I can't do this.

Alex was the one waking me up. I rolled over mad and he laughs. “Chill baby girl, I just came to tell you that Aubrey is up. I seen her standing in her crib when I walked by.” I nod and get up and throw my robe on over my nightgown and walk to my daughters room. “Hey baby girl. Why didn’t you wake me up?” ‘I hope I didn’t go over my line.” I turn around with my daughter on my hip smiling up at Alex, “Not at all. Thank you for waking me up.” We walk downstairs and I cook waffles. Alex walks in as I am sitting the plate on the table, “I love waffles. These smell so good.” We all sit down and eat. Aubrey is laughing and while I feed myself I am also feeding her the baby food.  “Oh my god, Ally these waffles are amazing.” I smile, “Thank you.”

I have cleaned the kitchen and fed Aubrey so I walk into the living room with her on my hip to only find Alex on the couch. “Have you seen Austin?” Alex turns around and shakes his head, “Sorry no.” I smile and walk to his music room but no Austin. I try upstairs and still no Austin. I walk outside but he is no where to be found. Sighing I walk into the living room and set Aubrey on the floor. “You okay baby girl?” I look up to see Alex with concern in his eyes. “Yeah, I just can’t find Austin. I wanted to get a shower.” He smiles, “Go get a shower, I got her.” My eyes light up, “You sure?” Smiling he nods his head, “Of course. Go shower, she will be okay.” Getting up excited I throw my arms around his neck in a hug and bounce up the stairs.

Dressed in skinny jeans and a floral tank top with my hair done and a little make up I feel so much better. Looking in the mirror for the first time since I had Aubrey I feel pretty. Slipping on my flip flop I walk down the steps to find Alex singing to Aubrey and I stop to admire it. I start to clap when he is done and he blushes and gets up smiling. “She is a great kid.” “Thanks, she is awesome. I couldn’t of asked for a better one.” “You look very pretty today.” Smiling I give him a hug, “Thank you, I feel pretty today.” We decide to order Chinese and watch some movies.

We are on the third movie which happens to be Alex’s pick and it is A Nightmare on Elem Street and I am hiding in his arm and screaming at every jump. Alex is laughing his butt off when Freddy jumps out and I scream hiding into his arm. We hear a door slam and a clearing of a throat and look up to see Austin standing there mad. I jump up and hug him kissing him quickly. “Hey baby. Where were you?” he looks down at me quickly, “Work.” He looks back over at Alex who is back into the movie. I can see he is still and so I take him outside to sit by the pool. We have our feet in the water for about twenty minutes before he talks. “What was going on in there?” I smile, “Nothing we ordered food for lunch and watched some movies. We watched his pick of I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, and then we watched my pick of The Lucky One, Lastly we were on his pick of A Nightmare on Elem Street. “I look over to see him staring at the water, “I told him I didn’t like scary movies but he insisted. I got scared and hid.” He nods his head and turns back to me smiling, “Okay I trust you baby.” I smile and throw myself on him while he laughs and we end up kissing.

We walk back inside when he asks about Aubrey, I smile while taking him upstairs to see his daughter. We walk into the room and I see him smile. He walks over and kisses her cheek before coming back over to me, “She is beautiful. Thank you for her.” I smile and kiss him, “It wasn’t me. You helped.” We walk over to our room and he takes a quick shower and changes before we walk back downstairs to see the movie has just ended. Alex sees us come down and smile shyly, “Sorry man, I thought she was joking when she mentioned she didn’t like scary movies.” Austin shrugs, “It’s all good.” I look at him shocked as he walks over to Alex and sits on the couch with him. Wait what’s going on? Austin is being nice to Alex. He isn’t freaking out that I was hidden in Alex’s arm and he didn’t flip out. Also he showered we he came home that is not normal. I shrug it all off and walk over to my fiancée who is having a good day.

Since that day everything has been going great.  Alex and Austin have been getting along. There has been no drama and no issues. It has been great having Alex here and Austin being nice to him. Austin has been weird this week but I just keep shrugging it off. Austin still hasn’t helped with Aubrey but i take what I can get. I’ll take him being sweet and not helping then him being grumpy and helping.  Alex leaves tomorrow and I know I will miss him. It has been nice to have help with Aubrey and he has helped feed her and watch her so I can clean or shower.

I walk downstairs after my shower to find Alex holding Aubrey to me. I smile, “What’s wrong?” he looks sick, “I think she pooped.” I laugh and grab Aubrey from him to check and yes she did. Just as I am about to go upstairs the oven goes off saying that the pot roast is done. I found out earlier this week that Alex don’t do diapers and he can’t get food out of the oven cause he burns his hands. “AUSTIN!?!” I see the blond floppy hair out of the corner of my eye and turn with a smile, “Can you take and change Aubrey’s diaper so I can get the food.” He looks at me then Alex. “Why can’t he do it?”

 I start to get mad, “Alex is not her father. Come on Austin. Help me out for once.”  He looks up and goes to grab her, “Fine, Whatever.” I pull her back, “Austin, you should want to help. She is your only child.” He gets mad, “I said fine. Give me the kid.” My mouth must have dropped because I see Alex trying to get away. “She is not just a kid. I am tired of this. You never help. I have raised Aubrey these nine months without any help from you. You don’t get up in the middle of the night. You don’t feed her or change her. You do nothing.” I know I pushed it too far because I see Austin steaming, “I help with Aubrey. I just don’t do everything. I do what I can. I have been WORKING unlike you.” I know there is no shutting up now, “I’m sorry I can’t work because I am to busy taking care of OUR CHILD.” He looks down then back up at me, “You know what I can’t do this.” I soften and look up confused, “Can’t do what?” he gestures his hands between us, “This. I can’t do this.” I get mad again, “What take care of your child? Be here for your fiancée? What Austin, What can’t you do?” He gets mad again, “ALL OF IT. Okay.” He grabs his keys and heads to the door. I know I have tears flowing down my face but I don’t care. He stops and turns to me, “I’ll be at my apartment.” With that he shuts the door and I know I fell to the floor crying but after that everything was a blur.

I felt Aubrey leave my arms. I felt someone pick me up and put me on the couch. I heard someone put tea and food on the table.  I hear someone say good night and that everything would be okay.

The only thing I know for sure was that Austin just left me alone with our child.

 I don't want anyone to think I hate Austin or anything I don't. I just have a plan and this is part of it. I hope you like it.
I read the comments from the last chapter and I want to say thank you so much. I love comments they make my day. I love seeing what you guys think about the story.
Comment and vote.
1babyt.