Tom riddle x reader ~ something just like this

6 updates today! (6)

Anonymous (if you pm me you can ask me to be anonymous)

Song inspired: something just like this by coldplay and the chain smokers

Enjoy!

-

You sighed and heard Tom leave the common room. Every night he did the same. You never knew why. You wanted to know. You stayed up for this. You got up and sneaked out of your room. You didn't want to wake your roommates up.

You sneaked downstairs and hurried after Tom. You couldn't be seen though. Not my Tom but also not by others. You followed Tom towards the library where he walked inside. You followed him in shortly after.

He walked into the forbidden section.. why would he go there? What was he up to?

You and Tom had been.. kinda friends for a while now. You talked every once in a while. He didn't mind when you called him Tom. But you liked him more then he knew.. he had something interesting. Mysterious.

You saw him looked through some books. The dimmed light of his wand was lighting up a part of his face. You smiled slightly as suddenly the room felt 10 °c warmer.

He grabbed some books and walked to one of the tables. You could read some of the titles..

Dark magic
All about horcruxes
Heroes of the past
Muggle myths

What the hell was he doing? What was going on? You sighed and watched him open the books. You didn't know what was going on. You stepped away from the bookshelves.

'Tom.. what are you doing?' You asked.

Tom looked up and in one go pushed all the books from the table.

'Y/N! Didn't see you there.. uhm.. I'm not doing anything.' He said.

You sighed and walked over to him. You picked the books up and put them on table.

'What's all of this?'

'Why would you want to know?' He asked.

'Why wouldn't I?'

Tom sighed and sat lowered the book he was holding.

'Because I'll scare you away.' He sighed.

'You're scared of scaring me away?' You asked.  'Why?'

Tom didn't awnser and didn't look at you. He was too scared to admit that he liked you.. a lot. You grabbed his hand and his cheeks shot red. He looked at you.

'Don't worry Tom. You won't scare me away.'

I'm just a nobody Y/N. I'll never become as great as Merlin or Dumbledore.. I'll never become a great wizard unless I study why they were powerful and how I can become powerful.'

'But these are muggle myths.. and these are muggle superheroes.. They aren't real.' You said.

'So? I can still learn from it.' Tom sighed.

'Is dark magic and horcruxes the way to go here? You'll turned into a dark wizard.'

'A dark powerful wizard.' He corrected you.

You sighed and looked at the books.

'You've been reading these books of old. The legends and the myths..'

You grabbed one of the books. You had to convince him to stop this.

'Achilles and his gold.. Hercules and his gifts..'

You glanced at the other books.

'Spiderman's control and Batman with his fists.'

'And I'm not on that list Y/N.' Tom sighed.

You looked at him.

'Because you're not an adult yet! Your great things will come later in life. I promise you, Tom!'

'But how do you know Y/N! I might just end up with some boring job in the ministry! I want people to know that I'm the most powerful wizard on this earth!'

You couldn't believe that he was actually saying this.

'And you think horcruxes and dark magic is the way to go?! It isnt Tom!'

'If I have horcruxes I can't die. That means I have a lot of time to be amazing.'

'You've been reading these stupid books! They tell you lies. The testaments they told. The moon and its eclipse and Superman unrolls a suit before he lifts.. do you think that is real?!'

'I'm not the kind of person that will ever get a cool suit! I'll never be something people will remember!'

You were starting to get angry. Why didn't he listen to you?

'Where'd you wanna go? How much you wanna risk? I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts! Some superhero, some fairytale bliss! Just something I can turn to.. Somebody I can miss!'

Tom looked at you.

'What did you say?'

You sighed and couldn't believe you just said that to him.

'That's what this is about..  isn't it?' You asked.

'What?'

'You want to impress me.'

'That's not true..' He spoke but you heard he was lying.

'I don't need you to be a dark wizard. Some hero.. I need you to be someone I'll miss and someone I can kiss. Someone who's there for me. I don't want you to do this.' You said.

Tom looked at you.

'Do you like me?' He asked. 'And I mean me.. The Tom you saw?' He asked.

You smiled and grabbed his hands.

'A lot.' You smiled.

He smiled back at you.

'I like you too Y/N.'

You got up and walked towards him. You crouched down and laid your hand in his neck. Tom pressed his lips against yours and you kissed him back.