young!James Potter x reader ~ why are you doing this to me?

Requested by: @Wolfchase01

Enjoy!
-

You were walking down the hall with Sirius. You and Sirius were very good friends. Class just ended and you were on your way to find the rest. One of them was James, your boyfriend.

'Where are they?' You sighed.

'They vanished. Like a wizard under an invisibility cloak.'

'Vanished into thin air like the smoke that come off a cauldron.' You laughed.

'Good one.' He grinned.

You and Sirius could always laugh and talk. You friends with him waaayyy before you knew the others.

James and the others were on the other end of the corridor and they saw you and Sirius coming.

'Oh James it's mister steal your girl.' Remus laughed.

They knew that James lately didn't like it that you spend so much time with Sirius. He was afraid that he would steal you from him. Yup, He was jealous.

'Shut up.' He hissed.

'Jealoussss.' Peter laughed.

James pushed him a little and looked at you.

'Fucking arsehole.' He mumbled.

'There it is!' Remus laughed.

'Look at them! Do you see them with your eyeballs! Look! Every time. God why can't she just walk with me from class and want to spend that kind of time with me? She's my bloody girlfriend.'

James sighed and then just walked away, not willing to listen to the boys and not willing to look at you and Sirius.

'Where's James?' You asked while joining the boys.

'He just walked away.' Remus said. 'I don't know why.'

You were confused. Lately James has been distant from you. It made you feel a little sad. You thought that you two were doing fine..

'Oh.' You said, slightly disappointed. 'Any idea where he went?'

'Nope.' Peter said.

-

The following days you didn't see James at all. You were worried. He wasn't hanging with his friends and even in class he wouldn't sit besides anyone. After class he'd just disappear.

You were sitting in the common room. You were just waiting for him to come back. Every time someone walked in you hoped it was James. You had to talk to him.

When someone else walked in you looked up again. It was Sirius.

'Oh hi..' You said while looking away.

Sirius sat down besides you.

'Still waiting for him?'

You just nodded. Sirius saw how sad you were. He tried to talk to James but he would just ignore him and walk away. He seemed to be the angriest at him.

'Are you two in a fight?'

'Not that I know. I don't get what I did wrong. What did I do to deserve this?'

'I don't know Y/N.. You want a hug?' He asked.

'No.. I want him to hug me. I want him to talk to me and tell me what's wrong. What if he breaks up with me?' You choked.

Sirius wanted to answer but then the rest walked in. He was hanging out with Remus and Peter but not with you two? James looked at you, he saw the tears in your eyes but he couldn't bring himself to talk to you. He walked straight past you.

'James.' You said.

He stopped for a moment. He didn't know why.

'So you are hanging out with them but not with me and Sirius?'

He didn't answer and started walking again.

'Yeah of course. Go walk away! Go leave me here with all these unanswered questions again! God if you want to break up with me, just do it! I can't take this James!' You choked.

Tears started rolling down your cheeks. James turned to you and he realised how much he had hurt you.

'I don't want to break up with you.'

'Then why are you doing this to me?!' You cried.

Remus walked over to his and laid his hand in his shoulder.

'Don't tell me your gay.' You then said.

James looked at Remus and then at you in confusion.

'No!' He then said.

'James is jealous of you and Sirius and he doesn't want to see you. It will make it less difficult for him is Sirius then steals you from him.'

You looked at serious and then at James. You never saw him as the jealous type.

'What? You're jealous?' You asked.

James didn't answer you.

'Sirius and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. We're just friends. Nothing more then that! I would never do that to you James, I love you.'

James looked at you. You saw regret in his eyes.

'Besides, Sirius is keeping his options open for Remus.' Peter said to lighten up the mood a bit.

You laughed a little and wiped your tears away. You walked towards James and hugged him. He sighed and hugged you back.

'I wish you would have just told me James.'

'I know. I'm sorry.'

You looked up at him. James leaned in and pressed his lips against yours.