The scare.

They both are just staring at me. Then Ally stands up, “You have no right. You cheated on me and you think you can come yell at me for being tired and falling asleep. BEING PREGNANT WITH YOUR KID MADE ME TIRED!! I fell asleep. ATLEAST I DIDN’T CHEAT ON SOMEONE WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO BE MY FIANCEE!!” I step back because I have never seen Ally like this. It is scary. Alex looks scared too. He looks between me and her, “Wait, you cheated on Ally? That is why she ran?” We both nod. Ally is staring me down and I can’t seem to move.  I walk closer and grab her hand at first she pulls it away. I sigh and try again this time she lets me hold it. “Ally, I know you are mad and you should be. I know you probably hate me and you should. I know I need to leave the house and I will. I know you will probably break up with me and call off the engagement and you should. I just really want to be in this baby’s life. Don’t deny me that. I love you and this baby so much. I want you both in my life. You may not want to be in mine but please don’t take my baby away too.”  She sits down on the cornor of the bed. I let her take all the time she wants. I am just kneeling and holding her hand. I can see she is having a hard time deciding what to say. She is breathing hard, probably trying to control herself.

“Austin, I don’t know what to say or feel right now. I want you in this baby’s life. You are her dad.  About us however I don’t know. I still love you but I am so upset and angry at you at the same time. I think you are right and that you should move back in with your parents for right now. I am not breaking up with you but I am saying we take a pause.” I am nodding the whole time this seems very reasonable.

She gets up and brings me with her, “Austin, I just want to know why.” I look down and back up, “Ally, I don’t have a reason. I love you with everything I have. You are my life and the reason I get up. We were meeting to get to know each other because the record company wants us to do a duet. We had so much in common and she leaned in. I stopped and thought about you and this baby.” I put my hand on her stomach, “But I don’t know what happened. I kissed her and I ruined everything by doing that.” She looks down, “Was that the first time you met her?” I lift her chin so she is looking at me, “Ally, yes. I never meant to hurt you. I have never cheated on you before that moment.” She nods then all of a sudden pain is evident on her face and she screams out while doubling over.

I get worried and scared, “Ally, what is going on? Ally, talk to me. Is it you? The baby, what?” Alex is at her side in seconds and we are helping her to the bed. “What’s wrong?” Ally looks scared herself. “I don’t know. This happened the first time in the park, then a couple times in the jeep, then in the shower, but nothing like this one.” I hear footsteps running up the stairs. “Alex, is everything okay?” “Mom, what’s wrong with her? She has these burst of pain in her stomach and they have been happening a little but this one really hurt her. What is wrong?” She comes over to Ally, “Honey, Have they been getting worse?” She nods, “Okay, boys get her to one of your cars. Take her to the hospital now. No stops, I mean it. No fighting just get her there as quickly as possible. I will call and let them know you are on your way.” We all look scared at one another. “Boys, GO NOW!” Alex grabs my keys that are on the floor and I grab Ally. We make it to my car and Alex is taking us to the hospital since he knows which one his mom called. I am in the backseat with Ally’s head on my lap. 

“Ally, what is wrong?” She looks worried, “I don’t know.”  I stroke her hair, “Everything will be alright. I promise.” She nods and turns her head away from me. I really hope everything is going to be okay.

We arrive at the hospital and I grab Ally to carry her in but a wheel chair is coming out the door. “Here sir, put her in here. Alex, your mom called we have a room ready.” We all walk with Ally and the nurse. “Okay who is the dad?” I raise my hand. “Okay, Alex you stay out here.” “Austin, grab my hand please.” I grab Ally’s hand and we go into a room.  I put Ally on the table gently. They are asking her questions and checking her blood pressure, her heart beat, the baby’s heart beat. This is scary. “Austin, can you leave for a second, I need to check Ally.” I look at her and then back to the doctor, “Umm, okay.” I walk out of the room and slop on the wall. I really hope everything it okay. A couple minutes later I hear the door open and the doctor come out, “Okay, you can go back in.” I nod and walk back in. “Ally, what happened?” The nurse looks at Ally then me. “You want to tell him or the doctor?” Ally motions to the doctor. “Well, Sir. It is okay now. Don’t be scared. She threw herself into premature labor. We were able to stop it and the baby is content now. Ally is fine and the baby is fine.” I nod, “So, Ally can go home?” The doctor nods, “Let’s give the shot some time to fully take effect and then yes you can go.” “The baby is going to be okay right?” she smiles, “Yes she is perfectly fine now. She was scared too.” I nod and the doctor and nurse leave.

I walk over to the bed and grab Ally’s hand. “Are you okay Ally?” She smiles up at me, “Yeah. I was so scared. I thought I was losing her. I am glad you were here with me.” I smile back at her, “I was terrified Ally. I am glad I was here too.” I sit in the chair and just hold her hand. The nurse comes in with papers and tells me we can leave. Ally looks scared. “Austin, I don’t want to be alone tonight. Can you stay over?” I try to hide my smile, “If you want me too I will.” She nods and grabs my hand and we leave. Alex found out from the nurse what happened so he hugged Ally as soon as we came out. “I am so glad you two are okay.” She smiles. We head back to Alex’s house. He gets out and tells us bye and to be careful. I get in the front and drive to our house.

We enter the house and Ally goes straight upstairs to the bedroom. I follow and see her go in her closet. I sit on the bed and wait. She comes out in baggy pajama pants and a old t-shirt of mine. She has pulled her hair up in a bun. I smile when I see her. “Ally, have I ever told you how beautiful you look naturally?” She blushes and looks down, “Oh, and Ally?” She looks up at me giving me her full attention, “Have I every told you how beautiful and sexy you look in my shirt?” she blushes more and starts to bite her lip. I pull her towards the bed and lay her down. I get off though and grab my pillow and the blanket on the bottom of the bed. “You rest Ally. I will be in the guest bedroom if you need me.” I start to leave but I feel something grab my wrist so I stop. “Austin, please stay.” I look down, “Ally, I think I shouldn’t” She looks down, “Okay then.” I feel bad at how she looks so upset and broken. I sigh, “Okay, I will stay.” Smiling she pulls me on the bed and snuggles up with me. “I am still scared. After tonight we will talk. I just want you here with me and her right now.” I nod, “I understand. Sweet dreams Ally. I love you.” “Night Austin.”