Cedric x Reader ~ library

Requested by: JillianHutcheson!

I hope you enjoy!

-

There he walked again. One of the two Hogwarts champions and your biggest crush. Cedric Diggory. You sighed and watched him pass you in the courtyard. 

'Y/N, you're staring again.' Hermione, your younger sister, grinned. 

'Sorry.' You sighed while tearing your gaze away from the handsome boy.

'You don't have to apologize  N/N (nick name). Why don't you go and talk to him? You're in the same house.'

'Mione, it's very sweet that you're trying to help but I have no idea about what I have to say?'

Hermione looked at you.

'How about: hi?' Hermione spoke dryly.

You rolled your eyes and looked back into your book. You were even smarter then Hermione was since you were longer at Hogwarts. You look passed the top of your book and Cedric who was chatting with his friends.

'CEDRIC!' Hermione yelled.

'No! What are you doing!' You spoke while hitting her against her arm.

You got up and grabbed your books. 

'Come on Y/N! You're way to shy.'

'I'm almost the biggest nerd at this school and the biggest nerd in Hufflepuff he will never like me.' You spoke. 

Cedric slowly approached and you hurried away.

'Hi Hermione... where is she going?' Cedric asked.

'I wanted you to meet my sister, Y/N Granger, but she's... not the talkative type... especially not around boys.' Hermione explained.

'Really? I didn't know you had a sister.'

'The last name Granger didn't give it away?' Hermione grinned.

'I've never really talked to her. Even though she's in Hufflepuff. I didn't even know her last name was Granger.' Cedric spoke while scratching the back of his head.

'Yeah... don't tell her that I said this but... she kinda has a thing for you. Like she likes you a lot, she thinks your cool but she's to shy to step up to you... man she's going to kill me. I shouldn't have said this too you... uhm... I'll be going. Bye.'

Hermione quickly hurried away, her face red from embarrassment. She couldn't believe she just told her older sisters secret.

In the meantime you hid in the library. Trying to find a good book, hoping that Cedric didn't see you leave. You walked passed the bookshelves until you found one you liked. You sat down at your table and started reading.

'Y/N!'

You looked up and smiled when you saw one of your best friends, and only friends, Jessica. She was a tall, skinny girl with black hair that came until her shoulders, she had green eyes that hid themselves behind her squared glasses.

'Hi Jessica.' You smiled while putting some of your H/C hair behind your ear.

'What are you reading?'

'Just this book about potions...'

'You've read it three times already.' She grinned. 'What's wrong?'

'Nothing is wron-'

'You always read books you haven't read yet unless you really didn't plan on coming to the library because you're... hiding again?'

You sighed and put down your book.

'Hermione wanted me to meet Cedric... she shouted at him and he came and I didn't want to talk to him...' you spoke while playing with the pages of your book.

Jessica sighed.

'Y/N, you're a great girl... smart, funny and you're not ugly... Y/N, just talk to the guy.'

You closed the book and looked at your best friend. Her eyes stared back into your from behind her squared glasses.

'It's not that easy! I mean... you and Hermione and all the others can just easily walk up to a guy and say hi. I'm just like: What if he thinks I'm a nerd? What if he doesn't even like me? What if he doesn't want to talk to me?

'You'll never find out unless you try.' Jessica spoke.

The door of the library opened and Hermione walked in.

'Hi 'mione.' You smiled.

'I told Cedric you like him and I'm sorry.' She stressed.

Your eyes grew wider.

'You did what?!' You asked.

'I'm sorry! I said it before I realized!'

She sat down besides you.

'This is just great... I can never see him again. This is so embarrassing.'

'What is embarrassing?' Harry asked while sitting down besides Hermione.

'Nothing... everything is fine.' You sighed.while grabbing your book and getting up.

You walked back to the bookshelf and placed the book back. You sighed and looked through the books. You grabbed another book you had read before. You down again and placed the book on the table.

'Shall I just obliviate him?'

'No way!' Jessica hissed.

You sighed and rubbed your face with your hands palms.

'Y/N... I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have done this.' Hermione spoke.

You didn't answer. You opened the book and started reading. The door to the library opened. Hermione and Jessica looked at the door. They both got up and Hermione pulled Harry with her. You didn't even noticed them leave. When you looked up they were gone. 

'You have got to be kidding me.' You spoke to yourself softly.

You got up and placed your book back. As soon as you wanted to grab another one, someone else grabbed it at the same time, from the other side of the shelve. You gasped in surprise and let it go. Cedric's head peeked around the side of the shelve.

'Oh, I'm sorry.' He grinned.

'I-It's fine.' You stuttered before looking back at the bookshelf with red cheeks.

'You can have it if you want to.' He spoke.

'It's fine... you can have it.'

Cedric walked towards you.

'Here... Y/N... right?' Cedric asked with  charming smile.

'Yes... thank you.'

You grabbed the book from his hand.

'It's funny... I didn't know Hermione had a sister.'

'Well... not a lot of people do.' You spoke nervously while stroking some hair behind your ear. 'Listen about what my sister said...'

'It's fine Y/N.' He grinned. 'Do you want to do something together some time?' He asked.

You looked at him in confusion.

'But you don't even know me.'

'I can get to know you... can't I?' He asked.

You smiled.

'Sure.'

Cedric smiled.

'Well, I'll see you later.' He spoke.

He winked and walked away. Leaving you happy and a bit surprised.