Harry x selectively mute!abused!reader ~ finding out

Requested by: Zoie1929

Enjoy!
-

You walked back to Hogwarts, already wearing your robes. There was talking and laughter around you. All you could say was that you were happy to be back.

'Hi Y/N!'

You looked up and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione. Harry was your best friend.. But lately you felt different towards him. You never really spoke to Hermione or Ron.. Or anyone else. You only talked to people you trusted. That was only Harry and Dumbledore.

It was your own choice to be selectively mute. You didn't want anyone to hear you talk. It could only make your situation worse. What if people would make fun of your voice? Or what if you said something stupid?

'How was your Christmas?' Harry asked.

You looked around a bit. You just shrugged and continued walking. What you actually wanted to tell him was that it was horrible. Like every other holiday. Your parents would bring down your confidence even more. Abusing you almost every day. Your first few days at Hogwarts was just you worrying about all the bruised you had. You didn't want anyone to see them.

You were abused because you were a wizard and they were not. Jealous muggles, horrible people. Around your friends they were a delight.. that was the problem.

Harry knew you didn't really like talking around other people.. But he didn't know why. You never told him. It was not that you didn't trust him. You trusted him more then anyone. You were just afraid that he wouldn't believe you.

'You never talk much.. do you?' Hermione asked you.

Hermione never said anything about it. She was just wondering if you even knew how to talk.

You didn't answer and got into a carriage. Harry got in with you, sending Hermione and Ron away. It was a big carriage but he wanted to share it with you alone. So you could have a talk. The carriages started moving. You looked around and took a deep breath.

'Are you sure you're okay? After every holiday you seem to get more depressed.'

'I'm fine Harry. Really.' You said while trying to work up a smile.

'I don't believe you. You start to talk less every year. We're in fifth year now Y/N.'

'That's my own choice Harry. I told you.'

'You told me that you chose who you talk to. In five years you narrowed it down to me and Dumbledore. What about Neville? What did he do? Or Luna? You used to talk to her. Ginny?'

'It's my choice.' You repeated.

You hated to talk about it. You just stared at the surroundings, avoiding Harry's worrying look.

'You know I'm asking you because I care.. right?' Harry asked you.

'I know Harry. You don't have to be worried about me. I'm fine. I just hate talking to people.'

The carriage stopped and you got out. You walked towards the great hall. Harry hurried over to you. He wanted to say something else. He grabbed your wrist. You froze on the stop. You turned around and when you saw Harry you pulled your wirst back.

'Don't touch me.' You said before turning back.

You walked into the great hall and sat down. You looked at the food but you weren't really hungry.

'Aren't you going to eat?' Harry asked while filling his plate.

You shrugged and stared at the table. People around you started eating. You saw Dumbledore looking at you.

'You should eat something Y/N.' Hermione said.

You shook your head with a sigh.

'Why not?' Hermione asked.

You looked at her.

'Hermione let it go.' Harry sighed.

'Can't I ask her a question?' She asked. 'It's what people do in this world. Ask questions.'

You sighed and got up. You didn't want to do this. You walked out of the great hall. Harry hurried after you.  You walked into the common room and took of your robes. You walked towards the girls dorm.

'Y/N.. are you bleeding?'

You stopped on the stairs and stopped. Harry looked at your blouse. There was blood on the back of it. You didn't know it was on the blouse until he said it.

'What happened? Are you okay?'

'I'm fine. Leave me alone.'

Harry ran towards you and grabbed your wrist. You looked at him. He pulled you down and turned you around.

'What happened?' He asked again. 'Take it off and let me see.'

'You're insane! I'm not going to take of my blouse for you!'

Harry ran his hands past your back. You gasped in pain and closed your eyes. Harry turned you around again. He saw the tears of pain in your eyes. You knew he found out now..

'This isn't normal Y/N.. please let me see. Maybe I can help you.'

You sighed. You wanted to tell him. Maybe it was best if he knew. You turned around and opened your blouse. You took it off revealing your scared and bruised back and arms. You covered your chest with your blouse. Harry was shocked when he saw it.

'Y/N..'

'Don't say anything.. I know.' You chocked.

'Who did this?' He asked you.

'My parents..'

You were relieved that you told him. Rears started running down your face. You couldn't covered it back up. You turned back to Harry and he pulled you into a hug.

'Why didn't you tell me? This is very serious! You could have come with us this holiday.'

'I thought you wouldn't believe me. My parents are different around my friends.' You cried.

You tried to calm yourself down a bit. Harry kissed the top of your head. It helped. Harry let you go.

'I want to help you. You're not going back to them. I'll take care of you. You can stay with me. I promise.'

You wiped your tears away.

'Thank you.' You said.

'If I wouldn't help you I'd be a terrible person.'

You gave him another hug.

'Go get changed before everyone comes back.'

You nodded and walked upstairs.