Severus x reader ~ old feelings

Update 5/5

Requested by: ItIsMe9

Enjoy!
-

You smiled and loved being back at Hogwarts.. This time you came back as a teacher. You were going to teach DADA at Hogwarts and were very happy that you got this chance.

'I must say, It's great being back.'

'Well Y/N, we love having you back.' Dumbledore smiled.

He took you into the great hall. The students would almost be arriving for another year. You looked around and memories slowly came back. You looked at the teacher slowly gathering and talking to each other. One teacher caught your eyes.. was that Severus?

You and Serverus used to date and be roommates. It had been so long since you saw him.

'Excuse me.. Dumbledore..  is that-'

'Yes. Severus Snape. Potions teacher here at Hogwarts.'

Serverus looked at you. You passed him a small smile. Severus stopped the conversation he was having. Dumbledore walked away and Serverus came towards you.

You hadn't dated anyone since Severus. What you two had was..  amazing. You were afraid you would never find it again.

'Look who it is.. Y/N Y/L.' Severus said, you swore you could see a small smile.

'Serverus Snape.. You look amazing.' You smiled.

You walked towards him and gave him a small hug, to the surprise of all the teacher who knew Severus for a long time.

'How are you?' You asked.

'I'm fine, You?' He asked.

'I'm great! So potions teacher?' You asked.

'Yes.. let me guess..  Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.'

You grinned.

'How do you know?' You asked.

'We get a new teacher for that every year. I hope you last longer.'

'I hope so too.' You smiled.

-

After Dumbledore introduced you and had his speech the feast began. You were seated besides Severus and saw it as an amazing opportunity to catch up with him. You hadn't seen him since you broke up after Hogwarts.

'So, how long have you been working here?' You asked.

'Too long.' Severus just said.

You laughed but he didn't seem to be joking.

'Oh..  sorry I thought that was a joke.' You said.

'Students tend to tell me I have no sense of humour..  so I don't try.'

'Oh.. sorry.'

'You're fine.'

You took a bite from your food and looked around the busy hall.

'I remember us laughing all night long during some nights.. annoying your roommates.' You then said.

'I guess you're the only one who gets my humour.' Severus said before eating. 'See that kid there?'

You immediately saw who he was pointing at. Harry Potter.. son of James Potter. James was the reason you and Serverus started dating.

He got bullied by James. You were the first person to stand up for him. You were bullied after that as well.. but you thought it was worth it. You were together with Severus. First as friends.. but it didn't take long before you started dating.

'Harry Potter.. if he's like his father.. It can't be good.' You sighed.

'All I know that he's highly annoying.' Severus sighed.

'Does he dislike you?'

'Dislike.. is not the right word.' Severus said. 'More hate.. probably. Not that I don't hate him.'

You thought of something to chance the subject.. but that was a bit difficult.

'So.. what about the ladies? Any lucky woman in your life?' You asked.

'Not really. I liked some.. Lily Potter.. she died. So now I'm just.. not into woman.. or man.. or anyone.' Severus said.

'I haven't liked anyone since you. To be honest I thought we were going to be together after Hogwarts as well.' You said before taking another bite from your food and sip from your drink.

'I thought to too. But we would  have noticed that that wouldn't work.'

'Why wouldn't it? I never got that.. You never told me why you didn't want to be with me anymore.'

'I was in love with Lily for a few days.. I might have liked her longer but I didn't know. I couldn't stay with you knowing I liked her.'

You didn't say anything and just continued eating. Seeing him again did a lot to you. You weren't sure if this was a good or a bad thing. You moved on with life very quickly. You never thought about your break up.

After the feast the great hall slowly became empty. After it was completely empty it was time for the teachers to go. You got up and walked towards the place where all the teachers sleep.

'Y/N..'

You turned around and looked at Severus.

'You want to go to my office and get a drink?'

'I don't know if that's the best idea..' You said.

'Come on, it's just a drink.' You sighed and walked towards Severus. He brought you to his office in the dungeons.

'It's been ages..' You sighed.

You walked into Severus' office. You sat down on the chair in front of his desk.

'You seemed a little tensed after I told you why I broke up with you.' Severus said while grabbed some firewiskey from his cupboard.

'I never actually thought about our break up. I just moved on with life. I focussed on achieving my goals and I guess seeing you and hearing you tell me makes me realise.. that maybe I never took the time to get over our relationship.'

While you were talking, Severus put the firewiskey and some shotglasses between the two of you. You grabbed one and finished it.

'I'm sorry. I told myself I wouldn't tell you. It's been awhile since I've been with a woman and I wanted us to end in good terms.'

'We are in good terms. I shouldn't care this much. It's been ages.'

You refilled your glass and drank it again. Severus took one as well, but quickly realised that was a bad idea.

'It has been it's great see you Y/N.' Severus said, this time smiling.

'It's great to see you too.' You said. 'I must admit that I missed you.. but I think that I didn't only lose my boyfriend but also my best friend after Hogwarts.'

'Yeah it really was a shame.. I must admit that.' Severus said.

You looked at the time and sighed.

'I should go. Else I'll get drunk and then I can't sleep and I'll keep you awake.' You grinned.

You got up and so did Severus. You walked towards the door and stopped. Severus looked at you.

'What's wrong?'

'When you realised you loved Lily.. did you still enjoy our relationship?' You asked while turning to him.

'Of course I did. You know how much I..' he stopped for a second, As if he had to chose his words carefully. 'Loved.. You.'

'Okay.. Good to know.. ' You said.

You hesitated but you decided to hug him once more. Severus hugged you back. You laid your head on his shoulder. You didn't want to let him go.. but you had to.

'Bye.. I'll see you later.'

'Yeah..' Severus said.

You walked away. Severus sighed..  loved... how much he loved you? Or loves you...