Tom riddle x reader ~ this isn't the way

Requested by: HJHST0830

Enjoy!
-

You headed over to the library again. Tom Riddle was tutoring you in DADA. You two didn't know each other before that. But recently you were something that resembled friends. He was actually a nice guy. You liked him.. a lot.

You already saw him sitting in the library. He had a stack of books besides him and he was reading one. When he noticed you he closed the book and put the other stack of books on top of it. You sat down besides him and smiled.

'You ready?' He asked you.

'Of course.. are you? You looked busy.'

'No it's fine.' He said while pushing the books aside.

You looked at the large stack.

'Are you sure? We can do this later if you want.'

'Yes I am. I do have to go after this hour ends. Normally we'd have two but I.. have to do something.'

You placed your book on the table. Tom grabbed it and opened it. He skipped through it but his eyes kept looking at the books.

'Tom.. I'll come back another time.' You said while grabbed your book from him.

'No!' He exclaimed. 'I mean no.. You don't have too.'

'You seem detracted.. we have a free period later today. Maybe you should first do what you want to do before we do this.'

Tom sighed and looked at you.

'I'm sorry. I promise I'll help you with everything later.'

You smiled and nodded. Tom got up and grabbed the stack of books. He walked away but one book dropped.. the one he was just reading.

'Tom!' You shouted.

But tom was already gone. You walked towards the book and grabbed it. It come from the restricted section. You turned it around.. horcruxes?

You did hear about what horcruxes was. You opened the book and scanned through it. After reading some things you realised what Tom was going to do. You put the book down and ran outside. You started looking for him.

You ran through the corridors. He was going to kill someone and you didn't know who it was. You passed the girls bathroom and heard Myrtle talk to someone.. It was Tom. You opened the door and saw Tom. He had his wand pointed at Myrtle.

You ran over to him and tackled him, his spell hit the sink. You were laying on top of him. Myrtle looking at you.

'Go!' You screamed at her and she ran away.

Tom pushed you away. He got up and you looked at him while getting up as well.

'Are you insane?!' You asked him.

'How did you know?' He asked you calmly.

'You dropped a book about horcruxes. What has gotten into you?! Why would you even do that?!'

'Why did you stop me?' He asked you.

You looked at him and couldn't believe he said that. Why did you stop him? That was the first thing that got into your mind. You had to stop him.

'Why did I stop You?! This is nothing like you! Killing someone? Horcruxes? Don't go down that road.'

'How do you know what's like me? You hardly know me.'

'I know that it isn't. During our tutor sessions you're so sweet. I didn't know you wanted to kill anyone.'

Tom just looked at you. He couldn't believe that you actually cared.

'Are you going to tell anyone?' He asked you.

'Are you going to try again?'

Tom shrugged. You stepped closer to him and laid your hand on his shoulder Tom looked st you.

'This is not the way Tom. I don't know why you did it, but this isn't the way. I don't know what's going on but I know that this isn't like you.'

Tom sighed.

'I know.' He just said. 'People just don't understand me.' He said.

'Then make me understand.'

Tom looked at you and smiled.

'You're nice.. I like you.'

You smiled and blushed.

'I like you too.'

Tom moved his hand on your cheek. You looked at his arm and then back at him. You moved your hand away from his shoulder and stepped a little closer to him.

'Thank you.' He just said before pressing his lips against yours.