Ron x reader ~ Yule ball problems

Requested by: thatgirlhaley2005

Enjoy!
-

You took one last good look at your dress. You sighed nervously. The person who you wanted to go with didn't ask you.. so you went alone. Very sad for a girl.. but true.

'It's alright Y/N. There are more girls going alone. Besides, you look amazing. I'm sure someone will ask you to dance.' Hermione smiled.

You sighed and managed to bring up a small smile.

'Besides.. Ron is just an idiot. He could have asked you. He choice to take the twin of Harry's date.' Hermione sighed. 'He's missing out on a perfect chance.'

'Thank you Hermione. Viktor is lucky.' You smiled.

You and Hermione made your way to the great hall. You let Hermione go first. You walked after her. You saw Harry staring at you two. Ron was already gone. You wanted to see him.

'Y/N, you look amazing.' Harry complimented you.

'Thanks Harry. You look great to.' You smiled.

You made your way to the great hall and saw Ron with his date. You desided to walk over to him. You had been friends for so long..  You just liked him a lot. He wasn't looking forwards to this ball at all. Be said he probably wouldn't dance today.

'Hi Ron.' You smiled.

He looked up at you. He thought you looked beautiful. He just couldn't get himself to say it because of his mood.

'Hi Y/N.' He spoke a little grumpy.

'You're happy today.'

He rolled his eyes and looked at the champions who were passing. You smiled and waved at Hermione who walked with Viktor. Harry looked a little nervous. The music started playing. The champions started dancing. Harry had no idea what he was doing and the rest look amazing. You felt pretty bad for him.

Dumbelfore and McGonagall joined in. The dancing looked great. You looked at Ron who stood there staring. You hoped he would ask you.

'Looks good, doesn't it?' You asked him.

'Yeah, marvellous.' Ron sighed.

You sighed and looked back up. Students started dancing as well. You hated that no one asked you. Not even Ron.

You and Ron had been friends since you are little. The Weasley family meant a lot to you. You didn't want to fall in love with him.. but it happened.

You made your way to the stage. Hermione pulled you with her to dance to the rock music. It was a lot of fun. You loved dancing and were happy that Hermione wanted to dance with you and Krum.

After a few minutes of dancing you all left to rest. You saw Harry and Ron sitting on the side with their dates. You walked over to them.

'Don't you two want to dance?' You asked them.

'No thanks.' Harry sighed.

'No.' Ron just said.

'You guys have been depressed all evening. Dancing doesn't matter.' You said while sitting down.

'This just isn't something for us.' Ron muttered.

'Well you at least got dates.' You sighed.

Harry and Ron both looked at you.

'You don't have a date?' Ron asked.

'Ssst!' You hissed. 'It's embarrassing. I hoped someone would ask me and I was too shy to ask someone I like.' You sighed.