George x reader ~ misunderstanding

Requested by:Anonymous

Enjoy!
-

You were sitting the great hall. Hermione was sitting on the left besides you, Ron besides her. George was sitting next to your other side and Fred besides him. Harry was sitting next to Ron.

You tried to focus. What you had to do what's a huge challenge. You couldn't really focus with your crush sitting besides you. But you tried to ignore him.

'This is mad. At this rate we'll be the
only ones in our year without dates.' Ron said to you, Hermione and Harry.

Snape walked over to your table and he smacked Ron against his head with a book. You sighed and continued writing. Ron didn't speak until Snape was far away.

'Well, us and Neville!' Ron mumbled.

'But then again he can take himself.' Harry said.

'It might interest you to know that Neville's
already got someone.' Hermione told Ron.

Ron gasped in disbelieve.

'Now I'm really depressed.'

You saw George grin a bit. Fred passed a note to Ron. He read it and sighed. Fred then made a ball of a piece of parchment and threw it at Angelina. She looked up. He signed at her: Will you go to the Yule ball with me? She blushed and nodded.

You looked at your piece of writing. You were already done.. so was Hermione. You looked at George. You tapped him on his shoulder. He looked at you with a smile and made you blush.

'What's up?' He asked you.

'So.. I was thinking..  The Yule ball is coming up and I don't have anyone yet..  You don't have anyone yet..  so I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?'

You knew it wasn't really cool from a girl to ask a boy.. but who knew. When he wanted to answer, Snape hit you against your head.

'I won't be going alone because believe
it or not someone's asked me. And I
said yes.' Hermione hissed while getting up.

You got up and George watched you leave. He wanted to say yes.. but now you were gone. You handed in your paper and ran after Hermione. She sighed and stopped in the corridor.

'Who asked you?' You asked her.

She turned around and looked at you.

'Viktor Krum.' She said.

'Really?! That's amazing.' You smiled.

'Do you have a date yet?' Hermione asked you.

You then realised that George didn't answer you.

'No..  George didn't answer me..' You sighed.

'I'm sure he'll come back to it. Don't worry about it.' Hermione smiled.

That afternoon, one of your friends approached you. He wanted to ask you something.

'Hi Y/Fr/N (your friends name).' You smiled. 'What's up?' You asked him.

'I want to approach Emily.. to ask her to the ball.. but I don't know how.. You know her, right? Can you help me?' He asked you.

'Yes! That's amazing! Of course! I Can help you.' You smiled.

George had been looking all over for you. He saw you talking to him, a big smile on your face.. He looked at you two for a moment.

You grabbed your friends arm and started telling him in great enthousiam about what Emily liked at how he could ask her. But George completely misread what you were doing. He thought you were asked by him.. to go to the Yule ball. He sighed is disappointment and he turned around to walk away.

'Thank you!' Your friend said.

'No problem!' You smiled.

He immediately ran off to find Emily. You turned around and saw Ron. You hurried over to him.

'Ron, have you seen George?' You asked him.

'I think he and Fred went to the common room.'

'Thank you.' You smiled.

You hurried towards the common room and walked inside. When you came in your already saw Fred and George.

'George I jus-'

You stopped when you saw him happily talking to a friend of Angelina. You looked at them, laughing and talking.. and right there you had your answer. You quickly walked up to the girls dorm.

-

It was the night of the Yule ball. You were already a little late. Everybody already left and you had no date. It was sad for a girl to show up alone. You sighed and decided to go to the great hall.

You walked down to the common room and then towards the staircase. You walked into the great hall and everyone was already gathered on the dance floor, waiting for the champions. You joined the group and watched everyone come in.

They started dancing and you just watched. You saw Fred and George standing in the distance. Laughing and watching. The music was cheerful but you weren't happy at all. You just watched the champions dance and slowly more people joined in. But you weren't walking towards the centre. You decided to walk away.

You grabbed something to drink and watched as slowly the music stopped. Everyone slowly stopped and gathered near the stage where other music started playing. You sat down on one of the benches. Ron and Harry were also sitting down with their dates. George walked away from the crowd and looked at you. You didn't even see him. You just stared at the floor. You were so embarrassed. George sat down besides you. You looked at him.

'Where's your date?' He asked you.

'I don't have a date.' You said.

George looked at you in surprise.

'Then what about that guy.. Y/Fr/N.. yeah him.'

'He asked me how to ask his crush Emily. I was very happy for them. I didn't even want to go with him..' You explained. 'Where is your date?'

'I don't have a date..'

You looked at him.

'What about the friend from Angelina?'

'Her?! No way. I wouldn't even want to be with her.'

You then realised something.. and started laughing. George looked at you.

'What?' He asked.

'You didn't answer my question if you wanted to go with me because you thought I was going with Y/Fr/N And I didn't want to ask you again because I thought you were going with Angelina's friend.'

George looked at you and grinned.

'Yeah I guess so... so do you want to dance?' He asked you.

He got up and offered you his hand. You smiled and grabbed it. He took you to the dance floor. The rock music was changed for slow music.

George placed his hands on your waist and you placed your hands in his neck. You started dancing and you smiled at him.

'You look amazing by the way.'

'Thank you.' You blushed. 'You too.'

'You know.. I'm happy that you didn't find someone else.' George said.

"I'm happy you didn't go with someone else.' You grinned. 'It ask a lot from me too ask you.' You smiled.

'Realy?'

You nodded.

'You know.. if you wouldn't have gone away.. I would have said yes.'

A blush crossed your cheek.

'You know.. I like you.' George said. 'And I've been trying so hard to get out of the friendzone and it hasn't really been working.. I don't know if you feel the same.. but-'

'George.. I feel the same.. and I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that you like me too.' You smiled.

George smiled back at you and pulled you a little closer. He leaned in and pressed his lips against yours..