The Baby.

Austin jumps up and runs out of the room. Pain is becoming evident and it is really starting to hurt. Austin runs back in and into the closet. He comes out with two bags on his good arm and clothes thrown onto his cast. He walks over and drops the sweats and jacket near me and I look up. I see he is in a shirt and jeans. “Ally, Baby. Come on. Let’s get you dressed and get to the doctor.” I nod and he helps with his good arm and I get into the sweat. Grabbing the bags with his good arm he runs downstairs with his hand in mine and we are heading to the hospital. Austin doing all of this with one good arm I am amazed. I start to tell him how amazed I am before I feel a sharp pain and scream. Austin looks over at me and I see concern in his eyes. “Austin. Get to the hospital.” He speeds up some and we are at the hospital in five minutes. Austin runs into the hospital and is back with a nurse and a wheel chair. He puts the bags on my lap and kisses my cheek. “Baby, I will be in soon. I have to park real quickly.” I nod and am wheeled into the hospital by the nurse.

“Sweetie, we need your doctor so we can call him.” I give her all my information and soon Austin is holding my hand. The nurse turns and wheels me to a room and soon I am in a bed and hooked up to machines. The nurse checks me out and looks at me before she leaves and smiles. “Okay sweetie, you are 2 centimeters dilated.” I nod and she leaves. “Austin,” He runs over to me and grabs my hand, “Yes Baby, You need anything? I will get it.” I laugh, “I wanted to know if you called everyone.”  His eyes widen and I laugh. “Okay, well can you call them?” He nods and goes to call them.

I hear the door open and open my eyes. I see Austin walk in smiling. “They are on their way baby.” I nod and close my eyes again. I am starting to fall asleep when I get a sharp pain again. “AGHH.” I open my eyes and Austin is staring at me with concern. When the pain subsides I look up at him and smile. “Ally, are you okay?” I don’t know what to tell him. I don’t want to lie but I don’t want to hurt him either. I always hear that having a baby is painfully but I never thought it was this painful.  Before I can say anything a nurse walks in and smiles. “Hey sweetie. I heard you screaming. You okay?” “Can I get that drug please?” Her smile fades and she looks sympatric. “I’m sorry sweetie. I can’t do that. You are under age and I’m so sorry sweetie. I wish I could. I can give you something to sleep if you want.”  I think about it but shake my head, “Maybe later.” She nods and walks out. I look over to Austin and he looks like he is having an inner debate.  I am about to say something but I hear a knock.

I look to the door and see Trish and Dez walk in together. “Hey Ally. How are you?” I smile and Trish comes over and hugs me before I answer. “I am okay.” She nods and pulls back.  I look over to the door and Dez is still standing there. “Dez, you can come in.” he laughs and walks in a little. “Hi, mommy.” I laugh and put my arms out and he comes over and hugs me. “Are you okay Dez?” he pulls back and sits on the edge of my bed so  I move over a little. “I just don’t want nothing to change. I am so happy that we will be adding a baby to the group but I don’t want to lose my best friend or you.” I smile and grab his hand. “Dez, yes things are going to change but we will still have time for you. You can always come over.” Austin gets up and comes to us. “Yeah buddy, you are always welcome.” He smiles and gives us both a hug. “Hey what about me?” I laugh, “You too Trish.” We are laughing and talking before another knock comes.

I turn to the door and see Alex poke his head in looking around. “Hey Alex, Come on in.” he walks in and I see he was woken up and drove straight here. “Hey Ally, How are you doing?” I smile and gives a thumbs up. He turns to Austin, “Hey Austin. How you holding up man?” he smiles and gives a thumbs up.  He comes over and gives me a hug. “Are you guys excited?” we all nod and he laughs. We start laughing again and talking. Austin gets up and comes and sits next to me before grabbing my hand and rubbing small circles on it. Alex and Dez are sitting in chairs around the room and Trish is leaning against a wall. Trish lets out a yawn and smiles. Soon we are all yawning. The nurse comes in again and starts to laugh. “You have a full house sweetie.” I laugh and she checks my monitors before leaving again. “Ally, do you care if we go get something to eat and then maybe take a nap in the waiting room.” I laugh and look at Trish. “Go for it. I am going to be here for awhile.” They all give me a hug before they start to leave. “You guys can go home if you want. We will call you when she arrives.” They all nod and leave.