James Sirius Potter x Reader ~ cheating

Requested by: evagranger101!

Sorry it took a while, I'm going to try to catch up with my oneshots!

Enjoy!

-

You walked into the Gryffindor common room, trying to find your boyfriends James. You had been dating for almost a year now and he was the sweetest boyfriend you ever had. Your were wondering where he could be.

'James...' you heard a girl calling from his room followed by a grin and silence.

He was up there. You slowly walked upstairs to his room. The closer you got the clearer you heard whispering. You stopped at his door and opened it.

'James, I wa-'

You stopped in shook as you saw James laying on his bed, without his shirt, snogging one of your best friends Lara.

'Eva... it's not what you think.' James immediatly said.

'You're cheating on me?!' You asked while tears came up in your eyes. 'With my best friend?!'

'Okay, it might look like that but-' Lara started.

'But what?! You're snogging my boyfriend... excuse me... ex- boyfriend.'

'Please just let me explain!' James yelled but you already left his room.

Well two years of your relationship gone. You ran out of the common room while tears rolled down your cheeks.

That was about a week ago, now you were just around your other best friend Tiffany. She tried to make you happy again. It was no point crying about him anyways. You had been avoiding and ignoring him and you were planning on doing that for a very long time.

'You have to talk to him at some point.' Tiffany spoke. 'Don't you want an explanation?'

'No, he cheated on me... that's the explanation.' You sighed.

'Eva, that's not what I meant. Don't you want to know why he cheated on you?'

'No thank you.' You sighed. 'It'll only offend me.'

You walked into the great hall and tried to sit as far away from James as you could. You grabbed some food and chatted with Tiffany.

-

'You're staring at her again.' Lara spoke to James. 'It's very creepy. She's your ex.'

'So? I want her back..'

'She found out James... just give up. She'll never forgive you.'

'Who says that?! If she would just let me explain.'

'What are you going to say to her? "I'm so sorry I cheated on you with your best friend, please come back to me. I could have her but I don't want to because I'm an arse?" You can't say that to her!'

James looked at her and raised his brows.

'Thank you for so gently giving your opinion off me.'

'No problem.' Lara sighed.

James continued to look at him. How could he have been so stupid... why did it seem like a good idea to make out with Lara? No-one will find out she said... well she was wrong.

After dinner you got up to go to the common room. You walked through the corridor, everyone already left. You waited just a little longer so you'd miss James.

'Eva... please... wait!'

Well that didn't work. You sighed and started walking faster.

'Eva please...'

'Stay away from me.' You sighed as you started walking faster.

'Eva!'

You then started running. You ran through the corridors. James tried to catch up. You ran into the corridor upto the girls dorm and you closed your door. Tiffany looked at you.

'What are you doing?' She asked.

'James... he was... stalking me...' you panted.

'This is insane... just talk to the guy. My gosh.' She sighed.

'It's not that easy... I really liked him... I loved him and he just kissed another girl as if he could replace me.'

'Then at least listen to what he has to say. He might have a great explanation.'

'There is never a great explanation for cheating on someone.'

'What about the old: she kiss me?'

'Excuses.' You sighed and you dropped yourself on your bed.

You rubbed your eyes before staring at the ceiling. You sighed.

The next day you sat at the lake. Trying to get your thoughts in order. You stared at the beautiful water. The wind made tiny waves and the trees moved in the wind.

'Y/N, don't freak out... I brought someone who'd love to talk to you.'

You looked up and saw Tiffany. She stepped aside and James stood behind her.

'I'm not doing this Tiffany. I told you.'

'Just... why don't you listen to him? I don't know if he has a good explanation, but you can't keep ignoring him.'

Tiffany walked away. You looked at James and then back at the lake. James slowly sat down. You moved away from him, leaving at least a meter between the two of you.

'Could I maybe...'

'No.'

'You didn't even listen.'

'I don't want to listen to your excuses.'

James sighed. You played with the grass.

'Is there anything you want to say to me?' James asked.

You looked at him.

'2 years... we've been together for 2 years and then you just kissed another girl as if I could have been replaced! I loved you James! How could you do something like this to me?! With my best friend...'

A tear rolled down your cheek. You wiped it away and looked him straight in the eye

'I have no idea what was wrong with me... I should have never done it! I can't replace you Eva. I love you...'

'If you loved me you wouldn't have kissed her.' You stated and you swallowed.

James sighed and looked at the grass.

'Please... I don't know what happened... all I know is that I regret it so much.'

'I don't know if this will ever be okay James.' You sighed while moving your hand through your hair.

'I'm not asking for that... not right now. Can we at least talk to each other again? We don't even have to be friends... just stop ignoring me... it's driving me insane.'

'James... you deserve to be ignored.'

'Come on Eva...'

You looked at him and got up.

'I'll think about it.'

James passed you a small smile. You walked away from the lake...