Truth time.

“Ally, Ally” I get nothing, she must be asleep. I turn on my back and sigh; she really wants to have more kids with me. She wants a big family with me. That means she wants to get back together eventually. Turning to look over at my girl I see a smile on her face. I look down at her stomach and guilt and sadness takes over me big time. I feel the tears running down my cheeks just knowing that my baby is dead and it would have been mine and Ally’s second child. That baby would have been just as great as Aubrey and been loved as much. I hate that I will never get to know it and love it. Wrapping my arms around Ally I kiss her head and fall asleep thinking at least I got my friend back.

I wake up next to Ally and a smile comes to my face immediately.  I feel movement and look down, “Austin?” “Yeah baby, I’m here.” “Austin, I just want to stay with you all day.” I nod, “Okay, we can do that.” We hear a doorbell and I get up to get it, “Stay here, I will be right back.”

I open the door to see Alex looking antsy, “Where is Ally? Why are you here?” I sigh, I don’t want to tell him but I have to. “Well…Umm…” “Alex?” I turn and see Ally coming down the steps. “What are you doing here?” he walks in and goes to her so I shut the door mad. “I came to check on you. I was worried.” She sighs and starts to cry; I run and hug her quickly. Alex is fuming. “Let’s sit on the couch.” I pull her next to me and we all sit down.  “Alex, umm…” I pull her close as she cries more, “Alex, Ally was pregnant.” I see him sit in his chair. “Wow, umm how far along are you?”  I sigh and Ally cries more, “She lost the baby,” I hug her close, “We lost the baby.” He puts his head in his hands. There is silence for awhile. “I am so sorry. You need to be with Austin right now.” He gets up and hugs Ally quickly before walking to the door, “Now is not a good time to try this. Bye sweetie.” With that he is gone and I am left confused.

“Try what?” she turns and stares at me, “We were going to try to date.” I look down because if I look at her I know she will see me fuming. I made a mistake but I don’t want her dating anyone else. Plus it has only been two days, really. I get up and walk outside to the pool. I need to relax. Stripping down to my boxers I get in the pool and start to swim around. Floating on the water staring at the blue sky is amazing. I let the water rush over me taking all my emotions with it.  I don’t want stress or anything right now. I just want me and the water.  Grabbing a float I lay down with some music on from the stereo in the hot tub playing and start to fall asleep.

I feel the water moving under the float. It is moving with movement so I know Ally must have gotten in. I open my eyes and see that it is night now and the stars are shining brightly. “Austin?” I turn my head and see her a foot away, “Is it okay if I come in? I know you wanted space so I left you alone but your idea of being in the pool sounded good. If you care and want to be alone I can…” Staring back up at the sky I sigh, “It is fine Ally. I have been alone all day.” She walks a little closer but she seems scared, “Okay, umm… I’ll just go to the other side…” Before she can get away I grab her wrist from the float and slowly get off the float. “I want you here.” She smiles a little, “I’m sorry about Alex.” I look up at her but she is staring at our feet, “Ally, it is fine. I overreacted. It’s not like anything happened. I understand, really I do. You are beautiful and gorgeous and sweet, it would be if a guy didn’t want to be with you. “I brush her cheek and stare in her eyes, “plus if anyone saw how great a mom you are they would be in awe.” Leaning down I kiss here cheek, “I am not mad at you darling. I know I hurt you and I am truly sorry for that. You just wanted someone to care and he was there.” Nodding she looks down, “you may be a jerk sometimes but you are a great guy.” Smiling I pull her hand, “Enough serious talk, let’s have some fun.”