Draco x depressed!reader ~ surprises me

Requested by: freeweeler

Enjoy

-

I didn't matter what house they were from. You expected it from your fellow Slytherins, Maybe from the Gryffindors too.. The rest was just going along with it. No one really seemed to be willing to help you.

You were a Slytherin but your entire family was in Gryffindor. Everyone knew they were. Of course not everyone bullied you. It was mostly the Slytherins and a few Gryffindors.

You were walking through the corridors towards the common room. Every day was quite tiring for you. Hearing all the remarks all the time.

You walked inside and sat down for a moment. Everything was just dark and gloomy for you. You constantly for sad. You had dark thought which you didn't want to have.

Every time someone passed you downstairs you flinched a little. You were afraid of what they were going to do or say.

Someone sat down besides you. You moved away from him or her and looked in the total opposite direction.

'I don't bite, you know.'

You recognised that voice. It was Draco Malfoy. His friends bullied you but he never really said anything. He never interfered. It surprised you. You turned your head to him.

Draco looked at you. He thought you were mysterious. He wanted to know why you were a Slytherin. He thought you were different.. but in a good way. He didn't want to bully you, so he didn't.

'Sorry?' You asked.

'I don't bite. You don't need to move to like the other side of the common room when I sit down besides you.'

He saw that you were feeling miserable. Your eyes showed immense hurt and sadness.

'Are you okay?' He asked.

You just nodded and looked away from him again. You just hoped he'd leave.

'You sure?'

'Why are you talking to me?' You asked.

'Because I can?'

You looked back at him.

'You never talk to me.' You said.

'So?' He asked. 'I'm not being mean, am I?'

'Which surprises me.' You said. 'Seeing it's quite easy to be mean to me.'

Draco immediately noticed that that was what was wrong.

'What's the point? You're a Slytherin. Us Slytherins don't bother each other. We bother other people.'

You didn't get what he was aiming for. What did he want from you? You di dnt trust it.

'Besides, I think it's quite interesting. How does someone with a family filled with Gryffindors end up in Slytherin? Quite remarkable. If anything, you're special.'

Was Draco being nice to you? You could feel something you hadn't felt in awhile.. were you smiling?

'But then again, I am just me. So I don't know if you're even interested in what I think. Not everyone is evil, you know.' Draco said while getting up. 'I might be mean sometimes but not if I don't have a reason to be.'

Draco walked away, leaving you even more confused.

-

You hadn't seen Draco at all the next day. You actually wanted to talk to him. You decided to wait for him in the common room.

Leaving from the common room were Draco and his friends. You looked at Draco who smiled a little at you.

'Look who it is. Our Gryffindor.' Pansy smirked.

You never really answered. It would only give them more to comment on. Draco did see that it bothered you. He actually thought it was quite interesting that you were a Slytherin in a Gryffindor family. He was curious why.

'The Gryffindor common room is that way.'

You rolled your eyes and wanted to pass them. Gregory stopped you.

'Where do you think you're going?' He asked.

You looked at Draco for a moment. Gregory pushed you back. You stumbled back a little but managed to keep standing.

'Look at you. Your parents must be so disappointed in you.' Pansy grinned.

They weren't. They thought it was fine. They didn't care in what house you were. Of course they didn't know about the bullying. You couldn't tell them. It would break their hearts.

'They're not disappointed. Just because your parents are disappointed about you doesn't mean that mine are about me.'

Draco wanted to laugh but held it back. You could see it. Pansy heard it.

'Are you serious Draco?!' She asked.

'What?' He asked.

'You're laughing about that?'

'It was funny.' He shrugged

'She's not funny, right Draco?' Pansy asked. 'She's a Gryffindor.'

'Technically she's a Slytherin. Besides, I'm quite intrigued by the fact she is.'

You smiled at him. He was helping you? He was stopping them from bullying you?

'You're not serious, Are you?' Vincent asked.

'I am.' Draco said. ' I'm glad we came across her. We needed to continue that conversation we had yesterday. I think you're quite a curious person.' Draco said while looking at you.

'I was looking for you.' You said.

'Well let's go inside then.' He said.

Draco walked away. The group was too startled to do anything. You sneaked past them and hurried after Draco..