Tom riddle x reader ~ avoiding

It was kinda cliche but so fun to write and it's legit like 1490 words so here you have a nice treat xD

Requested by: SoUlLeSs_InSaNiTy

Enjoy!
-

You looked at your best friend sitting opposite of you. Tom Riddle. Lately you couldn't help but stare at him. You didn't know why.

He looked up from his plate and his eyes met yours. You smiled at him right away and he smiled back at you.

'What?' He asked.

'Nothing.' You grinned while taking a bite from your food.

'Then why are you looking at me like that?'

'Like what?' You asked.

'I don't know. There's something in your eyes I can't define.' He grinned.

Something in your eyes? Was it possible for people to see your emotions through your eyes.

'Anyways, did you finish the DADA homework assignment?' He asked.

'You didn't make it?' You asked while raising your brows.

'That possibility exists.'

'I'll give it to you after breakfast.'

'You're the best.' He smiled.

That actually made you blush a little.

'Hi Tom.'

You looked back up and saw one of Toms other friends. Her name was Tina and you overheard that she had a crush on him.

'Hi Tina.' Tom smiled.

She hugged him and he hugged her back. It actually made you feel.. jealous? What was wrong with you? Tina sat down besides Tom.

'Tom, I heard you're looking for the DATA assignment. Here's mine.' Tina said before handing it to him.

'Thank you.' He smiled.

'No problem.' She said while laying her hand on his arm.

You had a problem. You really.. Really liked Tom. You were even jealous. This couldn't happen to you. You had to make sure this went away.

As soon as you realised you liked him you felt butterflies when you looked at him. This was bad..

-

You hadn't spoken to Tom in like 5 days. You were afraid that you'd mess something up. You were avoiding him. As soon as he walked into the same corridors as you did you just ran away. It was horrible to do but you had to.. You didn't want to lose him.

'You have to talk to him.' Yourother friend Emma spoke.

'I can't.' You said. 'I don't want him to find out. I don't want to ruin what we have.. He means a lot to me.'

'If you keep avoiding him he'll think you're angry at him. That he did something wrong. You are ruining your friends by doing this.'

'Just shut up okay. It's not like you know how I feel about this. I'm making the fight decision! So I would appreciate it if yo-'

'Y/N.'

You turned around and your eyes met Tom's. You felt heat spread across your body and the butterflies were back. You took a tiny step back.

'H-Hi Tom.' You said.

'Did I.. do something?' He asked.

'What? No.. why?'