Seven Months.

“Aubrey?” I hear little feet running and I smile as she comes into my room. “Yes momma.” I smile and lean down. “Do you want to go get ice cream?” She smiles big and nods. Smiling I kiss her, “Go get your shoes.”

Walking into my closet I see my flip flops and slide them on. I know that match and I can get them on. I cant see my feet anymore. I am seven months pregnant today. Austin has been on tour almost two months.  Aubrey has been home for three weeks and she is so much better. She helps me with getting my shoes and bringing me her plate. She is such a big girl and is growing up so quick.

“Momma?” I laugh and come out of my closet. “I am coming.” I grab my phone and walk out of my room to see Aubrey at the gate wanting to go down. I smile and open the gate and grab her hand helping her down the stairs.

She runs off to the living room as I grab my purse. “Aubrey, are you ready?” She comes running with her teddy bear Austin bought her and smiles. “Lets go.”

I open the back door and help her climb in. I buckle her up and hand her the teddy bear and get in the front. I turn on the radio and she stats mumbling. “Dadda?” I laugh, “Okay.” I put Austin’s CD in and hear her humming.

I start driving to the ice cream place near my doctors. My car beeps, “Call from Austin.” I smile, “Answer.” “Ally?” I laugh, “Hey Austin, what’s up?” I hear the heartwarming laugh, “I am on break. I have a concert in a few hours.” “DADDDY!” I hear that laugh again, “Hey princess. What are you doing?” “Ice cream.” “Your eating ice cream?” “No we are going to get ice cream Austin. I am taking her to get ice cream before my appointment.” Silence fills the car. “Daddy?” “I am here princess. I love you.” “I love you too.” “Ally, do you really want to take her there?” “Austin, it should be quick and I haven’t spoken to Alex since my last appointment.” I hear a sigh, “Ally, I wish I was there. I hate this. Ugh, I have to go. Please be careful and let me know how it goes. I love you.” “I love you too.” I hear the beep and the music comes back on.

I pull into the ice cream shop and help Aubrey get out. We walk in and she runs up to the counter. The lady there smiles, “Why Hello?” I smile as I walk up behind Aubrey, “Hi, I want a vanilla cone.” I look down, “what do you want sweetie?” “Venella.” I laugh because some words are still so cute when she says them.  “Make that two Vanilla cones please.”  The lady walks away and comes back a few minutes later with two cones. I had Aubrey hers and pay the lady. I grab mine and then Aubrey’s hand. “Let’s go sit.”

I am laughing at Aubrey who is making a complete mess. She finally finished her cone and smiles. I start laughing. “Aubrey let’s take a picture.” She smiles big. I take a picture of her face with ice cream all over it.

I send the picture to Austin and stand up. “Let’s clean you up and go see your brother.” She smiles and grabs my hand. I walk to the car and grab her wipes. I wipe her face and then her hands. She laughs as I help her climb in.

I throw the wipes away in the trash next to the car and get in starting the car.  Backing out I hear the beep of my car, “Call from Alex.” “Answer.” “Ally?” I turn right and head to the doctors, “Yes Alex.” “Where are you?” I switch lanes confused, “What do you mean?” “I came to your house to take you to your appointment and your car isn’t here and there was no answer at the door. I sigh and turn right onto a side street almost at the doctors. “Alex, I took Aubrey for ice cream and am pulling into the doctors right now. Thanks for everything but I am good today. I got it.” “Umm.. okay then. Talk to you later I guess.” I hear the beep and then the music comes back on.