Young Snape x dragon hybrid!reader ~ he's going with me

Requested by: Loaqis

Enjoy!
-

You were sitting at the lake, studing for your potions test. It was a beautiful day. You loved sitting outside when the sun was shining.

'Hi fire.'

 You looked up and saw your friend. Your nickname was fire because you were a dragon hybrid. You had huge wings which you normally tried to hide under your robes.

'Hi.' You smiled.

She joined you.

'Lovely day.'

'It sure is.'

You looked around the grass and saw something in the distance. You looked a little better. It was Severus Snape. He was a nice guy. You were working together with him during potions.

He was always getting teased and it looked like it was happening again. You saw it happening before.

You got up and wanted to approach the group. You friend grabbed your sleeve.

'Don't do it Y/N. Let it be. You don't want to be bullied, right?'

'It has been happening since he's been here. I'm just going to talk to them.'

'You know how this is going to end.' She sighed.

'I don't.' You shrugged.

You walked over to the group. You saw how they pushed Severus around, using spells and calling him names.

'What's going on here?' You asked the group.

The stopped for a moment. Severus looked at you. You past him a small smile and looked at the Gryffindors.

'Just teasing this loser. Wanna join?' James asked.

'No thank you. Severus has to help me with my potions homework so I just came to pick him up.'

James placed his hand on Severus' shoulder. He flinced and looked at you. Almost begging you to take him with you.

'We weren't done yet. We need him for a moment. You can have him later.'

You grinned and shook your head.

'I don't think you really understand.' You told them. 'He's going with me now or I'm going to have to take him from you.' You smiled.

The boys started laughing. Probably because you were a girl. They were underestimating you. You played with your robes and waited until they were done.

'You'd rather stay here, right.. Severus.' James sneered.

'I'd rather no-' he gasped in pain as one of the guys kicked him against his back. 'Yes.. I'd rather stay here.' He then mumbled.

'Very funny.' You sighed. I'll rephrase my sentence.' You grinned. 'Severus is coming with me, away from you stupid idiots and you're going to leave him alone, or else I'll make you.'

James let Severus go and stepled towards you. He was smirking, clearly not impressed. You just stood there looking at him. You weren't impressed by him either.

'And why should be scared of a girl?' He asked you.

You normally didn't really show anyone but you opened your robes and spread out your Dragon wings. James was startled for a moment.

'Don't make me burn your face off.' You threatened.

James stepped back for a moment. He turned around.

'Let's go.' He said, but his friends were already gone.

Severus looked at you in surprise and admired your beautiful wings. You grabbed your robes and walked over to him.

'Thank you.' He said.

'No problem.' You smiled.

He was still glancing at your wings. You lowered them and put on your robes.

'I usually never really show them.' You smiled shyly.

'They're beautiful.' Severus smiled.

'Thank you.'

You two started walking back to your friend.

'Can you really spit fire?' He asked you.

You laughed shortly.

'No. I can't. I was just making them go away. No one deserves to be treated like that.'

'Everyone seems to think it's normal.' He sighed. 'I'm glad you helped me.'

You two sat down with your friend. She looked up in surprise.

'They didn't beat you up?' She asked you.

'No. I'm a dragon. Duh.'

Your friend closed her book and raised her brows.

'Tell me you didn't.'

'She did.' Severus laughed.

She sighed and looked back into her book.

'Seriously. Thank you.'

'You've thanked me enough.' You smiled.

'No I didn't..  You want to do something with me sometime? Let me but you a drink.'

You smield and blushed a little. Was he asking you out? Or was it just to thank you? You didn't care at this point.

'I would like that.' You smiled.

'It's a deal.' Severus smiled.