Neville x reader ~ I really messed up

Hey! 2 oneshots for you all today! I wanted to write more but I spend my time also writing for my others books so I'm actually able to update all of them today.

Requested by: GatraMoon

Enjoy!
-

'Don't worry about it.' Harry said.

Neville tore his eyes away from you and looked at him.

'She'll say yes. I'm sure about it.'

'I don't think I can ask her.' Neville said. 'Y/N is too good for me. She won't say yes to someone like me.'

You helped Neville a few times before. During the unforgivable curses class and when he thought he killed Harry during the swim challenge. He really liked you but he was afraid that you wouldn't like him.

'She told me she really wants someone to ask her to the yule ball. It's not as if she's asked yet.'

'Still.. what if she thinks I overreact all the time?'

'She's the one who helps you. She won't think that.'

Neville sighed and looked at you again.

'He's staring.' Hermione said.

'What? Who?' You asked right away.

'Neville.'

You casually looked over your shoulder. He looked away right away. You looked back at Hermione. She smirked.

'I think he's going to ask you.' Hermione said.

'What? Really?' You asked with a small blush.

'Someone has a crush.' Hermione teased.

You playfully pushed her. She laughed and smiled at your afterwards.

'You two would be cute together. I hope he asks you. You deserve each other.' Hermione smiled.

'I can't do it.'

Harry looked at Neville and sighed.

'It's not that difficult. Walk towards her and ask her! I'm sure she'll say yes.'

'I can't do it when you judge me.' He sighed.

'Alright, I'll go.'

Harry looked at Hermione and signalled that they had to leave.

'I'll get going Y/N. I'll talk to you later.' Hermione said before walking away. Neville took a deep breath. You turned around and watched him approach you. Your heart was beating fast and you felt your cheeks heat up. Was he going to ask you?

Ginny then past you two. Neville looked at her. Who was he kidding? You weren't going to say yes. You were too good for him. He couldn't ask you.

'Ginny.' He said.

Your heart sank a little when he said her name. You watched him walk towards her. You slowly followed him.

'Hi Neville.' Ginny smiled. 'What's up?'

'I was wondering if you wanted to go to the yule ball with me.'

Ginny seemed a little surprised. You took a few steps back. He asked Ginny.. He liked Ginny..  You were stupid to think that he'd like you.

'Of course.' Ginny smiled.

Tears got up in your eyes. You turned around and walked away. Your heart just broke into a million pieces. Hermione and Harry watched you approach. They saw the hurt and the tears in your eyes. You wanted to pass them but Hermione grabbed your arm.

'What's wrong?' She asked.

'Neville doesn't like me. He likes Ginny. I thought he was going to ask me but he asked Ginny.. and she said yes.' You choked.

Harry didn't understand how Neville could ruin this. On the other hand.. it was Neville. Before he could say anything you pulled your arm away and walked away. They saw you head towards the common room.

'I really thought Neville was into her. How could I have been so wrong?' Hermione sighed. 'I gave her false hope.'

'No. You were right. Neville told me he likes her. How does he ruin everything every time! It was easy!' Harry exclaimed.

He balled his fists and walked into the corridor.

'Harry!' Hermione yelled while running after him.

Harry grabbed Neville by the back of his robes and dragged him away from Ginny. They turned around the corner and he let him go. Neville looked at the angry faces of Hermione and Harry.

'How can you ask a other girl to the yule ball while Y/N is standing next to you?!' Harry hissed.

'I was going to ask her but I couldn't. She would have never said yes!'

'She would have! She has a crush on you Neville!' Hermione hissed. 'She almost cried. She thinks you're in love with Ginny.'

'Oh god... I really messed up, didn't I?'

'That's not a new thing! This is outrageous Neville! You better go comfort her! She helps you all the time, She never judged you and you think that she won't like you.. she's head over heels in love with you. So you better fix this!' Hermione hissed.

'Alright.. alright.. but what do I do about Ginny.. I asked her and she said yes. I don't want to hurt her.'

'We'll take care of it. Just go.' Harry said.

Neville immediately hurried towards the common room. The common room was empty. Everyone was about to go to class or had a free period to enjoy outside.

You sat there on the couch, softly sobbing. When you heard someone come in your quickly tried to stay quiet and you wiped your tears away.

'Y/N..'

You immediately recognised his voice. You didn't looked at him.

'Hey Neville.' You said trying to sound happy.

'Are you okay?' He asked.

'Yeah I'm fine.' You said.

'Don't lie to me.' He said while sitting down besides you.

Neville reached for your chin and forced you to look at him. He then saw the damage he caused. He saw your red poofy eyes, your wet cheeks and your watery eyes.

'Talk to me.' He said. 'You always help me. I bet I can help you too.'

'It's nothing.. Just a guy.. He asked someone else to the Yule ball while I wanted to go with him..' You sniffed. 'It's stupid to think that he'd like me.'

You tore your head away from his hand.

'You know.. maybe this guy you're taking about thought the exact same thing. Thay he wasn't good enough for you. That a girl as amazing as you would never like him.'

You looked back at him and didn't say anything.

'Y/N.. I know that it's me.' He said.

'Oh god.. listen Neville I know it's stupid and that were friends and I'm so sorry I never meant to fall for you but I-'

'Don't apologise.' He smiled. 'I just didn't dare to ask you.' He said. 'I thought you'd laugh and say no. I didn't know you like me this much.'

You smiled.

'Why would I think that? You're amazing.'

Neville blushed a little.

'Do you want to go to the ball with me?' He asked.

You smiled and hugged him. Neville hugged you back.

'Of course.' You smiled. 'I'd love to.'