Dont make me regret this.

I get out and sigh. Great, this is just great. I don’t want no more fighting.  Austin comes and stand next to me and then Alex’s jeep door opens and he steps out. He puts his hands up in a surrender sign, “I am not here to fight or cause anything.”  Austin pulls me to him and I sigh, well this is starting off great.

“Austin, I swear. I am not here to cause anything.” Austin growls, “Then what do you want?” Alex drops his hands and sighs, “I came to get my cell phone. I left it in the house.” Austin releases his tight grip on me and I sigh. “Alex, come on. Let’s get your phone.” He walks closer and stops in front of us. He looks between us and sighs. “Austin, I am so sorry. I never should have said those things…” Austin puts his hand up, “I am sorry too but I am not taking back anything I said because quite frankly I meant it all and I am done being walked all over.”

Alex steps back and raises his hands again and smiles, “ I am not taking anything back either. It was a long time coming.” Austin smiles an little and nods, “Yeah it was.” Well this is going better than I thought. “Okay, so cell phone?” Alex smiles, “OH yeah.” We all walk into the house and Alex rushes over to the living room table and picks up his phone and slips it in his pocket.

He stops and turns to us, “Ally, I am not asking for forgiveness because I know what I did was wrong. However like I told you before, I am always here for you and those babies.” Austin looks between us and sighs. HE walks over to the couch and sits down rubbing his temples.

I walk over and sits next to him, “Are you okay Austin?” He nods and looks up sighing, “I can’t believe I am about to say this but… Alex, I can’t forgive what you said to me just like I don’t expect you to forgive what I said to you… However, I am going to be gone for three months and i…. I need someone to watch out for Ally.”

I look at him and he pulls me closer to him and kisses my temple. “You were right that you need some help. I would rather someone Aubrey trusts help you then a stranger.” I shake my head and whisper, “Austin I can figure it out. I will make it work, you don’t have to do this.”  He shakes his head and looks at Alex, “ I do not like you. I do not trust you. However I trust you with Ally and my kids. I know you would never let anything hurt them.  So, Alex will you watch out for my daughter, unborn son and Ally.”

Alex looks between us confused. “Umm, I…I don’t think this is such a good idea. I mean, Me and you are not on great terms and I don’t…” “Alex, will you do it or not?!” He looks between us then sighs, “Yes, I will do it.” Austin nods and then leans back on the couch, “Cool, no sleeping over because like I said I don’t trust you. You come only if Ally needs help with the house or Aubrey. You can take her to the doctor if she needs you too. Do I make myself clear?” Alex nods, “Perfectly. I am stealing your fiancée. I wouldn’t do that.” Austin looks over to me, “Are we good?” I nod.

Austin nods and stands up, “Alex, this does not mean we are friends.” Alex nods, “ I get it.” Austin nods and looks at us, “I swear, I am trusting both of you. Don’t make me regret this.” Alex looks at Austin right in his eyes and swallows, “Austin, I love you fiancée with everything I have. I have loved her and I probably always will. You are Ally’s one but she is mine. I just want her to be happy whether it is with you or me. I told her when we broke up that whatever makes her happy will make me happy and I hate to admit this but you make her happy.  I will never steal her, I will never take her away, If Ally ever comes to me then I want it to be her doing it on her own. I will not do anything that I haven’t done in months. I am going to be her best friend and be there for her, like I have been all along. I will be like the guy I was when you were gone the first time. I am going to help her and be there for her like a friend. I love Ally but I know she doesn’t love me and I am accepting that. I promise you that nothing will happen.”

Austin looks at me with wide eyes and then looks at Alex.  He swallows and nods, “Umm… Well thanks for sharing everything. I appreciate it. I am holding you to that promise. Alex, you have never let me down until today. That was both of our faults but you have never let me down over Ally or Aubrey. You have my number and I expect calls if anything goes wrong or anything I mean it.” Alex smiles a little, “I will call if anything happen Austin. I promise.”

Austin smiles and nods, “Well I am going to bed, good night.” He walks up the stairs and I hear the door squeak as he pushes it closed some but not all the way.

I stand up and look at Alex and shake my head, “I swear…” He shakes his head, “Ally, I know okay, I know. I promise nothing is going to happen. I am going to be your best friend that I have always been, that is it. I don’t want you or Austin mad at me. You guys are my best friends and my family.”  I nod and walk him to the door before sighing and hugging him, “ I am with Austin and we will all work on forgiving each other together, but it is not going to just happen. ” He smiles and squeezes me before leaving.

I lock the door and walk upstairs and put on Austin’s shirt he laid out for me and climb into bed. I lean over and kiss him. “Night Austin, thank you.”  He shakes his head, “It was for my mental health too, so don’t thank me.” I nod and lay down, “I trust you Ally don’t make me regret this.”