Everything.

I look at my radio where his name is going across the screen. I make the turn onto my street and cough, “Are you serious?” He sighs, “Yes, Ally I can’t let nothing happen to you or that baby. I would never forgive myself.” I pull into the driveway and sigh, “Austin, are you sure? I haven’t even talked to him in a month and it will be awkward because he doesn’t want to be anywhere near me because he is afraid of ruining the trust.” I hear a long sigh, “Ally, chill. I will talk to him. Yes, I think he should be there until I get home because someone needs to help you and you need to relax.” I look and see his jeep coming this way. “Fine, but he is about to pull in.” “Okay, I will call him in a few. I love you.” “yeah yeah, I love you too. Bye.”

Hanging up I see Alex getting out and coming this way. I get out and he looks at my belly shocked, “Wow, you have gotten bigger.” I laugh, “That is umm.” He rubs his neck, “Sorry, I didn’t think.” I shake my head laughing and open the back door. “She is still asleep so can you just take her to her room?” He nods and reaches in getting her out and follows me while I unlock the door.

Closing the door I see him take her upstairs and I go and sit on the couch.

I hear the stairs and turn and see Alex come this way. He sits next to me and turns. “How was the appointment?” I nod, “He is looking great.” He nods and turns. “Ally, I really didn’t mean to offend you last time. I just don’t want to upset Austin. It really is not fair to him and he is giving me another chance and I like that.” I smile and laugh, “Austin, will be calling you soon.” He looks at me shocked, “For what?” I shrug, “He has a favor to ask you.” He looks at me then when I don’t answer him he looks at the tv. His phone starts going off and he looks at the screen and looks at me, “Get it.” He nods and walks away.

I get up and walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water and hear him, “Umm.” “Yeah.” “This seems weird.” “Well.” “You know I do.” I shake my head and walk back to the couch and grab the blanket off the back and wrap up in it and turn putting my legs up on the couch. I grab the remote and put on How I Met Your Mother.

I am laughing at Barney trying to get with a girl. “Ally?” I turn and see Alex standing at the end of the couch. I motion for him to sit and he lifts my legs and put them across him. “SO Austin asked me to stay with you until he gets home.” I nod, “Yeah he is worried about me and the baby.” Alex tilts his head confused, “The baby is turning. The doctor is worried he is going to come early because he seems to be getting in position. Austin is worried because she wants me to relax and if it was her to stay in bed for a couple weeks and take it easy.” He nods and looks around, “Wow.” I nod, “So that is why he wanted to know if you would stay here to watch out for me and help with Aubrey.”

Alex turns and smiles, “I already told him I will.” I smile, “Thank you Alex.” He shrugs, “It is nothing. I can’t see Katy, so I have nothing to do anyway.” I frown, “Why can’t you see Katy?” He shrugs, “Bree took her to Europe and I wont be able to see her for awhile.” I nod and turn, “Sorry.” He shrugs, “Its okay. So I am going to be here for almost two months, I need to go get some stuff do you want me to get dinner?”

I nod quickly, “SO hungry.” He laughs and shakes his head, “How did I not remember this from Aubrey?” I laugh and shake my head, “I don’t know.”  He looks at me and sighs, “Ally, I don’t want this to be Awkward at all.” I nod, “Me either. I just want us to be friends again, like we use to.” He nods, “Get everything out in the open?” I nod and smile, “Alex, I will always be attracted to you, I mean hello look at you but I love Austin and no matter if anything happens with us or not, he is and will always be my one and only. You nice and sweet and maybe in another life but my heart is taken and I cant change that.”

Alex smiles a little and nods. “I understand completely. I know Austin is your one but like I said before you are my one. I know we can’t be together but that doesn’t mean I wish, hope and dream that it would change. That something would happen and I would not always be your rebound and be your first choice but I know I am stupid to think like that because it will never happen. I know this. I keep thinking maybe one day just one day… Ally, you are amazing, nice, smart, kind, caring, beautiful and a great mother.  I hope one day I can find someone even half as great as you but even if I do Ally, she will never be you. No one will ever be you. “

I look at him and then down at my lap. What do I say to that? He sighs, “Ally, I am only going to say this one more time to get it all out in the open so I can move on. I love you. I have loved you from the first time I saw you and I have fallen more and more in love with you every day. What we shared, I will never forget but I know it was crazy and stupid. I meant what I said in that letter. I love you and even though it is not me you choose, I want you to be happy. I will be happy if you are happy. I see you so happy with Austin and having another one of his kids. I don’t care what I feel or anything. I am going to move on from you because I will not get in the way of your happiness.” He smiles at me and leans in kissing my forehead. “It is all out and its done. I promise Ally. No more. I am not going to interfere, we can go back to how it was before everything.”

I smile and lean up kissing his cheek, “Thank you Alex, and you will find some great and amazing and she will be ten times better than me and you will remember how crazy this all was. I promise, she is out there just waiting for you.” He smiles and nods, “Thanks. I am going to go pack and get dinner. I will be back soon and we can get this sleepover started.”

I laugh and push him off the couch. “Go, I am hungry.” He laughs and heads to the door, “Wait, I want movies.” He laughs and nods, “Well of course. I will be back, just relax and take it easy. Read or something.” With one more laugh he closes the door and I lean back in the couch feeling a great deal of relief and stress released. Everything can go back to being normal.