Draco x reader ~ I don't want to

I got 2 oneshots for you all today x

Requested by: Amber_Lily_Potter

Enjoy!
-

'No I don't want to.' You sighed.

'Y/N, come on. Don't be like this.' Hermione said while pushing your dress into your hands.

Your parents send it over for the Yule ball but you didn't want to go. No one asked you and you were tired. But Hermione was forcing you to go.

'Go on. Put it on.'

You sighed and got up. You walked into o the bathroom and put on the dress. You walked out and Hermione zipped it.

'You look amazing.' She smiled. 'Come on. Don't over think it. We're going.'

You let her drag you out of the common room towards the great hall. You couldn't believe you were doing this. You saw everyone walking with their dates and smiling and holding hands. It made you want to throw up. Hermione walked down the stairs. Krum was waiting there for her. Harry and Ron were also standing there.

You looked past the students. Not one interesting person. You could just stay for the first dance and then leave. Then you had at least been there.  You walked down the stairs and walked into the great hall. You made sure that you blend in with the rest so not a lot of people would notice that you were alone. It was embarrassing.

Everyone started forming around the dance floor. The champions came in for the first dance. You applauded and watched them take a spot on the dance floor.

The music started and they all started dancing. Everyone was doing great.. although Harry wasn't the best dancer. He was very nervous.

You looked past the students and Draco caught your eye. He was looking at you. His Gray eyes looked into yours before you looked away. Why was he even staring at you.

More and more people joined in. You sighed and watched them dance across the dance floor. Why did Hermione want you to come? You weren't even having fun. You felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned to your side and saw Draco.

'Hey.' He smiled.

'Hey.'

You knew you weren't supposed to be talking to him. But you always found something interesting about him. Even though he bullied your friends. Maybe it were his amazing eyes or his special hair.

'You look great.' He smiled.

'So do you.' You blushed.

Draco looked around.

'Would You want to dance with me?' He asked you.

You didn't have a date.. You liked dancing.. Why not.

'Sure.' You shrugged.

Draco smiled and offered you his hand. He took you into the dance floor. More students joined in as well. Draco held you while leading you through the dance.

'Don't you have someone else who wants to dance with you?' Draco asked before spinning you around.

'No. I didn't even want to go.' You admitted.

'Why not?'

Draco lifted you up and put you down again. It actually made you smile.

'It's just sad for a girl to not have a date.'

'Who said that?'

'Society.' You answered.

Draco grinned. He pulled you a little closer and you both turned in a circle.

'Fuck society.' Draco laughed. 'It's not that big of a deal.'

You laughed at his comment. Draco smiled. He couldn't believe he actually had the nerve to ask you to dance with him. He kinda liked you. Something about you made him feel attracted to you.

'Everyone has been stressing out about getting a date and I don't even like this ball.'

'Same to be honest.'

The music stopped. Draco slowly let you go. You smiled a little at him.

'Do you still want to dance?' He asked you while looking at the stage.

You sighed and shrugged. It was nice to dance with Draco but you didn't want to anymore.

'Or do you want to get out of here?' He asked you.

'With you?' You asked.

'I mean.. only if you want.' He shrugged.

You smiled a little.

'Sure.'

You two started walking out of the group. You followed Draco back towards the stairs. You felt someone grab you wrist before you could leave. You turned around and saw Hermione.

'Where you going?' She asked you.

'Outside with Draco.'

Hermione looked at Draco and then back at you.

'Can I talk to you for a moment?'

You sighed and so did Draco. You walked with her for a moment. You stopped and looked at her.

'Draco? Seriously?' She asked you.

'You told me to come here and have fun. We danced and he's actually very nice. We both don't feel like staying here.' You said.

'Him is not what I meant when I said: have fun. Draco is not fun. He's an idiot and you know it.'

You crossed your arms and raised your brows.

'Just because you're always fighting with him doesn't mean that he is a bad person. He has been very nice to me and I just want to have fun tonight. Nothing is happening Hermione. Please just leave me alone. It's my business. Not yours.'

Hermione gave you a disappointed look before walking away. Your turned around to walk back to Draco who was actually waiting for you. He offered you his hand and helped you up the stairs so you wouldn't fall.

'Is everything okay?' He asked you.

'Yeah, just drama. Let's go.'