Baby is coming.

I get up and start to look around the house and everything seems fine but why does something seem so wrong. I finally got to get a shower and when I get dressed I feel that weird feeling again. I push it away because I must be crazy or something. I decide to just make waffles because I didn’t want to cook and putting them in the toaster is easy. I grab them out of the freezer and stick them in the toaster. After they are done I am watching last night’s Pretty Little Liars when I hear Austin coming down the steps and turn around. He is in his boxers and looks like a sleepy kid. He is rubbing his eyes and looking around confused with his hair sticking out everywhere. I laugh and he comes and sits next to me.

My phone starts to ring during the shows. “Hello?” “Hi, Miss. Dawson, this is Doctor Harper. I was just checking over your last checkups and I wanted to call and tell you that I am absolutely sure you will be getting your baby earlier than your due date.” I look confused, “Uhm, Okay.” I hear a laugh, “I just wanted to give you some things to look for. If you become in pain and it is unbearable call me. Well if your water breaks. And lastly if you feel pain and it starts to come closer and closer in time.” I smile, “Thank you Doctor Harper.” I head another laugh, “Good luck sweetie. See you in a couple days.”

We hang up and Austin is staring at me worried. “What did the doctor want?” “Just to tell me she is absolutely positive I will be having the baby early and give me signs to watch for.” He nods and goes back to the TV.

I managed to convince Austin to take me out and we are at the beach with Trish, Dez, and Alex. I am laying on the sand just in shorts and a tank top. Everyone else is in the water.  I start to get a weird feeling again and decide maybe this is something. I try to remember what the doctor told me and this does not fit the signs but I just know something is off. I grab my phone and decide to Google it.  I end up on this website where moms talk about their pregnancies and I find a mom who is going through like what I am.

She mentions how for two days she just felt like something was wrong and finally decided to call her doctor and when she showed up at the hospital the doctor told her that her baby is coming. I also found another girl who said things felt weird and when she got to the doctor her baby had died.

I am scared I start to think maybe I should call the doctor. I see Austin is having fun with everyone else so I call the doctor. “Doctor Harper, how may I help you?” “This is Ally Dawson.” “Oh, Miss Dawson. What’s wrong?” I sigh, “I don’t know I woke up this morning and something just felt weird and wrong.” She laughs, “I get this call a lot. Are you having any pain?” I tell her no. and she asks a couple more stand questions about how I am feeling and finally I get an answer. “Ally, Honey I would not worry. It just seems like something else is wrong and that your baby and you are fine. If this doesn’t go away by tomorrow you can always come in.” I sigh a sigh of relieve, “Thank you Doctor Harper.”

Austin comes running over after I hang up. “Baby, come in the water at least for a little bit.”  I laugh and shake my head. Austin leans over like he is going to kiss me and then he picks me up and carries me to the water. “AUSTIN.PUT ME DOWN.” He laughs and sits me down carefully in the water. “It’s okay baby. I was careful. I love you. Lets have fun.” I laugh and start to play in the water with my friends. I had a blast and when we finally get out its getting dark. Everyone else leaves and I go and start to grab our stuff. I feel arms around me and smile, “Baby, let’s sit and watch the sunset.” He sits down pulling me with him. He is sitting behind me and me in front with his arms around me. “This is so beautiful.” He kisses my neck and smiles in it. “I know just like you baby.” I snuggle up into him and we finish the sunset. We get home and place the pizza on the table and eat it while just talking and staring at each other. “I can’t wait for the baby to come.” I smile, “I know. But I think I can wait a little bit. I like this moment.” We smile and lean in but I yawn instead. Laughing he grabs my hand and takes me upstairs to put me in bed. I feel him get in next to me and soon I know he is asleep. I can hear his breathing short and comforting. I curl up into him and am soon asleep too.

I wake up knowing something is wrong. I wake up a little more and am in a panic. I feel the wetness under me. “Austin.” He doesn’t move. I hit him and yell. “Austin? Get up.” He stirs and sits up a little. “Ally, why are you up? And why are you hitting me?”  “Austin, The baby is coming.”