and lays down, “You better hope so.” I laugh and lay with her while I watch her thinking everything over. I hope she doesn’t have doubts about me. I love Ally to death, I realize how important she is to me and I don’t want to do anything to mess that up. I won’t do anything to mess this up. I plan on us getting married and having more kids, I want that to happen so badly. I can honestly say without Alex, I probably would not realize how special Ally is to me.

I move closer to her and kiss her lips, “I love you so much baby.” She turns and smiles at me. “When can you get your cast off?” I laugh and look over at the casts on my leg and arm, “I go to the doctor tomorrow morning.” She smiles, “well let’s get to sleep then.” I laugh as she turns over and starts to go to bed.

I wake up the next morning to an Ally running around our room and talking to herself. I sit up and start laughing. She stops and turns to me and smiles, “Good morning, now can you come on. We are running late, I just know it. You need a shower and to get dressed. However I can’t help you shower because I need to get Aubrey ready. So we are gonna get you dressed and showered later.” I just stare at her in amazement. Even when she freaks out, everything is in order and in control. She claps her hands at me, “Let’s go laughing boy.”

She walks over to me and gets me dressed and helps me get downstairs. I am on the couch while she runs back upstairs. A couple minutes later she is back down and Aubrey is in her car seat asleep. “Austin, can you walk to the car with your crutches?” I nod and we start off to the car.

Ally is driving like a mad man and she has bad road rage today. I have never seen her like this, I am actually freaked out. She pulls into the driveway mumbling to her. She gets out of the car helps me out and I lean on the car while she grabs the car seat. With the car seat in one hand and the diaper bag on her shoulder she puts her other hand around my waist and we go into the doctor’s office.