Scorpius x Reader ~ awkward meeting

Requested by: mvargas101!

I choose Scorpius, because you gave me a choice. I hope you enjoy!

-

Potions class... one of your favorite classes. Not because of the subjects, but because Scorpius was sitting near you. You had every class with him, but during potions he was sitting at the table besides you.

'Y/N, you're staring again.'

You looked at your best friend Nicole.

'Sorry.' You mumbled.

You opened your potion book. You grabbed your quill and a piece of parchment and paid attention again. After a while you couldn't help but look at Scorpius.  He looked at you too. You exchanged glances and then you quickly looked away. Your cheeks shot red as you looked back to the teacher.

'He looked at you.' Nicole smiled. 

'Shut up.' You mumbled. 

Nicole grinned. You looked back at the white haired boy and when he looked at you, you quickly preretended to write something down.

'This is ridiculous! Just talk to the guy.' Nicole whispered. 

'Are you crazy?! What do I say to him? Hi, I'm Y/N, I've been looking at you for the past year.'

Nicole let out a small chuckle.

'No you idiot. Just say: hi.'

'How about... no.'

Later that day you and Nicole were sitting in the Slytherin common room. It was after dinner and you were one of the only once who were awake.

'I'm going to go to bed.' You yawned.

You got up and walked towards the girls dorm.

'Wait Y/N, I have to tell you something... something no-one can know. I don't want to say it here. Meet me at the lake... around midnight.'

'Seriously? Is something wrong? You can tell me anything.'

'I just... don't want anyone else to know. What if people will hear us?'

You nodded.

'I'll be there.'

You walked towards your room. Leaving Nicole.  Nicole was tired but had to wait. A few minutes later Scorpius walked into the common room.

'Oh... Hi Nicole.' He smiled.

'Hi Scorpius...' She spoke, trying to sound worried.

'What's wrong?' He asked while hanging his coat away.

'I have to tell you something... could you... meet me at the lake around midnight? I don't want anyone to hear it.'

'Shouldn't you tell-'

'It's about her.' She quickly lied.

Scorpius looked at her and nodded.

'See you then.' He spoke.

He walked up to his room. As soon as he left up to his room Nicole smiled. Plan executed.

You hardly got any sleep. What was so important that Nicole didn't tell you? You sighed and got up. It was almost midnight. You didn't share a room with Nicole so you had no idea if she was gone already. You grabbed your wand.

'Lumos.' You whispered.

You put on your shoes and your coat and you walked into the dungeons. You walked through the dungeons, trying to make sure you wouldn't get caught. You sneaked out of the dungeons and walked towards the lake.

'Nicole?' You whispered.

She didn't answer. You looked around and saw someone near the lake. You stepped forwards and stuck out your wand.

'Nicole is that you?' You heard some ask and the person turned around.

'Scorpius?' You asked.

'Oh... erm... uhm.... Hi...' He spoke awkwardly. 

You lowered your wand a bit and looked at him.

'Have you seen Nicole? She told me to meet her here.'

'Uhm... no, I was looking for her. She told me the same thing.'

You looked around and then you realized it... she wasn't going to come.

'Oh no... that little...' you didn't finished your sentence.

'What?' Scorpius asked.

You crossed your arms. 

'She isn't going to show up! This is just a trick so I would...' you stopped.

Scorpius waited for you to finish your sentence, causing an awkward silence.

'So you would..?' He decided to say.

'Nothing, never mind. Bye.' You spoke.

You wanted to walk away.

'Wait... you don't have to go.' Scorpius spoke.

You turned around and looked at him. Why was he asking you to stay?

'Why? If we get caught, we're dead.' You spoke.

'There must be a reason we had to meet here.' Scorpius spoke.

You sighed and looked at the lake. You knew the reason. But you couldn't tell him! It would be so embarrassing! What if he felt different towards you? What if he thought you were his type? What if his parents wouldn't approve?

'Do you know the reason?' Scorpius asked.

You just nodded and sat down in the grass. Scorpius sat down besides you. Yes... it was definitely awkward. You played with the grass. 

'Are you going to tell me?'

You shrugged and grabbed a little stone. You threw it in the lake. Scorpius looked at the stars.

'Beautiful night.' He spoke.

'Indeed...'

You looked at the sky with him.

'Nicole made us come here... because...' you pauzed for a short moment. 'I never had the courage to talk to you... because I like you.' You spoke uncomfortably and a bit awkward.

Scorpius looked at you.

'Seriously?' He asked. 'Well... Y/N, I like you too.'

You looked at him in surprise.

'Y/N, will you go out with me?' He asked. 

You smiled. 

'Of course.'